• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best collections?

Silviam

Anything you'd really like, so long as you're not overpaying or getting scammed. Here in the US two popular sets are Morgan dollars (very expensive numismatic set 1878-1904) and American Silver eagles (1986-present). Since you're in the UK I can't really relate much as I dont know what is available, Ive seen a couple people collect Crowns though, Brittanias are also the equivalent to the US's silver eagles, though they do tend to milk spot quite alot.

Perth Mint are universally popular and do quite a few nice mini series. Britannia date runs can get expensive to collect but always resaleable. 

I do crowns and half crowns, 1/10 gold krugs as series.

QBs are definitely good though the lion may set you back a bit now. 

I also like the marvel series, only three out and still reasonable, Thor Spidey and Black Panther 

Other than that pretty much bits of everything that I find interesting to be honest

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2018 at 16:07, Silviam said:

Cheers guys, I think I might settle with the QBs. Does anyone find old Canadian coins interesting? Like the 1950's Goose that is only 80% silver? 

I collect the proof QB's now myself. I have been on a Britannia kick for a while, my collection is a bit uninspired by the past few years, but I've stuck to it this long....

Canadian coins are nice, lots of varieties. If the "goose" you are referring to is the Canadian Silver Dollar then yes those are beautiful coins. I don't see many different dates and varieties up for sale often on eBay. My guess is they might be harder to collect and find unless in the US or Canada.

• 1 month later...

19 minutes ago, Agpanda said:

I would say that it is down to your budget

QB serie is only 10 coins

Pandas will soon dry you out as there is so many to collect

Yes, be careful as there are so many well established series of coins out there which have been running for years.  Collecting even bullion coins can get very, very expensive and a little bit obsessive.  

I like Britannias, Elephants, Libertads, Queen's Beasts, Landmarks, Provident Egyptian Series.......oh dear, oh dear I need to be much more careful!

Yeah I decided to start on Pandas, got a 2013 one and 2018... Quite anxious about the decision, hopefully it will be a decent investment, since the prices tend to rise over the years

Glad to see an new pandacollector

It is the pre 2011 you want

2011 they started with huge mintage

Just get one of each for the newer, it will be enough to have the serie going

I would recommend, as others might, any bullion priced coins that change over the years. A good example is the QB, which arent much over spot when they are released. A smaller collection I fancy is the canadian predators. I have 5 of the couagr and lynx each, and am about to go for 5 of the wolf. There are only 4 in the set, and once I pick up 5 of the last one, Ill have stacked 20 oz of marginally over spot bullion that are attractive and complementary. Kooks arent a bad wya to go either. Basically, as long as you get in early (with all three of these sets mentioned) you can get them cheap.

Archived