• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Storage for gold stack

Pragmatist

I have a pelican case for carrying silver, its got a strong handle and has foam for added cushioning and to keep things in place so I don't have to worry about cracking airtites, etc.  Unfortunately I don't have that kind of weight in gold to worry about it much :P

Pelican is probably the best known in this space, but I also have a Condition 1 for carrying/storing a telescope and the quality is also excellent.  Got it from Amazon, but its price is only slightly less than a similarly sized Pelican.  Probably other competitors out there as well.

9 hours ago, mr-dead said:

Also have a pelican case, excellent quality but they are not cheap.

Purchased mine from the below link, they were cheaper than ebay sellers:

https://peliproducts.co.uk/

Cool, that’s just the place I bought mine from tonight. Could have got it a tad cheaper in the USA but didn’t want to wait 2 weeks.

6 hours ago, tbone said:

Pelican is probably the best known in this space, but I also have a Condition 1 for carrying/storing a telescope and the quality is also excellent.  Got it from Amazon, but its price is only slightly less than a similarly sized Pelican.  Probably other competitors out there as well.

Astronomy?? My 2nd favourite hobby. Nothing beats a good quality Apo refractor.

I wouldn't bother, gold isn't reactive, and if it is simply purchased for its gold content and has no collectible value then there's no point.  No gold shop is going to pay a premium for a "pretty" gold eagle unless it has some collectible value.  They just don't care.

8 hours ago, Pragmatist said:

Cool, that’s just the place I bought mine from tonight. Could have got it a tad cheaper in the USA but didn’t want to wait 2 weeks.

Astronomy?? My 2nd favourite hobby. Nothing beats a good quality Apo refractor.

Beg to differ, I'm for reflectors all the way, because chromatic aberration is annoying ;)

5 minutes ago, Pragmatist said:

You don’t have chromatic aberration with Apochromatic refractors. ??

Oh, I see, going for fancy lenses are we ;)

In my day it were Newtonian or Cassegrain and that's yer lot. Always used to say cassegrains and reflectors are for folks who want a lying down hobby

5 hours ago, Pragmatist said:

You don’t have chromatic aberration with Apochromatic refractors. ??

We all know we live on a flat earth inside a huge glass dome and that every astronomer is a part of the conspiracy :D

yes that was a joke although its growing trend to believe it lol

5 hours ago, PansPurse said:

Oh, I see, going for fancy lenses are we ;)

In my day it were Newtonian or Cassegrain and that's yer lot. Always used to say cassegrains and reflectors are for folks who want a lying down hobby

Nothing beats a really good 16 Dob 

Archived