• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stuff I've learned in my first month of stacking

PansPurse

1) The budgeting advice is important. I am now reeling back/working on this.

2) The Royal Mint's Signature gold option offers pretty competetive rates and is a good last-in/first-out stash of value.

3)  Canadian’s have a horrible portrait of the Queen… possibly part of a larger disaffection with having her as head of state?

4) Some people are crazy.

5) Most people are not (and in fact pretty lovely)

6) If you ever want to feel poor and humble, convert savings into gold.

7) Relatively stable PM prices can look like terrifying roller-coasters if you follow them daily/weekly.

8) I am definitely not a numismatically minded person (little scratches and links don’t seem to bother me in the slightest)

9) I will never understand the popularity of Pandas (both the coin and the animal)

25 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

3)  Canadian’s have a horrible portrait of the Queen… possibly part of a larger disaffection with having her as head of state?

Could not agree more, I feel like I have committed treason by just looking at it, its that bad.

6 hours ago, PansPurse said:

2) The Royal Mint's Signature gold option offers pretty competetive rates and is a good last-in/first-out stash of value.

When i bought afew coins last month,I thought **** it and stuck abit in signature.They charged me 1p or something for the month,So isn't overpriced greedy like alot of others are.

They could charge far more and get away with it.

6 hours ago, PansPurse said:

I did this from the start,fixed on x amount of one coin or a set etc.Rather then one of this and that,then getting far behind on everything and not being able to keep up etc.

Yep, Maples have horrid head design, puts me right off buying any.  

I totally get pandas and they are growing on me greatly.  The 80's child in me is drawn to the very early years designs and suspects i may one day go for the (expensive) collection.

The coin I don't get is the Koala, some are fantastic while some are awful, last years looking like he's sitting there squeezing one out. 

54 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Yep, Maples have horrid head design, puts me right off buying any.  

I totally get pandas and they are growing on me greatly.  The 80's child in me is drawn to the very early years designs and suspects i may one day go for the (expensive) collection.

The coin I don't get is the Koala, some are fantastic while some are awful, last years looking like he's sitting there squeezing one out. 

Maybe he was ? :ph34r:

18 hours ago, PansPurse said:

4) Some people are crazy.

5) Most people are not (and in fact pretty lovely)

6) If you ever want to feel poor and humble, convert savings into gold.

7) Relatively stable PM prices can look like terrifying roller-coasters if you follow them daily/weekly.

8) I am definitely not a numismatically minded person (little scratches and links don’t seem to bother me in the slightest)

9) I will never understand the popularity of Pandas (both the coin and the animal)

Archived