• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

BackyardBullion

5% off at Powercoin - the new Eternal Sculptures coin "Rape or Proserpina"

43 minutes ago, Kman said:

If this is an advert, choosing a coin with "rape" in the title seems a bit umm questionable lol 

This is from Powercoin themselves:

Hi guys, for who is concerned, please note that this name, "Rape of Proserpina", is the official name of a masterpiece sculpture of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, executed between 1621 and 1622. It depicts the Abduction of Proserpina, where Proserpina is seized and taken to the underworld by the god Pluto. These are Mythological figures and this is the title of the sculpture, as it is known worldwide. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_Proserpina We have no other way to call it even if, I agree, it is not the most elegant title in art. Thank you for watching also from Power Coin!

I agree that the title of the coin is off putting to say the least. But, that is what the original masterpiece is called.

6 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Yeah the name isn't great, but the piece is superb ! 

I was going to say a little expensive but after looking again ive changed my mind, its not bad at all for what it is.

People pay far more £/oz for other proof coins from the royal mint!

2 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

This is from Powercoin themselves:

Hi guys, for who is concerned, please note that this name, "Rape of Proserpina", is the official name of a masterpiece sculpture of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, executed between 1621 and 1622. It depicts the Abduction of Proserpina, where Proserpina is seized and taken to the underworld by the god Pluto. These are Mythological figures and this is the title of the sculpture, as it is known worldwide. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rape_of_Proserpina We have no other way to call it even if, I agree, it is not the most elegant title in art. Thank you for watching also from Power Coin!

I agree that the title of the coin is off putting to say the least. But, that is what the original masterpiece is called.

Oh yep yep I assumed that was the name of the original piece of art

It's a really amazingly detailed coin, the depth, very much a little piece of art, really highlights what can be done and how micky mouse a lot of the Pobjoy Mint stuff is 

Edited by Kman