• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New silver fix starts 15th August

motorbikez

That's the thing Danny nobody is in the know, my prediction is it won't make a shred of difference to the shenanigans that has been going on in the gold and silver markets up to now.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

The key thing to me at any rate is not what is on the LBMA's list of frequently asked questions, it is what is missing from that list, who is going to regulate the new fix/pricing mechanism and how are they going to police it.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Yes, everything I have read has intimated that it probably won't make a jot of difference.

I'm becoming more and more disconnected from spot anyway due to buying more expensive coins, so it doesn't really bother me.

Stacker since 2013

• 1 month later...

I wonder if todays near 4 year low has anything to do with it?

I`m as far removed from being a market "expert" as can be, but I did wonder if the new silver fix brought in a lot of new player that were before uninterested in silver, but jumped in thinking that everything would all be fair and above board now, and that silver was once again safer with regards to certain manipulations.

and that the Recent volatility is an attempt by the powers that be to shake them off?

my Other idea was that perhaps this whole Scotland thing had folks buying into PMs for safety and then suddenly selling them all today because it was a No vote?

(for Thread/Post context in posterity :silver went to £10.94 today, the lowest in about 4 years)

I didn't notice a higher number of oz purchased by my stacking friends in Scotland and nobody i know is selling.

The changes in Scotland will take years to be choosen and implemented. I wouldn't have thought that the number of stackers in Scotland is big enough to effect price in any way up or down.

Archived