• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Gold Sovereigns spot plus 2.5% (potentially less)

oliversw5

Hello, 

I was going simply buy sovs from my supplier and sell for spot plus 3% plus post but I think I have a better solution for all involved. For those of you who don't know me, I am a fledgling dealer who predominantly sells on facebook, I have done the last 4 QB orders of which I ordered a monster box+ for 3 of them so I do have some clout. Whilst I am pretty much full time I do not have the financial firepower to run both a silver book and a gold book which is where I want to innovate. I have a fantastic book of contacts and I can also get sovs super cheap. I had a chat with one of my suppliers yesterday and I want to start a monthly pre-order for sovereigns. 

Heres what I propose: 

I need to order 50 sovs per order to pass on the price of spot plus 2.5% plus post of your choice, my guy needs to source them but there is pretty much no limit to what he can find. He is adamant that he could find 500 sovs in a week at the price I have pre-agreed. I want to do a trial run to see if this works and will cap the amount of sovs at 50 for the first run (if its achieved). He is out of office until the start of the month and has asked to see if the want for this is there.

I plan on running a count down towards the end of the month and then calling spot plus 2.5% on the time I put forward. I would need funds on that cut off day so I could pay for the stock, usually stock from him arrives within a day or 2 of paying and then I like to put out within 24 hours of receiving coins. He uses a service that is fully tracked and is covered up to 30000 euros.

The next point I will address, all sovereigns will be mixed, their will be no preferences it will be for weight. Saying that I have bought 2 big tranches off him and the quality is mixed, Ive had some really nice coins off him but it will be a case of numbering the buyers and first coin that comes from the pile goes to the buyer i.e. potluck. It can be any head, including a young vic (I think I got 3 from my last tranche). 

If this interests anyone, could you tell on the thread how many potentially you will be interested in, if there is enough interest I will talk to my source and implement a timeframe for everyone. I would like to add that I will be posting this on the facebook group I use also and it will be capped at 50 for the first run. 

All the best 

Shaun Oliver

I don’t think I have bought anything off Shaun before. Having said that i can vouch for his openness and transparency. As a relative newcomer to PM’s he has gone to great lengths to explain things to me and how his business operates etc

I know this is nothing to do with whether a commercial licence should be obtained but I wanted to provide my own personal opinion of my dealings with Shaun so that this may assist other parties who may be considering doing business with him.

Cheers all

Archived