• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

HGM pricing mistake

Cornishfarmer

HGM what to do?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. HGM wrong price morals?

• NOT BUY, odvious mistake
    • BUY, they make enough any way
    • Say wouldn’t buy, but buy
    • Missed out and annoyed

5 minutes ago, Chugnstack said:

I bought being a bit cheeky and expecting a polite email explaining the mistake and issuing a refund but they decided to fulfill the order so I don't have much in the way of moral qualms  

Out of curiosity, what was it? 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Buy them, if I had the money to spend I would of, if they wanted to refund me then I would not argue either.

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

i have mis-priced  buy it now items on ebay before and had auctions that didnt make what i thought they would

I honoured the sale although it was at a loss myself.  The price you see is the price you pay.

If the fault is your own take it on the chin

Your bottom line always what you look at, you can sheer a sheep many times but you can only fleece him once

The advertised price on the shop shelf, window or website is 'an invitation to treat' under contract law. They are not offering goods at this price they are inviting you to make offers at that price.

When you submit your order you are making them an offer - if they accept this whatever the price, there is a contract.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Some of you might remember that @ChardLizzie provided a link to discounted coins on the Chard website, when I accessed that link those coins were listed at £1.64 each! You could put as many in your basket as you like....I let them know by web chat.

These were the coins: https://www.chards.co.uk/1oz-silver-coin/one-ounce-silver-coin-bullion-cgt-exempt/4036

To be honest though, I would have been hard pressed to buy them even at that price, except to have them delivered straight to @BackyardBullion for melting.  They aren't pretty coins. 

12 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Some of you might remember that @ChardLizzie provided a link to discounted coins on the Chard website, when I accessed that link those coins were listed at £1.64 each! You could put as many in your basket as you like....I let them know by web chat.

These were the coins: https://www.chards.co.uk/1oz-silver-coin/one-ounce-silver-coin-bullion-cgt-exempt/4036

To be honest though, I would have been hard pressed to buy them even at that price, except to have them delivered straight to @BackyardBullion for melting.  They aren't pretty coins. 

they are the ugliest coins I have seen of late. Their "dog"  was effin terrible. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

I put a couple of the sovs in my basket but didn't finalise the purchase because they kept popping in and out of stock and the whole pay by card instead of their usual bank transfer just made me think it was a mistake and would be picked up before dispatch.

27 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

Oops, the internet is a fantastic tool when it works, however, when a hiccup occurs such as the live metal feed goes down it can cause mayhem. It is in our Ts & Cs that if this happens and you have paid, you will be refunded in full but it can cause disappointment, especially if you have ordered one ounce Krugerrands at £10 each.... ;)

• 1 year later...

I see HGM have upped the premium on the st graudens from 3% to nearly 10%.     Another nail in their coffin as far as I’m concerned.     Goes to show when companies offer something good stock up because they have gone from top of the list to nearly bottom

Archived