• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

BackyardBullion

Beautiful stuff, BYB.  You know already that I'll have one - #6 would be perfect!  I'm just signing up for premium membership of the forum to take advantage of the offer.  Note to self - "be more active on the forum!".

Thanks big lad!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BigLorry said:

Beautiful stuff, BYB.  You know already that I'll have one - #6 would be perfect!  I'm just signing up for premium membership of the forum to take advantage of the offer.  Note to self - "be more active on the forum!".

Thanks big lad!

Not a problem - whenever you are ready we can get things sorted!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Production has started on the 250g bars. 

Expecting to have them poured over the next couple of weeks. Then to keep costs down I will be combining shipping to the Assay Office with lots of other items. Estimated delivery of these bars will be mid March. 

15 bars have been ordered - which includes bars #001 & #002. Chris Silver has kindly offered to use his #001 bar for a charity auction which will happen at a later date. 

The serial number usually reserved for myself - #002 - I have decided to let this one go - If I kept lots of my own silver every time I make a product run I will end up a poor business man!

As such #002 is available to reserve now on a first come first serve basis.

Reminder of the prices:

Standard member price - £200

Premium member price - £175 

Postage: +£7.50 via Royal Mail Special Delivery (fully insured) or +£4 for 1st Class Signed (at your risk)

Free Special delivery postage included for more than one item.

If anyone would like to add to the 15 already reserved then please get in touch. I had decided to limit these bars to no more than 25 as a total mintage. If 15 are all that is ordered, then 15 is all that will be made. But for those of you who are concerned with mintages - it will be capped at a maximum of 25. 

As I said - production is underway as we speak - and yes, I do still have a Christmas themed tablecloth out in February, what can I say - we are lazy!

IMG_20180208_115343.thumb.jpg.8f2498836236c932ed9e2519fd002d6a.jpg

I think the Christmas cloth is acceptable in February, after all it'll soon be Christmas but in the meantime however, I look forward to the 250g Chunky Monkey.  

I'm somewhat surprised these beauties haven't been all being snapped up as yet and feel that 25 mintage is rather low for such a buoyant and enthusiastic Forum.  But I'm already in! so I will be very happy in any scenario, high or low mintage, but I think its a missed opportunity if not invested in this fantastic looking bar.  I was kind of hoping that the upward trend in weight gain of the Forum bars might continue year on year...could you imagine Backyard's inaugral 1000 oz'er, (possibly not) but bigger the better for me, and low mintage! what's not to like.  Don't miss out people...

11 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I think the Christmas cloth is acceptable in February, after all it'll soon be Christmas but in the meantime however, I look forward to the 250g Chunky Monkey.  

I'm somewhat surprised these beauties haven't been all being snapped up as yet and feel that 25 mintage is rather low for such a buoyant and enthusiastic Forum.  But I'm already in! so I will be very happy in any scenario, high or low mintage, but I think its a missed opportunity if not invested in this fantastic looking bar.  I was kind of hoping that the upward trend in weight gain of the Forum bars might continue year on year...could you imagine Backyard's inaugral 1000 oz'er, (possibly not) but bigger the better for me, and low mintage! what's not to like.  Don't miss out people...

Thanks for the feedback ;)

At the end of the day £175 is a lot to ask people for, hence why the £22.50 1 oz bars were an instant sell out in pre-order almost. 

To coin and slightly alter a timeless phrase, "we are gonna need a bigger furnace!"

I do hope to upgrade to a furnace capable of pouring a 1kg bar at some point in late 2018 - early 2019. But they are not cheap and I just dont know what the demand would be for a kilo silver bar with the added premium of my time and expenses would be!

Ah the woes of planning ahead for a small business!

1000 oz - yeah, I think that the kitchen table business might have to turn into a foundry for that!

If anyone else wants some of these bars please let me know!

True, a lot to ask however, the premium paid is for quality,  attractiveness and desirability, and not forgetting customer service. I am of the opinion that your products meet all this criteria hands down! Not all silver is equal. 

Don't know about 1kg bars, but 5-10 ounces feels right in the hand for a Bar or Round and for investment (and failing eyesight) they're ideal.  I guess having bigger capacity would make things easier and bring your costs down slightly but having owned a small business, capital reinvestment is always anxiety provoking.  

Bar number 2 has been reserved.

Mrs BYB couldn't let it go - so she gave me a valentine's present of my own hand poured silver!

Such is life!

I would absolutely love one of these, especially having already bought in at all the smaller sizes, however silver has been cheap as chips so I just can't afford the premium in terms of opportunity cost :(

It will very possibly/hopefully be a super investment in years to come (especially at a guaranteed max mintage of 25!), but as of now alas these are too expensive for me. I hope I don't seem too negative because the flip side is totally positive, and I fully understand the extra work and effort pouring a ripple forum bar this big. Those who are able to/do grab these could be onto an absolute winner. And I'm gutted tbh not to be able to continue my forum bar set :(

59 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Bar number 2 has been reserved.

