• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

QPR V PRESTON NORTH END.

QPR, DULL DULL DULL. we never had a shot all game, i was bored after ten minutes.There were some fellas that traveled all the way down from Scotland to watch the match as were there some Norwegian fans.What the hell they must think i don't know.

I would rather be entertained and go down than sit in a library waiting for the final whistle.

I lost the will to live by the end of the game.Did not stop me buying Reading away tickets,for a Thursday night, must be mental.

Rumours going around that a couple of the Chelsea players were having a bit on the side with Eva the physio, Jose didn't like this and that's why He sacked Her which has upset the team.

Players in question were Ivanovic and no surprise John Terry, (maybe this should go in the conspiracy threat.) 

I know exactly who Eva was dabbling with at Chelsea. (remember I am friends with the son of Chelsea legend, who does hospitality work at Chelsea every game). You are half right. Terry wasn't involved. But Ivanovich was. Also for the record she wasn't sacked. In fact she was asked to report back to first team duties along with the physio who also got a bollocking. He returned to his duties. She refused, had a hissy fit, and handed in her notice.

6 hours ago, SilverPirate said:

QPR V PRESTON NORTH END.

QPR, DULL DULL DULL. we never had a shot all game, i was bored after ten minutes.There were some fellas that traveled all the way down from Scotland to watch the match as were there some Norwegian fans.What the hell they must think i don't know.

I would rather be entertained and go down than sit in a library waiting for the final whistle.

I lost the will to live by the end of the game.Did not stop me buying Reading away tickets,for a Thursday night, must be mental.

To a fellow sufferer of Championship mediocracy I salute you.  Having gone nine hours without scoring a goal ( since Oct 3rd) and I think Cardiff's position is as painful as QPRs 

Anyway! the goal drought was broken yesterday, by way of a brace and against your next opponents who up to the end of last month had the highest amount of shots on target of any team in the Championship. Reading seems to have wobbled a bit ( no win in 5)  so they might be there for the taking.

Have a soft spot for QPR and dating back to the Div II Play Off final in 2003. Somehow managed to get collared into a QPR designated pub outside the Millennium Stadium before the game and had some good banter with them. Also the undying vision of the midget Campbell shrugging off Shittu in order to chip your keeper lives long in the memory...................; (sorry for that :) )  

Edited by ArthGoch

Shittu, blimey there's a blast from the past.We have Middlesborough away on a Friday night then Dirty Leeds on a Saturday then Reading on a Thursday.I feel for the die-hards who go home and away regardless. Especially when your favorite team is a bunch of shittu and you know there going to get hammered.

Reading charged me  £10 to park my car on some waste land two years ago,I wonder if they have improved it?

6 hours ago, SilverPirate said:

Leeds fan?

Just Banter.

Oh yes, of long standing; it has aged me horribly.

I remember the days when jealous rival fans did use the "dirty Leeds" tag but IMO it was just professionalism ahead of it's time.

I was looking forward to the fan buyout until that tw*t Cellino pulled the offer. What with Bates before him and that total wa*ker Ridsdale before him, why can't these useless duckheads just stay out of football unless they've got millions to put in like some clubs seem to get?

Banter. yes, no problem, no offense taken! ;)

Always enjoyed watching QPR in recent years.

11 minutes ago, SilverPirate said:

Shittu, blimey there's a blast from the past.

Particularly in the lower leagues I always thought he was a class player. His height no doubt helped his defending, but he always seemed to put an honest shift in .

I don't know if you were at the Play Off final, but it was a real hot and humid day, and the Millennium Stadium's design means that the heat just keeps on rising. You could see that Danny was knackered and with Campell only just coming on you could see that he just did not have the legs. So our little pixie just dance past him where nine times out of ten he would have nailed him.  

The other Cardiff/QPR legacy of the time was our umming and arring about signing Gareth Ainsworth who had been on loan with us the end of the 2002/03 season. We procrastinated and you stepping in and was another player that I always thought was better than the average 

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

and that total wa*ker Ridsdale before him,

Come and Join Us ......Come and Join Us!

