• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 silver Emu coin from Perth at LPM with only 30,000 mintage

orion

On 2/26/2018 at 00:53, Pipers said:

I did not buy the swans either, it's still very early days yet.  I have time on my hands i did not pay over the odds for bullion.  I have been buying coins ok gold for a very long time I have seen this lots of times, create a market then profit as the buyers compete with each other when in reality they have been hoodwinked into buying the items in the first place at the heightened price!

Good for you if you have profited but do not try to fool me please.  I am in it for the long run and have a tried and tested buying strategy.

I am not angry with anyone but do not want anyone to get carried away or burnt financially as they are the last in the chain before the price falls. 

Please do not treat me like a fool.  I was trying to put some level headed thinking on the emu coin buying frenzy.  I have no doubt it is a quality coin I was making a point about value and time which in my view is very valid especially for some who are newer to coin stacking collecting.  there is nothing wrong in letting a series go esp if one thinks it's over priced or if you miss the value price.

You are treated according to how you behave! 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/1/2018 at 16:58, Pipers said:

Not when there is a vested interest.   

The vested interest is to make profit from investing in silver. Not sure what your problem is but I’m making profit and you seem to be pissed by it. 

No problem with making a profit at all, indeed i like the fact people make money.

The problem i have is this, It goes on the line of :-  Wow its a must have coin, you just got to have it, if you don't have it you are a fool, anyone who does not buy this coin is ONLY a lowly stacker and has not got the intelligence to know what he/she is missing, get on board now there is lots of potential on this coin i can see it making a good profit, this coin has a very low mintage i have secured 100 i can let you have some at a favorable rate so you can get in on the act etc etc.  I could go on and on. 

This is a forum community not a pumping station  ,  where users are supposed help each other out not pump there own products .  There are some who go out of their way to miss lead and profit from other forum users naivety, rather than help them.  The consequence being the member leaves when he/she realizes they have been duped.   

I do not know for a fact though i would have a guess about 5-10 premium members of this forum are small dealers who do not declare the fact they are.  I have no problem with users being dealers and being on the site in fact i think it is a good thing; though they should declare an interest. 

My behavior has been correct and proper,  all i did was point something out and some users did not like it.   

Ah yes the good old hype and gouge. Buy a load, pump em on the forum and then sell them a few weeks later at twice the price (after they have sold out elsewhere of course!). I thought people had worked that one our last year. 

https://www.gold-preisvergleich.com/silber/silbermuenzen/australian-emu/

These coins are being offered at inflated prices - i think sitting back at bit if you have not got some already.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

7 hours ago, Pipers said:

The problem i have is this, It goes on the line of :-  Wow its a must have coin, you just got to have it, if you don't have it you are a fool, anyone who does not buy this coin is ONLY a lowly stacker and has not got the intelligence to know what he/she is missing,

Grossly unfair and false. That was never the message put across by those of us who are enthusiastic about the emu. As a collector who loves these type of premium bullion coins, i might sometimes get drawn into saying why, based on collecting knowledge of premium-bullion, which might be of interest to new collectors looking at collecting premium bullion. That does not mean I’m pumping “my product” (MY product?!). I have no intentions of selling this or anything to forum members. I will especially use that experience to defend a premium bullion coin when someone says it's no better than generic bullion, as you did, or that we were the fools for buying at any kind of premium.

8 hours ago, Pipers said:

My behavior has been correct and proper,  all i did was point something out and some users did not like it.  

Not so. Apart from yours, plenty of other negative and cautious views in this thread and none were challenged. No need to. They have a valid opinion, either disliking the coin or disliking the price. Happens in every thread and it’s all good. Yours however, had contempt for us “greedy” people who bought more than a single coin on the first day of release, and you hope for the day when it is worth no more than basic bullion. That goes further than expressing an opinion about a coin, you’re directing an opinion about other forum members who have bought it. This is why users singled out your posts. And it isn't breaking news that most of us buy more than one of a coin. Just that it seems to have ticked you off especially with this one.

Since then, you’re claiming you only want to protect wide-eyed-innocents from the evil emu premium. First of all, give them a bit more credit. And second, did you do that for the first swan? Will you do that for the next swan? Did you do that for the first Chiwoo? Or the second? Will you do that for any future thread that revolves around a premium priced coin which is experiencing a frenzy among collectors? Whether proof or bullion. Of which there have been plenty in the past on this forum. But none which have obviously irked you as much as this coin has.

And please, don't make out that anyone on this forum genuinely happy and enthusiastic about any coin has less than honourable motives or is an undercover dealer.

Its a bit naive though to think people are not buying stacks of coins and then benefiting from the pumping on these threads. I noticed last year threads being started by new members with few posts just to point out that certain dealers had certain coins in stock, but hurry there were not many left and at twice release price they are still a bargain! It happens all the time on here with other products too, crypto pumping by new members for example. Is it not blatantly obvious it happens with coins on a forum full of an audience who like coins? 

It's obvious to me any way. The good old hype and gouge. Works everytime. ;)

I will add that I bought one of these fine coins from ash and my father in law loves it. But it's not going to be the silver equivalent of bitcoin so don't go mad chaps, one is enough if you are really collecting. Otherwise, buying multiple just admit what you are doing, trying to make money, either during the frenzy or are taking a big risk the premium survives long term. And please be honest, the high premium is a risk long term, people more experienced know this. There is nowt wrong with buying to flip, it's fair play as long as everyone is aware of what is potentially going on. 

18 minutes ago, KDave said:

.... one is enough if you are really collecting. Otherwise, buying multiple just admit what you are doing, trying to make money, either during the frenzy or are taking a big risk the premium survives long term. And please be honest, the high premium is a risk long term, people more experienced know this.

Agreed, i said it before;

"The bulk buyers are a mixed bunch. Some certainly are the opportunist flippers, but an awful lot more are stackers who prefer to stack-collect semi-numi bullion rather than same lowest premium bullion. A lot of this type of stacker buy for the very long term. They are the ones who buy one/two/three rolls of lunars, kooks and koalas every year. Lunars and kooks with 300k & 500k have no problem selling out each year. Is it really such a stretch to imagine many of those buyers have also been the reason for taking a sizeable chunk out of the paltry 30k mintage of the emu? 6-10% the mintage of other Perth sell out ranges? Leaving a much reduced number available for circulation that the one coin collector can get hold of. There should be no illusions either that three years or so will see the stackers dump the entire stock back into circulation, that's not what they tend to do. "

there are loads of buyers like me who prefer to stack the premium bullion stuff instead of basic bullion. That's our bag, and we're in it for the long run not the short term. I won't apologise or excuse myself from expressing the virtues of a coin just because it comes at any level of premium, and carries the tag of "bullion" which offends those who stack as close to spot as possible. Or sit back and say nothing while being accused of being greedy and/or a flipper/dealer because of how i choose to invest in silver. And i will still maintain with collector bullion that higher premiums are not that big a risk long term as people might think, and i am being honest. Just my opinion, of course, and i am not inexperienced. The level of premium up to where and when you buy at  for particular coins is very important, and that is where your experience comes in. For instance on the first swan, because the USA market controlled the stock of swans, we in Europe didn't get first bite. At day of launch the US could have it easily at about the €22 mark. The first chance i got here was at about €28+ but i jumped at that, regardless of knowing i was buying at a higher level of premium. Didn't matter because i still liked the potential for the long term. Would i have stacked up at €35, no. Opportunities to have bought the Emu from well under €22 to well under €28 by the end of its first week were plentiful because for a change Europe got first bite. The yanks did not like that at all, and took it out on Apmex. I'll admit i enjoyed that!

2 hours ago, swAgger said:

Grossly unfair and false. That was never the message put across by those of us who are enthusiastic about the emu. As a collector who loves these type of premium bullion coins, i might sometimes get drawn into saying why, based on collecting knowledge of premium-bullion, which might be of interest to new collectors looking at collecting premium bullion. That does not mean I’m pumping “my product” (MY product?!). I have no intentions of selling this or anything to forum members. I will especially use that experience to defend a premium bullion coin when someone says it's no better than generic bullion, as you did, or that we were the fools for buying at any kind of premium.

Not so. Apart from yours, plenty of other negative and cautious views in this thread and none were challenged. No need to. They have a valid opinion, either disliking the coin or disliking the price. Happens in every thread and it’s all good. Yours however, had contempt for us “greedy” people who bought more than a single coin on the first day of release, and you hope for the day when it is worth no more than basic bullion. That goes further than expressing an opinion about a coin, you’re directing an opinion about other forum members who have bought it. This is why users singled out your posts. And it isn't breaking news that most of us buy more than one of a coin. Just that it seems to have ticked you off especially with this one.

Since then, you’re claiming you only want to protect wide-eyed-innocents from the evil emu premium. First of all, give them a bit more credit. And second, did you do that for the first swan? Will you do that for the next swan? Did you do that for the first Chiwoo? Or the second? Will you do that for any future thread that revolves around a premium priced coin which is experiencing a frenzy among collectors? Whether proof or bullion. Of which there have been plenty in the past on this forum. But none which have obviously irked you as much as this coin has.

And please, don't make out that anyone on this forum genuinely happy and enthusiastic about any coin has less than honourable motives or is an undercover dealer.

Disagree, IMO the said members pointed out my first post because it hit home and might of hit sales. It was not ME but You and Others who singled out me because you as a collective wanted to pump a coin and put it into a frenzy, while I have been a part of this forum and indeed have enjoyed the good will of the forum for many years since nearly the start of the forum and i haver NEVER had an attack like this, its nasty sly, where you are taking it in turns to have a little dig and make out its me who is being awkward when in truth it's you. 

Some of you as a collector have bought 100 of the emu coins (not saying you have)and want to keep them then fine but don't strangle the market then state that they are a fantastic coin, all I was stating was if one was to miss the price DO NOT PAY THE HIGHER PRICE !  Wait until the price falls. I would suggest if this strategy was to catch on the said members would be holding a loss! I never said I would wait to buy at scrap or spot though I would not buy at those higher inflated prices!  If you want to sell at those prices then good for you sell them, but does that make you a collector or trader it's fine by me, but do not make out I am the bad guy here.  I am allowed to express an opinion and that's what I did,

I have passed on the last few eg swan etc,

All I have done is given an opinion about when to buy and when to pass on a coin this is also a good statagy just as good as buying loads of coins and flipping. 

Remember my strategy takes little effort so I can work extra hours then invest that money into Gold/silver or vaults or miners at good prices yes I have been around for many years with my method. 

18 minutes ago, Pipers said:

then fine but don't strangle the market then state that they are a fantastic coin,

ok, can you lend some guidance for us?

E.G. Say, a 20 coin purchase. Can i be permitted to say a coin is great if the mintage is over 100k? What if i promise to not buy more than 5, can i do it then for the much lower mintages? Gosh i hope so.

8 hours ago, swAgger said:

ok, can you lend some guidance for us?

E.G. Say, a 20 coin purchase. Can i be permitted to say a coin is great if the mintage is over 100k? What if i promise to not buy more than 5, can i do it then for the much lower mintages? Gosh i hope so.

Well you are having another little dig there.  

You can buy as many as you like!!!!  Its non of my business how many coins you own.

I can advise people NOT TO BUY THEM AT THE HIGHER PRICE. It is my business when a coin is IMO well above its true price,  I can give my opinion to pass on any investment.  I will give an opinion when i like. 

I will not comment again on this thread apart to say

Have you ever read the

Hans  Christian Andersen   -  The Emperor's New Clothes   

You and the others think you are in the know.  I advise you to read the the book.  

On 06/03/2018 at 14:43, 999magnum said:

We're fighting over an ugly flippin' oversized turkey...

Fugly never mind ugly.  The coin is not nice at all, I can understand if you want it because its the first coin but I cant see this coin having legs in the long run unless they start sticking Rod Hulls arm up its arse.  Id buy that one.  

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

but I cant see this coin having legs in the long run

but that's exactly what it does have, and up to 30mph too :P.  I would have gone with "this'll never fly" or "i can't see it taking off".

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

unless they start sticking Rod Hulls arm up its arse.

After decades of living under the tyrannical shadow of Rod Hull ramming his arm up their butts, evolution stepped in and all emu's were born with genetic memory to recognise that look in a man's eye, and run like the wind. "The Rod" (as he was simply known in emu circles) couldn't get near them toward the end of his life. :D

I love these coins- think they are beuts! :D so it prob wont do well at all :lol:

as for rod hulls arm, wont that be a little dusty? also that reminds me, i need to adjust my TV aeriel

Just reading up on poor Rod, he was adjusting the aerial for the 1999 Man Utd Champions League Semi Final when he fell, so he never got to see the final (or the treble) :(

May I suggest that when these are delivered we all pay proper tribute to the great man? :)

17 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Just reading up on poor Rod, he was adjusting the aerial for the 1999 Man Utd Champions League Semi Final when he fell, so he never got to see the final (or the treble) :(

May I suggest that when these are delivered we all pay proper tribute to the great man? :)

:) Indeed. He was a real diamond. I enjoyed a good hour on youtube a couple weeks back watching some clips, including one of his life story. Well worth a look. Lovely family around him too. His son who was living with him in his cottage, still blames himself for not going up on the roof that day. They had been bantering about who would go do it.

Rod wouldn't mind people making jokes about him and emu, he enjoyed doing that himself. That so many still break out in a smile when reminded of them would please him no end.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived