• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What would you buy for £800

Goldmick

Probably try and get close to spot British pre 1947 and 1920 in bulk. I like stockpiling them and lately been too geared towards seminumis  and have been ignoring close to spot buys, time to go back in that direction for a little while. If I don’t get them, lowest possible premium sovs and half sovs

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Ooh there is lots of silver (too much!) on my watch list, but i'd prob go for:

Edward VII sydney bullion sov

Tower Bridges

Oriental Britannia

Few ASE's

maybe my first queens beast

a BYB bar

some more cook islands 1oz

it will be a long time til i can have all of those :) i prob have the biggest wish list since i started collecting at the moment! :unsure:

Nice picks chaps plenty of variety keeps it interesting. I would look for a couple of bullion sovs, maybe an Edward VII and a Lizzy predecimal if the choice is there. I would also get a tube of 1 oz silver coin, cheapest possible and join BYB's group order to cut down on postage :D 

Gold:

I would buy one of each of the BU 2002, 2005 and 2012 Sovereigns and watch the premium paid grow over time.  

Better still, save up a little bit more and buy a 1oz Gold BU Britannia with Oriental Design. What a coin this is. 

Silver:

Buy the released 10oz Queen's Beasts one of each; a Proof Netherlands Lion and the remainder of the cash and given the apparent pent up demand, buy as many Perth Mint Emu's as you can, flip them and then put the cash into buying the 1oz Gold Britannia with Oriental Border.

Now back to work for me....Roll on 10pm

17 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Gold:

I would buy one of each of the BU 2002, 2005 and 2012 Sovereigns and watch the premium paid grow over time.  

Better still, save up a little bit more and buy a 1oz Gold BU Britannia with Oriental Design. What a coin this is. 

Silver:

Buy the released 10oz Queen's Beasts one of each; a Proof Netherlands Lion and the remainder of the cash and given the apparent pent up demand, buy as many Perth Mint Emu's as you can, flip them and then put the cash into buying the 1oz Gold Britannia with Oriental Border.

Now back to work for me....Roll on 10pm

Lol that's the one so far m8 love it :D

Time to stack, bullion sovs at the lowest premium possible. I have treated myself to a couple of Shields recently and I have a nice Polish 1/10 on it's way to me whilst in Poland next week. 

I have a sovereign tube to fill and it only has four coins at present. The problem with the tube is I keep getting sovs that seem too nice or a year I don't have and put them in air-tites instead. I guess it matters not really, as long as they are low premium. It would be really nice to fill that tube though and then in turn use that towards paying off the mortgage in a few years. 

My mind keeps flipping between generic silver rounds, boring but the thinking is that I should take advantage now of the gold:silver ratio, VAT advantage while it lasts and the quite low silver price. On the flip side is low premium gold because who knows what will happen to the £ after brexit, a bit of diversification is good. Then like a lot of us who start on low premium gold, that leads to the dark side where there’s the higher premium more exciting collector stuff.

summary: £800 isn’t enough!

12 minutes ago, Elements said:

My mind keeps flipping between generic silver rounds, boring but the thinking is that I should take advantage now of the gold:silver ratio, VAT advantage while it lasts and the quite low silver price. On the flip side is low premium gold because who knows what will happen to the £ after brexit, a bit of diversification is good. Then like a lot of us who start on low premium gold, that leads to the dark side where there’s the higher premium more exciting collector stuff.

summary: £800 isn’t enough!

Lol know what you mean think half gold half silver would be wise 

It would depend if i wanted the metal in a liquid form or a longer term investment. i would buy silver for the longer term. It isn't that good for quick sales but in the longer term it will do better.

If i might need the cash more quickly i would buy sovereigns and halves close to spot. i could always sell them here - "sovereigns for sale - spot plus postage." They would sell easily enough and i have the cash back.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I’m glad you posted this thread as I’ve got £600 quid to blow and I’m not sure what I want.  I’m torn between 20 finish markka and another generic 20 franc or an Indian head $10.  What would you buy? 

5 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

I’m glad you posted this thread as I’ve got £600 quid to blow and I’m not sure what I want.  I’m torn between 20 finish markka and another generic 20 franc or an Indian head $10.  What would you buy? 

U know what I am going to say don’t u :D

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived