• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Have any silver forum members purchased or seen one of these in the Early Release Black Core holders? I have the Unicorn of Scotland and Lion of England in these Early Release holders which I believe are special from Modern Coin Mart, but haven't seen the Red Dragon of Wales available. I'm fearful I may have missed the opportunity! If anyone has one for sale I'm interested!

94471.jpg

94472.jpg

44 minutes ago, NewMSmatist15 said:

Have any silver forum members purchased or seen one of these in the Early Release Black Core holders? I have the Unicorn of Scotland and Lion of England in these Early Release holders which I believe are special from Modern Coin Mart, but haven't seen the Red Dragon of Wales available. I'm fearful I may have missed the opportunity! If anyone has one for sale I'm interested!

94471.jpg

94472.jpg

The black and white holder PF70 dragons were for sale on the MCM website just after the 1st of the year, and quickly sold out.  More of their black holders were on EBay earlier this week, but look to have sold out.  The white PF70 dragons went up on eBay today, and are currently available (link below).  There might be more...I'm not sure but I think your best bet is to monitor EBay, as they seem to periodically sell more through that channel, but I haven't seen more on the MCM site.  Good luck!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-1-oz-Silver-Queens-Beasts-Red-Dragon-2-NGC-PF70-UC-ER-SKU51934/382331911841?hash=item5904c1fea1:g:oXIAAOSwNWxaTnch

Actually these look like they might have sold out already too!  It said 20 available earlier today.  In any case, I would keep watching eBay...not only does MCM sell directly through eBay, you'll likely see more of these black holders for sale from other sellers in time.  Over the past few months many of the black core unicorns have been available, and they have long been sold out at MCM.

9 hours ago, Lr103 said:

The past PF 70 early releases have sold for about $200 to $210 USD. It isn't that much more expensive considering the demand! I appreciate you pointing this listing out to me!

2 hours ago, NewMSmatist15 said:

The past PF 70 early releases have sold for about $200 to $210 USD. It isn't that much more expensive considering the demand! I appreciate you pointing this listing out to me!

You're welcome!  And I would agree, but I do think it's interesting to watch these listings and see where they actually sell.  I would be shocked if there are not more listings in the future at lower prices.  A few of the black core unicorns went for under the original MCM price, but most others were higher.  If you are patient you will probably find a better deal than this.  

There's also the added dynamic of the next QB getting released (already!) at the end of this month.  The NGC Early Releases cut off for the silver 1oz dragons only just passed at January 18th, and we will now see new supply of the next proof hitting the market.  So you could better prices given the higher supply.

(It of course also means that between now and the end of the month, MCM will be doing their pre-sale of the Bull, so if you want one of their black core holders, this is probably the most cost effective way to go, so watch their site...)

Archived