• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

European Tour so Far

Shamatti

Hi!

Hello all the newbies since my last visit.

As some know I am currently bimbling about on the continent in an old motorhome. We made it through France via the most circuitous route, visiting many great places. We spent the last couple of weeks in the Spanish mountains North of Leon, and we have just come down to Leon for a set of new tyres before heading to Portugal next week.

Any way - so I have been searching for coin shops and pawn brokers at every stop, but you know what? Nothing!!!! Been to a couple of markets but they had nothing of interest. A few nice second hand/junk shops but nothing interesting enough to buy. Fate being what it is I did find a fab looking pawn brokers in the middle of Leon this morning but we were on a mission to get to a resturant, and them there was yet another Gothic cathedral which needed to be visited!! (Actually, we have seen half a dozen over the weeks, and this one has to have the best stained glass windows I have ever seen anywhere!!! Amazing!) This being Spain of course by the time we got back to the shop it was closed for siesta! :angry: Might get a chance to go back tomorrow!

So with customary slowness, as befits my slow motion perambulation of Europe, I finally reach my point! Does anyone know any good coin shops in Spain or Portugal? I tried Googleing it but really not having any luck. Just thought I would ask!

Hi!

Hello all the newbies since my last visit.

As some know I am currently bimbling about on the continent in an old motorhome. We made it through France via the most circuitous route, visiting many great places. We spent the last couple of weeks in the Spanish mountains North of Leon, and we have just come down to Leon for a set of new tyres before heading to Portugal next week.

Any way - so I have been searching for coin shops and pawn brokers at every stop, but you know what? Nothing!!!! Been to a couple of markets but they had nothing of interest. A few nice second hand/junk shops but nothing interesting enough to buy. Fate being what it is I did find a fab looking pawn brokers in the middle of Leon this morning but we were on a mission to get to a resturant, and them there was yet another Gothic cathedral which needed to be visited!! (Actually, we have seen half a dozen over the weeks, and this one has to have the best stained glass windows I have ever seen anywhere!!! Amazing!) This being Spain of course by the time we got back to the shop it was closed for siesta! :angry: Might get a chance to go back tomorrow!

So with customary slowness, as befits my slow motion perambulation of Europe, I finally reach my point! Does anyone know any good coin shops in Spain or Portugal? I tried Googleing it but really not having any luck. Just thought I would ask!

Hello there Shamatti. We have a Spanish member now, realbluegold, maybe he might give you an answer.

Archived