• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

22k vs 24k

Kman

Do you guys think 22k vs 24k will may any difference in the future when it comes down to perhaps selling gold at high spot value? 

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on my next oz, but I'm torn between the RM Lunar horse or 2008 Britannia as I quite like the design, but I would like it better if was 24k. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

It's a good question - my personal preference is for 22k (sovereigns, AGE and krugerrand) they are all world famous and highly liquid. I can't foresee anybody in the UK not wanting any of them because they are not 24k. I prefer them as they are low maintenance and I can just throw them in a bag - not in capsules etc

However, I know that much of the world - specifically the Far East, Indian subcontinent and Middle East have a strong preference for 24k. All those places are up-and-coming economically and may influence buyers here in the future.

Basically I think you'll be ok either way

Thanks dr.dime, think I'm heavily leaning towards the 2008 Britannia 

Think lunar horse will go up because it's the first in series with low mintage but the 08 Brit is my favourite not proof Brit design.
I'd sit on the fence and buy a panda!!!!

You know I was thinking maybe I would get the horse, and then buy the rest of the RM lunar coins as they come out (future price depending) 

But I saw the new goat and I assume same design will be for gold? that has put me right off  :(

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Founder & Administrator

I'm not a fan of 22ct gold. I like the purity of 24ct.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

My last gold purchase was a mixed years Britannia from Atkinsons on special, I got a year 2000. It doesn't bother me if 22k or 24k my stack is mixed although mostly krugerrands and maples just because they are normally cheapest.

Golds a bit pricey today. I'd waited till back in the $1200s or brought silver which is lagging golds current rise and is always a bearish sign for gold.

I've made a lot of easy money lately so I didn't mind swapping it for a nice oz of gold even if it is a bit high atm compared to previous couple of months.  

Archived