Yes; the Riddler. Much loved in south Wales as well 

19 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

He was "just living the dream", money no object. Wined and dined at all the big clubs on CL match days. Way to bankrupt a proud club with such history and fans.

The FA Cup game against us in Jan 2002 I think was the first instalment of the living the dream turning into a nightmare. 

Strange how the Riddler had to be pulled off Sam Hamman that night by David O'Leary and then in a few years they were bosom buddies - that's football ay

Edited by ArthGoch

I must confess that I've almost been feeling sorry for Chelsea and the special one recently. Things just haven't been going for them rub of the green wise and they haven't really been playing badly. And all these referees who are against them, not to mention the world. Then I remembered that it's Chelsea we're talking about: that arrogant, dirty, diving, referee-manipulating lot who used to get all the dodgy decisions going their way and my sympathy just evaporates away! :D:D:D

Morinho only usually lasts a couple of season or three after inheriting sides and then outstays his welcome. He is a bit of a fraud as he inherits good sides and then moves on after a few years when things go sour as they always do with him.

Teams managed
2000 Benfica
2001–2002 União de Leiria
2002–2004 Porto
2004–2007 Chelsea
2008–2010 Inter Milan
2010–2013 Real Madrid
2013–

Chelsea

from wiki

Edited by Oldun

Who else is enjoying the Salford city documentary ? Thoroughly enjoying it myself,

I am not a great fan of Man Utd after having them rammed down my neck every working night for 15 years by a glory hunting work colleague,but i have grown to like the old boy network running the club.

Seeing Nevill,Scholes and Butt jumping around like true fans was a joy to watch in the weekends F A cup match.

1 hour ago, SilverPirate said:

Who else is enjoying the Salford city documentary ? Thoroughly enjoying it myself,

I am not a great fan of Man Utd after having them rammed down my neck every working night for 15 years by a glory hunting work colleague,but i have grown to like the old boy network running the club.

Seeing Nevill,Scholes and Butt jumping around like true fans was a joy to watch in the weekends F A cup match.

I meant to look it up but somehow managed to miss it. I'll have to find it on catchup or iplayer or something. Not enough time for watching everything!

having just returned from a weekend in germany watching hertha berlin , ive decided im not going to go to matches in this country anymore . im going to save my money and go groundhopping in germany . tbh ive hardly gone to arsenal in the last few years anyway as i cant stand the emirates stadium and have really only done champions league away trips. but now its time for me to stop wasting £50 a year on my silver membership as i let other people use it more than i do and go to football where you can have a laugh and enjoy yourself like we used to.

ive already done munich a couple of times and now berlin , both fantastic cities for a piss up & the atmosphere at the football is unbelievable  , you can sit there drinking a massive bucket of beer and smoking while watching the game . none of this health and safety rubbish you get over here , at arsenal they throw you out just for standing up.

next trip is going to be to see eintracht frankfurt

been there a few times now , it is a fantastic stadium , couple of years ago i was lucky enough to get my uncles gold membership off him for both fa cup semis , the final and england peru . right next to the royal box . the sheff united vs hull semi was a cracker and great atmosphere was by far the best game of the lot that i went to. different world in those seats , free booze & old players in the bar doing a meet and greet . at £7500 a year way out of my price range so was great to experience how the other half lives  

3 hours ago, daz said:

having just returned from a weekend in germany watching hertha berlin , ive decided im not going to go to matches in this country anymore . im going to save my money and go groundhopping in germany . tbh ive hardly gone to arsenal in the last few years anyway as i cant stand the emirates stadium and have really only done champions league away trips. but now its time for me to stop wasting £50 a year on my silver membership as i let other people use it more than i do and go to football where you can have a laugh and enjoy yourself like we used to.

ive already done munich a couple of times and now berlin , both fantastic cities for a piss up & the atmosphere at the football is unbelievable  , you can sit there drinking a massive bucket of beer and smoking while watching the game . none of this health and safety rubbish you get over here , at arsenal they throw you out just for standing up.

next trip is going to be to see eintracht frankfurt

My German team is Bayer Leverkusen. I don't know why. It just is. Borussia Dortmund are very supportable.

