• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

verified my 1st fake

jason1977

Yep, my 1st month stacking, and was able to be so sure I had a fake that I'd chop it up to be sure. Not bad for a beginner I gotta pat myself on the back for it

It wasn't even plated, looked like an aluminum paint.

My question now is do I report it to ebay and get my money back or go through the seller assuming they didn't know.

Personally, I was suspicious of this bar from the get go because it was inside an air-tight container sealed inside a soft plastic flip. Why send me an armored & sealed 1 oz. Bar that says, "don't open me"?

So do I report it and go for buyer protection or go through the seller and get an ounce.

What is the sellers feedback like and does he sell just PM's. If he is in the business of selling Pm's only he should know where to buy from and make sure he is selling the genuine piece. If he sells other items and this is a side piece he may have been ripped off himself and just didn't know.

Maybe contact the seller first and see what his response is, if its positive then you might want to just get a refund or a replacement. But if he knows full well the items are fake, report him. Make sure other buyers know too.

Yeah, I sent the seller a message just now so we'll see what happens. The thing is it was in an air tight sealed within a soft plastic sealed sleeve. It screamed "don't open me!" That is what caused my suspicion because it would make it difficult to weigh. I don't trust anything I can't measure & that's why I opened it.

Shined up a little brass hammer to compare my new Shiney brass ingot.

attachicon.gif20140802_035747.jpg

Since it's sideways it looks like you're laid down very relaxed showing it off lol. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Sorry to read about this Jason, let us know how you get on with seller, if he/she effs  you about you'll get your money back off ebay.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I informed the seller and he said his bars were genuine. I didn't respond after that. I opened a case with eBay and left my telephone number. He has relisted the same item and people are actively bidding on more fakes.

His name on ebay is w0nd3r_bay.

Lol, I have the buggers address...

It was a good learning experience because after stacking for only a month, I've felt, weighed, magnet & ring tested enough of the real thing to be extremely suspicious.

Beware of bars being sent inside an air tight hard plastic container sealed inside a soft plastic sealed sleeve. It screams "don't even think about opening me. You can't test me with a magnet if you break my magic seal. Leave me sealed inside so you can't measure my thickness or weight."

It was so armored, that is what made me suspicious in the first place.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/w0nd3r_bay if anyone want to take a look, looks like a couple of people left neutral after getting refunded for fake bars,

I'm the one that left the negative remark. After seeing that he has sold fakes to 2 others and owned up to it as well as insisting it was genuine, I filed a report and left that negative feed back.

one of the neutral comment were also about it not being silver and is actually brass. I hope people being look at these feedback comments.

Look at all the positive feedback he has gotten for his fake silver 

What a shame for the buyers that could be stacking up silver for what they think will be their retirement plan, but it's worth nothing :(

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I'm the one that left the negative remark. After seeing that he has sold fakes to 2 others and owned up to it as well as insisting it was genuine, I filed a report and left that negative feed back.

yeah i guessed it was you looks like a LOT of others have been fooled, he is listing them to decisive and he knows there fake   

yeah i guessed it was you looks like a LOT of others have been fooled, he is listing them to decisive and he knows there fake

Yep. Lesson learned: buy directly from a mint. The higher cost of shipping is an added premium.

Archived