• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

US help needed

Agpanda

I bought a couple of Silver Pandas from them about 6 months ago and they weren't using the Global Shipping Program on those. I note they are now.

I asked them about buying outside of GSP but they said they wouldn't.

I have found the same with a number of US Dealers.

What's annoying is trying to buy Gold Sovereigns from the US when they use GSP.

Unlike Silver, Gold Sovereigns are VAT and Customs exempt bringing them back into the UK - having to pay GSP on the basis of not having to pay Customs Tax is - errrr - theft.......

3 hours ago, Agpanda said:

Hi,

I need help from someone that can get coins from libertycoin and dont have to pay the extra 8%

I just hate taxes and doing what I can to avoid them

Thanks

Im in the states, what are you looking to do? There are several Liberty coins in the U.S so post a link to the one you are talking about as well.

I agree, if you think the tax is unfair then work to get the tax laws changed in your country.  Otherwise just pay the tax, it’s not worth breaking the law and destroying your integrity.  With that said I don’t like taxes either and live in a state with very high taxes here in the US.  I complain about them and have talked to my local representatives but I still pay them.

1 hour ago, Ryland said:

I agree, if you think the tax is unfair then work to get the tax laws changed in your country.  Otherwise just pay the tax, it’s not worth breaking the law and destroying your integrity.  With that said I don’t like taxes either and live in a state with very high taxes here in the US.  I complain about them and have talked to my local representatives but I still pay them.

I guess the taxes in question are VAT which is the most unfair cost to people in Europe stacking Silver. In the U.K. We get hit with 20% tax on any Silver so often it’s cheaper to buy even Britannia’s from the US. This is why most UK Stackers try to get their Silver from Europe especially Germany as they pay only 8% on legal tender Silver coins  and we can legally buy and import from Europe currently without having to pay the difference. However if we buy from US then get hit with customs charges and vat so works out even more if we go the “official route”.

Not advocating not paying taxes, just providing some context. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

12 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I guess the taxes in question are VAT which is the most unfair cost to people in Europe stacking Silver. In the U.K. We get hit with 20% tax on any Silver so often it’s cheaper to buy even Britannia’s from the US. This is why most UK Stackers try to get their Silver from Europe especially Germany as they pay only 8% on legal tender Silver coins  and we can legally buy and import from Europe currently without having to pay the difference. However if we buy from US then get hit with customs charges and vat so works out even more if we go the “official route”.

Not advocating not paying taxes, just providing some context. 

I agree , but in your case maybe not 

addon : unless you know a friend who lives near the airport and he travels ;)

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived