• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLDSILVER.BE TERRIBLE !

Janeey

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d rather pay more for excellent service. Pays your money, takes your choice! I’ve never had to change from STG as they’ve always been spot on for me. Maybe their selection of silver or price isn’t the best but speed, service and packaging is all 10/10!!! 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Depends. I rather have a pain in the ass customer service if it means getting my silver 20% cheaper. If I could go to a grocery store were they would offend me 3 times before i got out but I would get my grocery's 20% cheaper I would easily do that, I don't care. This depends on how you are as a person. If you value customer service a lot you will pay for that. I do get others won't stand for this and won't buy there anymore, that's your good right. If they change the price after you payed (due to conversion rates), this is an issue I would have a problem with. 

Yeah, I just meant that if both companies save you 20% on the silver VAT that’s decent. 

Some will want a bigger saving. This is where the service comes in.

Buying from these GoldSeilver.be  guys with all the issues I’ve seen makes me think you shouldn’t complain if they give you abuse. Expect it. 

They underpaid. What's the issue?

Not really GSBE's fault. If the customer paid correctly in the first place this message would have not been sent.

However, do have to say, they didn't need to say the 'if all customers....'

17 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Another gold.be horror story just popped up on facebook highlighting the below par customer service:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1645686675695164/permalink/1976441385953023/?comment_id=1976444235952738&reply_comment_id=1976444369286058&notif_id=1524643141190815&notif_t=group_comment&ref=notif

Eva living up to her rep:

ev.PNG

I had a UK guy who was selling me a coin book, I cheekily asked if I could pay £5 less than asking price

He said he will think about it.

He sent me a message later saying he was upset etc. that I asked him for £5 off. He could have so easily just said no, no £5 off and I would be like fair enoiugh. He even said he will not help or contact me again.

It's not just people outside of the UK with shitty attitude.

No he wasn't French or Belgian, he was English.

Well.....I ordered 4 x the same semi-numismatic coin, with box and coa......upon delivery, all coins were there, all boxes ok, BUT NO COA'S. So I asked if they could send me the coa's.....first someone answered that the coins allways come without coa......when I replied with multiple links on ebay where the coins were sold with coa.....the person changed his mind and would ask the distributor.

After a couple days, on my second request, GS answered that the coa's were ordered at the distributor.....And if I would like to get them, I should pay 2 euros for shipping......wtf.....so I replied that it was not my mistake that the coins did not have the coa's....reply from GS....'they had to order the coa's especially for me at their dealer, and I should pay for shipping cost to get them'.....I have ordered more then 100 times with them.....and to get such an answer.....my pants dropped to my knees :rolleyes:

I have refused to pay the shipping fees....did not receive the coa's untill I had my last order (pre sale) shipped....so the coa's came with my last shipment to date.

Now...their fault.....and customer should pay.....sucks !!

5 minutes ago, AlphaBeast said:

They underpaid. What's the issue?

Not really GSBE's fault. If the customer paid correctly in the first place this message would have not been sent.

However, do have to say, they didn't need to say the 'if all customers....'

I agree it was the customers fault but its the way a company deals with issues as they occur.  no matter who was at fault the issue can still be dealt with in a professional, courteous manner.

Making statements like "What a mess! if all customers were like you our business would be hell" is not really excusable.

They have also gone from cancelling his order to marking it as payment outstanding but have removed access to his account.

3 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

I agree it was the customers fault but its the way a company deals with issues as they occur.  no matter who was at fault the issue can still be dealt with in a professional, courteous manner.

Making statements like "What a mess! if all customers were like you our business would be hell" is not really excusable.

They have also gone from cancelling his order to marking it as payment outstanding but have removed access to his account.

Have to agree, they should not have said that.

Can't believe they have removed access to his account!!! Guess it goes to show you need to get your orders & payments spot on with GSBE otherwise, seems there are no scope for rectification! 

