• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What's your favourite queen,s beast

Goldmick

On 21/03/2018 at 23:43, *tada* said:

Does anyone know why the proof series skipped griffin?

No idea, it seemed like the proof and bullion weren't particularly linked in the beginning and they might just released differently but they seem to have matched up since  

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

My take on them so far:

• Liked the Lion but not quite enough to buy it at the time. Lived to regret that now...
  • Griffin - truly a thing of beauty. An intricate heraldic design that looks great in gold or silver.
  • Dragon - also gorgeous, especially in silver.
  • Unicorn - similar in style to the Lion. A nice coin but not my favourite.
  • Bull - a stuck-up cow. It's not a disaster like the Lunar Mutt but it's definitely my least-favourite. I'd rather buy another Griffin, Dragon, or even Unicorn given the funds.

If I'm honest, I have to say part of the reason why I love the Griffin and Dragon coins in particular is that they look like treasure. I mean if you're going to have gold and silver coins, having them look like treasure is no bad thing. :)

Still a beautiful series so far and I'm hoping for some more great designs to come.

Looking ahead at the planning as I've seen it and taking a glance at the statues the series is based on:

6. Falcon of Plantagenets (Sep 2018) - I'm hoping this will be one of the coolest looking ones.
7. Yale of Beaufort (Mar 2019) - very strange looking. Will be difficult to make this look non-daft.
8. White Lion of Mortimer (Sep 2019) - should be interesting to see a different take on the lion. Likely to be good.
9. White Horse of Hanover (Mar 2020) - simples. Should be okay.
10. White Greyhound of Richmond (Sep 2020) - hmmm. Could end up looking like a dog begging for treats?

1 hour ago, FoolzGold said:

Looking ahead at the planning as I've seen it and taking a glance at the statues the series is based on:

6. Falcon of Plantagenets (Sep 2018) - I'm hoping this will be one of the coolest looking ones.
7. Yale of Beaufort (Mar 2019) - very strange looking. Will be difficult to make this look non-daft.
8. White Lion of Mortimer (Sep 2019) - should be interesting to see a different take on the lion. Likely to be good.
9. White Horse of Hanover (Mar 2020) - simples. Should be okay.
10. White Greyhound of Richmond (Sep 2020) - hmmm. Could end up looking like a dog begging for treats?

:lol: very possible! I'm sure J.C. will try his best not to. Though, he may end up doing more than a few re-drafts, certainly.

Happy, goofy big fella, isn't he? (Edit: the dog i mean, not J.C.)

5abbfb24b1d02_Screenshot-2018-3-28Heraldicbeasts.png.dde63691114f2fc85a6df0675cbdce70.png    5abbfdf860c73_Screenshot-2018-3-28FileTheQueensBeasts-TheWhiteGreyhoundofRichmondjpg-WikimediaCommons.png.e42e4a072b24deefd035307f13bf6114.png

Archived