• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sunday Night Metal Chat

dixiesilvergirl

I started my Sunday night metals chat on Reddit a few months ago, after seeing a lot of stackers stating that no one in their real life (in many cases including their significant other) knew about their stacking. I totally understand the reasons and also have very few people that know we stack. I do have my husband, we are in this 100% together, the same as everything else for the last 28 years. We spend lots of time discussing what we have, where we want to be and how to get there, it is great to have someone to talk your metal plans over with. Since the majority of the group is men, I figured I would do what women always do and ask you to talk about your feelings, lol.  I love seeing the interaction and different plans that happen on the post. I recently started sharing the metal chat on several other forums and the response has been so much fun!

The stacking Community is a great bunch of people that for many different reasons all agree that precious metals are an important part of their financial plans. There are as many ways to stack as there are people, some go for weight, hand poured, numismatic or constitutional but we all agree that silver at spot is the best!

I have seen many transactions posted, if someone in the community puts some items up for sale to pay some unexpected bills like medical or car repairs or if they need the cash for a major purchase such as a car,house or new baby the community seems to pull together and help each other out. We have only bought from within the community for months now,  itI look at like keeping it in the family.

Through the wonders of technology, we can all get to share our stack wins, losses and sometimes our personal journeys also. We get to know each other at least a little and it seems that this community is filled with lots of hard working, fair mined and good humoured people. The Silver Community is a great group that we are happy to have found, We have found our people!

We have been staying steady on adding gold and platinum to our stack and silver as we see something we really want(We will have mail call post later this week)

What are your plans for the week? Is your stack growing as you would like or is it time to take a look again? .Also please share your stories about the silver community, how have they become part of your life!!

Thanks for reading and Happy stacking!

i-dont-always-buy-tons-of-silver-but-when-the-price-is-low-i-do-keep-stacking-my-friends.jpg

Just wondering what makes anyone choose Platinum over Gold ?
Platinum used to be more expensive than Gold but with its buy / sell margins so much higher than Gold, why would anyone wish to "invest" in Platinum unless people believe it has long term more upside potential.

Are you in the USA  - sounds like it from your mention of paying medical bills ?

We here in the UK have tax of 20% on Platinum and Silver but not Gold.
Currently we can source silver without VAT ( or very low VAT ) from some of our EU cousins - not much longer though as we exit the EU.

21 minutes ago, dixiesilvergirl said:

Yes I am in the US and with the industrial up swing in platinum that is why we are choosing to stack some. that  20% tax is crazy!

We don't have the right to bear arms, so our politicians are less afraid of shafting us.

19 hours ago, dixiesilvergirl said:

The stacking Community is a great bunch of people that for many different reasons all agree that precious metals are an important part of their financial plans. There are as many ways to stack as there are people, some go for weight, hand poured, numismatic or constitutional but we all agree that silver at spot is the best!

Free silver is better :)

I got into PM's when gold was £36 a gram! I remember sitting at my pals house having a convo about how I can get gold cheaper than that. Some googling later I happened across a couple of genuine sites for refining pm's, this lead to learning about pm use in industry and how one can get his hands on said pm's cheaper than spot. After some piss taking from friends and me on a mission like some 17th century alchemist to prove this could be done with buckets in a back garden I learned, sourced, recovered, refined, melted and then sold a tiny 1.4g of what was confirmed as 999 gold. Since then I have turned around a fair few KG's of gold, learned some more and realized in the gold industry you rarely pay for silver. Pretty much all karat gold is alloyed with silver, palladium, copper, other metals too but you only ever pay for the gold the silver and any pgm's is always a free bonus. Since those early days I think about metals every day! I only wish I could have afforded to keep all the gold and silver that's gone through my buckets.

On 2/26/2018 at 14:38, supersealed said:

Free silver is better :)

I got into PM's when gold was £36 a gram! I remember sitting at my pals house having a convo about how I can get gold cheaper than that. Some googling later I happened across a couple of genuine sites for refining pm's, this lead to learning about pm use in industry and how one can get his hands on said pm's cheaper than spot. After some piss taking from friends and me on a mission like some 17th century alchemist to prove this could be done with buckets in a back garden I learned, sourced, recovered, refined, melted and then sold a tiny 1.4g of what was confirmed as 999 gold. Since then I have turned around a fair few KG's of gold, learned some more and realized in the gold industry you rarely pay for silver. Pretty much all karat gold is alloyed with silver, palladium, copper, other metals too but you only ever pay for the gold the silver and any pgm's is always a free bonus. Since those early days I think about metals every day! I only wish I could have afforded to keep all the gold and silver that's gone through my buckets.

reclaiming is a lot of wrok we did that over the summer and ended up with 2 kilos of silver! so yes Free Silver is the best LOL

Archived