I am just surprised as I have ordered from them a few times without issues but I am used to knowing that the continental way of talking with people is more blunt, although think they will or have lost customers because us British are so used to better customer service. i.e. 'customer is always right'

1 hour ago, AlphaBeast said:

I am just surprised as I have ordered from them a few times without issues but I am used to knowing that the continental way of talking with people is more blunt, although think they will or have lost customers because us British are so used to better customer service. i.e. 'customer is always right'

I'm from the Netherlands and I think we can be judged as some of the most blunt people around for something we call "direct" (what we say is what we meant to say, no hidden message). However, this customer support is beyond blunt. It's not like that the customer was being wise-ass about the payment. He made a mistake or something, you can stay professional about that. Stating the facts: difference in payment. Please pay ASAP. Now they start trashing straight away.

P.S. When relevant I also appreciate customer service. At least explain something normally, like for the TS.

1 minute ago, engire said:

I'm from the Netherlands and I think we can be judged as some of the most blunt people around for something we call "direct" (what we say is what we meant to say, no hidden message). However, this customer support is beyond blunt. It's not like that the customer was being wise-ass about the payment. He made a mistake or something, you can stay professional about that. Stating the facts: difference in payment. Please pay ASAP. Now they start trashing straight away.

P.S. When relevant I also appreciate customer service. At least explain something normally, like for the TS.

Yes, I am really surprised. Maybe Eva is the only one working on the desk during the day as I do remember when I messaged in the evenings, there were 1 or 2 chaps (can't remember names).

Maybe she's under pressure or something. I can imagine she gets a lot of messages and maybe even has to deal with the payment side which is probably another headache for her if someone doesn't pay correctly i.e. waste more time 

Even so, I am still shocked at the responses from GSBE, whether it be her or someone else, as surely they know everything can be publicised on the internet. 

To be fair, I had another experience with a German site, enquiring about Silver Swan 2018, and after a few messages, they replied and said 'no more messages please' which probably leads me to think these companies get a lot of emails but surely they would appreciate that especially if a lot of their customers are based outside of their country. I am pretty sure like with most customers we message these companies to make sure everything will be okay i.e. number of items, delivery, customs etc

A bit of a shame for GSBE as their service aside from their 'customer' service has been top-notch especially considering their prices too.

This message was a bit harsh, yes. But even if I can accept the harshness and tone of the dealer, it does bother me more when it comes to trusting my money and the storage option they provide. Erratic emotional behavior makes think that they might not be around for so long and maybe cash out sooner then later.

As someone who has an internet based mail order business myself, I can tell you any time that phone rings or that email arrives you have some kind of 'pain point' you have not been able to address for your customer/buyer. 

Learn to learn from EVERY call & email that comes in

If it is problem to them, it WILL be a problem to others

No phone calls and no email coming in but making sales you are doing something right

No introspection whatsoever from goldsilver.be that they could have done wrong to mean someone would send the wrong amount in, the 1.76 euro shortfall is giving your direct feedback for free of what may cost your business thousands of euros in the long run.

Upset a customer for 1.76 euros and pi$$ them off for life they may lose thousands more when they never return again, but hey you wont have to deal with their emails and phone calls 

Btw, does anyone knows what "partial payment received "means in order history? It says so at one of my orders where I have chosen "start storage". Its not clear if its partial in regard to subsequent orders or if they didn't get the full amount for that particular order.

8 minutes ago, Ritvaser said:

Btw, does anyone knows what "partial payment received "means in order history? It says so at one of my orders where I have chosen "start storage". Its not clear if its partial in regard to subsequent orders or if they didn't get the full amount for that particular order.

I hope you aren’t storing you PMs with these guys? 

7 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I hope you aren’t storing you PMs with these guys? 

Yes I actually am :) Working so far. When I get some more money going in to PM, I will make monthly orders big enough to take the shipment cost. 25€ for every deal on limited proofs etc. is too much right now

25 minutes ago, Ritvaser said:

This message was a bit harsh, yes. But even if I can accept the harshness and tone of the dealer, it does bother me more when it comes to trusting my money and the storage option they provide. Erratic emotional behavior makes think that they might not be around for so long and maybe cash out sooner then later.

