• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 South Africa 1 oz Silver Krugerrand Proof

Sadbuttrue2

19 minutes ago, dutchman said:

Although this coin is a much lower mintage than the 2017 issue it will hit those who bought at a very high premiun glad i sold mine and did okay

The 2018 silver proof has the same mintage has 2017, not "much lower". 

Yes it is possible that 2017 prices will get a hit, however, this is still the first for silver krugerrands and also an anniversary  year, so I think that 2017 silver proofs will  keep a better premium over the 2018 ones 

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

Can anyone think of a reason for buying one of these?:rolleyes:

Because it 's a beautiful coin and they like it :), and I like it

or for flipping them (it was a good bet in 2017 and I have made money on it, but not sure for this new  year). Now, as a wise investment for the long term, I don't know...it would have been better if the SA mint had not reinterated the proof version

Nevertheless, I still keep one 2017 proof but will not buy this new edition 

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:13, sovereignsteve said:

Because the hundreds of times you will have to return it to get a decent example (which will end up spotting anyway) could keep your local Post Office in business?

I was a fool and paid £99 for the BU version due to a price hike on STG when they came out. Stupidly thought since they went to that price they were running out(was quite new to stacking at this point - i know 1 million mintage how stupid). 

Looked the other day as it is one of my favorite coins and its completly spotted so took it out the capsule. Will keep in my wallet to get the use out of it atleast.

23 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

I was a fool and paid £99 for the BU version due to a price hike on STG when they came out. Stupidly thought since they went to that price they were running out(was quite new to stacking at this point - i know 1 million mintage how stupid). 

Looked the other day as it is one of my favorite coins and its completly spotted so took it out the capsule. Will keep in my wallet to get the use out of it atleast.

It is a nice coin to be fair. At least you can feel that you’re using it lol like you say 

29 minutes ago, Oystonout said:

It is a nice coin to be fair. At least you can feel that you’re using it lol like you say 

When I go to Psychic evenings and they ask me to cross their palm with silver I always get a free reading after I pull out the Silver Krug :)

6 minutes ago, kimchi said:

When I go to Psychic evenings and they ask me to cross their palm with silver I always get a free reading after I pull out the Silver Krug :)

Lol

when you pull out the krug they lean back and say “you have overcome many obstacles in your life”

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:13, sovereignsteve said:

collecting purpose , yes I will buy a bu gold or silver about now , price could drop futher because of 1 million mintage but I don't mind to over paid a few pounds for a new coin 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

collecting purpose , yes I will buy a bu gold or silver about now , price could drop futher because of 1 million mintage but I don't mind to over paid a few pounds for a new coin 

It seems that the PU "Premium uncirculated"  mintage has been  lowered to 630000 for 2017

I have seen a real BU  coming for 2018,  it will be an unlimited BU edition like Maples, ASE or else at a BU price. I hope that the SA Mint will not reinterate  the PU edition. So if we get a PU at a reasonable price, it could be a good player with 630000 coins...in the long term 

28 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

It seems that the PU "Premium uncirculated"  mintage has been  lowered to 630000 for 2017

I have seen a real BU  coming for 2018,  it will be an unlimited BU edition like Maples, ASE or else at a BU price. I hope that the SA Mint will not reinterate  the PU edition. So if we get a PU at a reasonable price, it could be a good player with 630000 coins...in the long term 

Maybe we should assume 63000 minus milk spots then probably not too many left but we also have to consider that the coin is going to be same pattern every year 

Long term got to be quite long term I think maybe 10 years before we can see some “ meaningful “ gain provided if the coin doesn’t spot 

1 hour ago, fehk2001 said:

Maybe we should assume 63000 minus milk spots then probably not too many left but we also have to consider that the coin is going to be same pattern every year 

Long term got to be quite long term I think maybe 10 years before we can see some “ meaningful “ gain provided if the coin doesn’t spot 

You are certainly right Fehk, and there is probably better things to do before. 

5 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

was referring to the proof 2018 at well over 100 quid

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

5 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

was referring to the proof 2018 at well over 100 quid

then I will give u another reason , it will worth more than 100 pound one day :D maybe tomorrow maybe 20 years later we don't know 

4 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I doubt it

u never know maybe they will do last years trick or mule trick , but I am sure it will worth some money one day :lol:

I don't know what the proof is like cos I never bought any silver proof kur 

11 hours ago, Frenchie said:

"I have seen a real BU  coming for 2018,  it will be an unlimited BU edition like Maples, ASE or else at a BU price."

Do you have a link or actual proof its coming out this year?

Archived