Mrs BYB couldn't let it go - so she gave me a valentine's present of my own hand poured silver!

Such is life!

Wow it was so generous of you to offer up your special very early number, I was very surprised to hear that - you should have that bar! So good on the good missus once again mate. Must be strange to have your own work gifted back to you, but talk about a thoughtful present (albeit one with no delivery charges, and I just hope you didn't give her a discount - j/ks!!! :P) :)

Also incredibly super of @ChrisSIlver to raffle off his own bar, I will be down for that for sure, great stuff! :)

11 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I would absolutely love one of these, especially having already bought in at all the smaller sizes, however silver has been cheap as chips so I just can't afford the premium in terms of opportunity cost :(

It will very possibly/hopefully be a super investment in years to come (especially at a guaranteed max mintage of 25!), but as of now alas these are too expensive for me. I hope I don't seem too negative because the flip side is totally positive, and I fully understand the extra work and effort pouring a ripple forum bar this big. Those who are able to/do grab these could be onto an absolute winner. And I'm gutted tbh not to be able to continue my forum bar set :(

Wow it was so generous of you to offer up your special very early number, I was very surprised to hear that - you should have that bar! So good on the good missus once again mate. Must be strange to have your own work gifted back to you, but talk about a thoughtful present (albeit one with no delivery charges, and I just hope you didn't give her a discount - j/ks!!! :P) :)

Also incredibly super of @ChrisSIlver to raffle off his own bar, I will be down for that for sure, great stuff! :)

Well - she made a good point that this is the first of the 250g bars and it makes sense to keep one for prosperity. It has been added to the "pension stack" rather than the business turnaround stack. That way I don't count it as a business "loss" just a net neutral sale for BYB! Ah the joys of ingenious bookkeeping!

As Mrs BYB is the primary investor in the business, if she is happy, I am happy!

Although technically #16 & #17 are available too. 

I have 16 to 25 available but there are two consecutive bars which will have to be reserved

Very glad to have bagged number 13 as I thought long and hard over this investment as it's quite a big purchase for me, and I was looking for a number which meant something, and I thought all the personally 'significant' ones were accounted for. We're all different but that's how I can justify my purchase :) I thought 13 had already gone, so was really pleased to get it. 13 is maligned quite unfairly if you look into it, it's very 'lucky' indeed in many ways,  and for many faiths and peoples etc :)

Your explanation about the numbers available @BackyardBullion have been a bit confusing to me, so I had to work it out myself lol  :P I think what you're saying is that someone has asked for two consecutive numbers and don't mind which they are (except they want them late in the run if possible), but you didn't assign them at the time. Someone else had asked for 12, but that relied upon someone taking the 'odd' 13 to stop 12 and 13 being those first two consecutive numbers for the first buyer, so unless I bought 13 the person who wanted 12 couldn't have it (?).

If that's so and the buyer of the two consecutives has said they want them as late as possible then they've got a good chance of the last two numbers in the mintage, because these will surely sell out. Very clever! :)

The only thing is, like with me, it makes what is available 'technically' a bit confusing! :P

11 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Very glad to have bagged number 13 as I thought long and hard over this investment as it's quite a big purchase for me, and I was looking for a number which meant something, and I thought all the personally 'significant' ones were accounted for. We're all different but that's how I can justify my purchase :) I thought 13 had already gone, so was really pleased to get it. 13 is maligned quite unfairly if you look into it, it's very 'lucky' indeed in many ways,  and for many faiths and peoples etc :)

Your explanation about the numbers available @BackyardBullion have been a bit confusing to me, so I had to work it out myself lol  :P I think what you're saying is that someone has asked for two consecutive numbers and don't mind which they are (except they want them late in the run if possible), but you didn't assign them at the time. Someone else had asked for 12, but that relied upon someone taking the 'odd' 13 to stop 12 and 13 being those first two consecutive numbers for the first buyer, so unless I bought 13 the person who wanted 12 couldn't have it (?).

If that's so and the buyer of the two consecutives has said they want them as late as possible then they've got a good chance of the last two numbers in the mintage, because these will surely sell out. Very clever! :)

The only thing is, like with me, it makes what is available 'technically' a bit confusing! :P

I was the buyer who any requested consecutive numbers, however as I can see it's causing some level of difficulty, I will amend my request to any 2 random numbers.  This should make it easier for @BackyardBullion to fill out the mintage.  The "late in the run" was made as a suggestion to allow BYB to more accurately assess demand, as the lower numbers tend to sell faster, and I have no designs on the final two numbers in the mintage :)

Archived