To answer my own question, I didn't pay the full amount hence the "partial payment received".

27 minutes ago, Paul said:

No introspection whatsoever from goldsilver.be that they could have done wrong to mean someone would send the wrong amount in, the 1.76 euro shortfall is giving your direct feedback for free of what may cost your business thousands of euros in the long run.

Upset a customer for 1.76 euros and pi$$ them off for life they may lose thousands more when they never return again, but hey you wont have to deal with their emails and phone calls 

Like you describe your own business is something I would expect from any company. It's just that like this you have to factor in the bad customer service against the lower prices. And sure you'll always have customers that make mistakes, that's part of doing business...

What the worst addition of GS is: They apparently blocked the guy out of his account? For 1.76?? From the conversations quoted here I get that this is what they want: no repeat buys from the customer, but like AlphaBeast said: they must know it's put on the internet right?

3 hours ago, AlphaBeast said:

I had a UK guy who was selling me a coin book, I cheekily asked if I could pay £5 less than asking price

He said he will think about it.

He sent me a message later saying he was upset etc. that I asked him for £5 off. He could have so easily just said no, no £5 off and I would be like fair enoiugh. He even said he will not help or contact me again.

It's not just people outside of the UK with shitty attitude.

No he wasn't French or Belgian, he was English.

mmmmmm...

Maybe if that English guy had spent as much time as he did on his phone trying to initially help you with your collection, which you maybe subsequently ignored, then if he then tried to advise you on why a coin that you had purchased from ebay was a fake, giving you multiple reasons and explanations on the phone to help with your claim of why said coin was fake, which was based on extensive experience (which you would not of purchased if you had listened in the first place)

Then maybe if he offered you a Panda guide at way less than market price, say for instance £10 INCLUDING as explained to you, about £8 postage for the heavy book, that it would cost this kind person, to try and negate any future expensive mistakes you could make.

Then you repaid this time, effort, knowledge and generous attitude with can I have £5 off, so basically he would give you the book and lose £2 in the process, maybe this English person would feel aggrieved and feel he was wasting his time trying to help.

Maybe just maybe he said that he would "think" about it, as utter sarcasm due to the way he felt he had been treated.

Ever heard the expression "dont bite the hand that feeds you"?

Be interesting to read any peoples view points against this person with a "shitty" attitude

Kind regards

Dave

1 minute ago, DavePanda said:

mmmmmm...

Maybe if that English guy had spent as much time as he did on his phone trying to initially help you with your collection, which you maybe subsequently ignored, then if he then tried to advise you on why a coin that you had purchased from ebay was a fake, giving you multiple reasons and explanations on the phone to help with your claim of why said coin was fake, which was based on extensive experience (which you would not of purchased if you had listened in the first place)

Then maybe if he offered you a Panda guide at way less than market price, say for instance £10 INCLUDING as explained to you, about £8 postage for the heavy book, that it would cost this kind person, to try and negate any future expensive mistakes you could make.

Then you repaid this time, effort, knowledge and generous attitude with can I have £5 off, so basically he would give you the book and lose £2 in the process, maybe this English person would feel aggrieved and feel he was wasting his time trying to help.

Maybe just maybe he said that he would "think" about it, as utter sarcasm due to the way he felt he had been treated.

Ever heard the expression "dont bite the hand that feeds you"?

Be interesting to read any peoples view points against this person with a "shitty" attitude

Kind regards

Dave

I'd expect him to say no, I cannot give you £5 off - not message me later and literally 'have a go'.

That's it, not make a mountain out of a molehill considering it was a 'cheeky' question. Also, I am sure people on here will always find ways to save money hence why GSBE are the company in question - poor customer service but cheap prices.

Horses for courses.

‘I had a UK guy who was selling me a coin book, I cheekily asked if I could pay £5 less than asking price’

In my view, if you know the question your asking is cheeky, you should be prepared for any response,

Archived