• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sunday Night Metal Chat

dixiesilvergirl

Happy Sunday!

The weeks seem to go by faster as the years go by. Today I was thinking about long term metal plans and what our real goal is. Short version, our goal is to stack as much as we can for as long as we can, but then what and why? Well, for us it started as a way to gain added financial security in case SHTF and ideally that our retirement will be a little more comfortable.  That turns out is also part of the short version. We are about to enter a new stage of our lives, and things like that make you think.

Our first Grandchild will be here in June and after seeing a few posts recently on various sites, I think the real reason is a  goal  to educate our kids, and grandkids and someday leave them a legacy and be the topic of an epic post by them saying “here is  what Mamo and Papa left us when they passed”

We both come from hard working middle class families and the thought of being able to leave something valuable and tangible for our kids and grandkids for their futures or as a family heirloom that many generations will be able to hear the story seems like a real win! Every day we do many things for our kids but stacking and money education is one of the best things I can think of.

What are (or will or did) you teaching your kids? What is your real stacking plan? Are you aware you could be creating a legacy to be passed down to future generations? Life is like the books we had in the 70’s, where you could choose your own story as it unfolds, What will your story be?

Thanks for reading and Happy Stacking!

DSG

i gave my kids some silver for Christmas. They have no appreciation of the value. They are not interested. Looks like it will be going to the dogs' home.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I have been stacking a quarter ounce of gold a year for each of my kids but they are too young to understand other than the basic concepts that gold is rare and valuable (I tell them this) and they can see that it is very shiny and has either a nice panda or an animal stamped onto it. 

I will educate them as they grow up and can understand as I had no such education and learned about investing and money when I was 25, so a bit late, where as they will hopefully see the benefits of investing early. I figure by doing it this way, they will be directly involved in the process because they choose the coin they want (They always choose pandas and or lunar animals funny old thing). I buy a half ounce every two years for them, alternating years, so I can afford to do so, and this way they effectively each get a quarter ounce per year. The reason for this is because the half ounce coins are more impressive, I tried quarters but they just don't have the presence or impact which is what I am going for. I also think every two years will keep it from becoming routine, adding perceptive value perhaps.

I stack stocks for them too, its about 50/50, but I don't tell them this as they won't understand that at all yet. That is for later and will demonstrate how it works for them, again being invested should make it engaging. We will see which is the better investment when they turn 18.

My personal stack is a means of saving and a conservative form of speculation. If I am honest it is a hobby too, mostly a hobby in fact as I enjoy it. At the end of the process when I have stacked until I can stack no more, the end result is either for retirement, paying off the mortgage, moving back home (property is expensive there - for now), or for passing on to my kids - it all depends on what happens to the price between now and then, and when that happens. If gold goes to $100 an ounce, then the kids will be getting a few ounces of worthless metal when I shuffle off :D.

I am not all in on PM's, I have stocks, I have a SIPP, I have a good work based pension, I pay national insurance, all of these are intended in the long term for retirement, diversification if you like, but who knows if any of them will be worth a dam when I do retire. At least I will have something to sell and feed myself if they are not. ;) 

Archived