• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Visiting Japan

PansPurse

So, I might possibly be visiting Japan later this year and was wondering whether I could/should pick up something shiny.

What Japanese bullion/coins are available? Is there any red tape I'd need to sort out to purchase any? Are there import/export issues with bringing PMs from Japan to the UK? Would anyone like me to pick something up for them if/when I go?

Lived there many years - I wasn't interested in PMs at the time but never saw or heard any mention of PMs, or any for sale (though I probably rarely came into those sorts of places). What were openly treasured (apart from designer handbags and clothes etc) were Japanese works of art and their heritage, along with foreign (e.g. British) antiques.

I wait to be proven wrong/educated, and am very interested in this thread and what comes of it, an interesting topic!

I have seen that there have been a number of special circulation coins (no idea if there are BUNCS) similar to Kew Gardens and the like here.

5 hours ago, kimchi said:

Lived there many years - I wasn't interested in PMs at the time but never saw or heard any mention of PMs, or any for sale (though I probably rarely came into those sorts of places). What were openly treasured (apart from designer handbags and clothes etc) were Japanese works of art and their heritage, along with foreign (e.g. British) antiques.

I wait to be proven wrong/educated, and am very interested in this thread and what comes of it, an interesting topic!

I have seen that there have been a number of special circulation coins (no idea if there are BUNCS) similar to Kew Gardens and the like here.

u were interested in PM at that time 

Private Massage ...........

hqdefault.jpg

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

There is a big jewellers area around Okachimachi station with many shops that also sell bullion and coins but I really wouldnt bother unless you go for an imperial family anniversary gold coin or a japanese lbma bar as everything else you can easily get at home.

Check out worldcoinsjapan in hammamatsu cho...just a quick 5 minute walk from the station. Jnda registered and loads of coins in one place.....

https://www.coins.co.jp/

They will have plenty to look at in one visit and one fella there speaks english.....Thurs-Sat for drop ins. Appointments needed Mon-Wed

and use this for getting around

http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

Archived