Some British clubs I have a soft spot for are Millwall, Man city, Bristol City and Glasgow Rangers.

4 hours ago, daz said:

im going to save my money and go groundhopping in germany .

If you fancy a drop down to Bundesliga II get over to Hamburg and FC St. Pauli.

A club that enshrines what they term as 'Fundamental Principles' involving the club, fans, the local community and the belief that social values should be embedded in a local club.

Due to the fact that it is  run on the lines of cooperative the footballing strategy ( aka results) are a bit suspect. Passionate is an understatement, with an atmosphere and a symbiotic relationship between club and fans which resonate with what use to be the norm for local teams across the UK going back 20 or so years. 

The club used to do weekend packages that involved a home game as well as a full weekend on the lash with a local guide.Highly recommended above and beyond 90 minutes with a bunch of plastics and glory seekers of the EPL 

Edited by ArthGoch

at the moment its dependant on whos playing at home when me and my brother have both got the same weekend off and we can direct flights to.

i think wherever you go in germany you will have a good time

for bundesliga 2 dussledorf looks good , have a watch of these - pretty amazing

dusseldorf

frankfurt fans

On 11/8/2015, 5:15:08, SilverPirate said:

Dirty Leeds

On 11/8/2015, 5:20:45, sovereignsteve said:

I think that is a little offensive these days. There are no grounds for that label; absolutely crap and a joke would be more to the point!

I'm afraid it is ingrained in me, they will always be "dirty leeds" to me. ;) But then I'm of an age when I can remember seeing with my own eyes the tussles of the early 70's between Chelsea and Dirty Leeds. In fact I can name the Leeds team of that era, just as easily as I can name the Chelsea team. We seemed to play each other enough times then. Bremner, Giles, Lorimer, Norman "bite yer legs" Hunter, Charlton, Grey, Clarke etc. Great players all of them, but dirty as hell ...LOL

If anyone wants to see one of the greatest FA Cup finals of all time, watch the 1970 final and replay, between Chelsea and Dirty Leeds.

Two great teams, pulling no punches, going hell for leather on a pitch that would make the Hackney Marshes look like a bowling green. All watched by a record TV audience for a sporting event of 28 million. Beaten only by the 1966 world cup final itself.

29 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

I'm afraid it is ingrained in me, they will always be "dirty leeds" to me. ;) But then I'm of an age when I can remember seeing with my own eyes the tussles of the early 70's between Chelsea and Dirty Leeds. In fact I can name the Leeds team of that era, just as easily as I can name the Chelsea team. We seemed to play each other enough times then. Bremner, Giles, Lorimer, Norman "bite yer legs" Hunter, Charlton, Grey, Clarke etc. Great players all of them, but dirty as hell ...LOL

If anyone wants to see one of the greatest FA Cup finals of all time, watch the 1970 final and replay, between Chelsea and Dirty Leeds.

Two great teams, pulling no punches, going hell for leather on a pitch that would make the Hackney Marshes look like a bowling green. All watched by a record TV audience for a sporting event of 28 million. Beaten only by the 1966 world cup final itself.

Yes I remember those times too. I think I was taken to my first game at Elland Road in the mid-sixties and spent a great deal of my youth on the terraces of the Geldard End during the glory years.

I still maintain that most people hated Leeds out of envy and sheer jealousy. They weren't any more dirty than a lot of other teams. OK a few of them dished it out a bit but so did almost every other centre half in the league. They were a different breed in those days, men were men......

What most people hated about Revie's Leeds was the sheer professionalism and ruthlessness coupled with the brilliance of the players. An exceptionally well balanced team in all respects.

Oh and Chelsea could certainly give as much as they got in those days, David Webb and Ron Harris were hardly pussycats were they? ;)

BTW who's Grey?:)