• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Will gold hit $1,500 this year?

Pampfan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so, but hard to tell... It's spot price is so manipulated by traders... But I see a weak US dollar in 2018 and Crypo currencies volatility driving gold up for a positive year. I just hope it makes a steady rise so I can trade up my Silver reserves to gold. ;)

Irrelevant question for many. Currently at or near and have been for a few years all time highs for many countries. Be happy if you are a yank and it isn't............and if it goes down, that means the good times are back ecomomically and politically.

(need to hit the "all data" toggle to get the big picture)

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-australia.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-norway.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-india.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-japan.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-russia.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-south-africa.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-uk.html

Some good points here.

In USD I can see a case for $1500 but not in GBP. I see around £1,000 in GBP by year end and $1.50 USD to GBP, that is if course Brexit dependent.

Crypro's will play their part as will Government bans on Crypto trading houses.

Interesting drop in last 24hours hasn't spiked Gold which I thought it might.

$1500 is only 12% away, so very doable, but I will always say that the market doesn't work to yours or my agenda and will do whatever it does regardless. I do firmly believe that having stacked through these tough times we will be handsomely rewarded when the worm turns and PMs come back into the spotlight.

Mnuchin just stated at Davros before DT arrives later that the us welcomes a weaker dollar........ boost for gold in us dollar terms for sure and with the us relaxing its taxes to encourage us companies to repatriate their vast amounts of cash deliberately held overseas to avoid previously higher tax rates and it doesn’t take a genius to see a lower usd benefits this limited time one-off repatriation of funds whilst making us products cheaper and more competitive to export. If all that money comes back to the US, it has to go somewhere.....stocks ?

On 16/01/2018 at 06:21, Oldun said:

Irrelevant question for many. Currently at or near and have been for a few years all time highs for many countries. Be happy if you are a yank and it isn't............and if it goes down, that means the good times are back ecomomically and politically.

(need to hit the "all data" toggle to get the big picture)

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-australia.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-norway.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-india.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-japan.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-russia.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-south-africa.html

https://goldprice.org/gold-price-uk.html

Very interesting to see that gold barely even had a bear market in some currencies after the 2011 top. 

I think gold in USD terms is about to make a run for $1500 for sure. I've got a technical pattern in my eyes that could end up forming a bear flag and a $1,000 retest. 

If we take out $1600 then we could see a swift run to all time highs and beyond. Target on a break of highs would be around $4,000.. ;)

Should this scenario happen then you can rule out deflation anytime within the next few years and potentially a new floor at around $2,000. I'm not sure this will play out though.

gld.PNG

gld2.PNG

In U.S. - seems that gold just broke through the 1,360 barrier - so it is still on an upward path- looks like all other precious metals are moving up as well - could be a sign of people cashing out of cryptos and putting the gains into precious metals.

im bullish in thinking for all precious metals right now - if silver hits $40 an ounce - I’m selling it all to buy gold.

In U.S. - seems that gold just broke through the 1,360 barrier - so it is still on an upward path- looks like all other precious metals are moving up as well - could be a sign of people cashing out of cryptos and putting the gains into precious metals.
im bullish in thinking for all precious metals right now - if silver hits $40 an ounce - I’m selling it all to buy gold.
I've been heavily liquidating my Silver for gold the past 6 Month and I don't see that changing anytime soon! I've even thought of selling my MS70 silver collections and taking the profits to pick up more gold... And great minds think alike, I think gold will be a hedge against cryptos.

The usual culprits have given price a smack down. Price was getting too near breakout levels so they flood the market with paper. They still can do this but we are in the last days of this sort of antic. We will see $1500 in the rear mirror well before the year end.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 24/01/2018 at 20:47, C12 said:

gld.PNG

gld2.PNG

These are very illustrative charts. If we ignore the surge in price to the peak in 2011 the gold price has been moving up in a very steady fashion since 2002. The bull tread is intact.

This afternoon price got smacked down. The current price levels are critical which is why we got a smack down. There is an element of desperation in the air.

When you look at the horizontal levels we were at and will return to, this is a critical level. Break through this horizontal and in all honesty the next level is around $1500. We have made several attempts and one of them this year will get through, which is one of the reasons i am very confident price will be at and above $1500. This spells so much trouble. Underwater positions are suddenly at the bottom of the ocean. There is so much trouble for the banks. Too big to fail starts to fail and a big cash bail out with a cash reset becomes inevitable.

Physical demand keeps climbing. The cartel is running out of bullets. They cannot fight physical demand. They control the paper market, paper gold can be churned out and dumped at any price but they cannot create physical out of thin air. There is more information coming out on the Kinesis coins over the next few days and i expect when the initial offering is out of the way we will see an unstoppable wall of physical demand which will run straight over the top of these paper clowns and price will be at $1500 and then banging on the door of all time highs. We have heard this so many times before but the cartel cannot deal with rampant physical demand and this is what i see Kinesis as being.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

On 26/01/2018 at 01:40, sixgun said:

These are very illustrative charts. If we ignore the surge in price to the peak in 2011 the gold price has been moving up in a very steady fashion since 2002. The bull tread is intact.

It all depends on whether we get a severe financial crash within the next 12 months. If so, I expect gold will get hit (as with everything) and a rush into cash. 

The other option is we go directly to inflation which may last another 2 -3 years before everything tops out with massive blow off tops. Gold will surely see an impressive move up to $4,000 in this scenario.

I just feel we have to go through a lengthy deflationary period at some point before we get the destructive inflationary cycle that takes gold to $10,000 and beyond. This might be 10-15 years away (which ties in with the 30-year commodity cycle peak). 

I'm positioned for both scenarios with around 40% of my savings in physical gold / silver and have cash sat on the sidelines. 

Governments are still pumping vast sums of "fake" money into the system under the guise of quantative easing.
Not sure how many tens or hundreds of billions of $$ per month globally but quite significant.
Nice way to reduce your sovereign debt by devaluing your currency over time.
That should in itself help raise the fiat price of gold retaining its intrinsic value.

i follow the precious metal charts obsessively. i can see the manipulation of price. We see steady rises then precipitous falls generally at specific quiet times or around the London fix. It happened this last week. So it all depends if this price control can be broken as to whether price reaches or does not reach a certain level. The banks would have the price at $800 if they had free reign but they don't, they are in a constant battle with reality. The price is not a natural supply demand one, not a natural supply demand for real gold and silver. It is one that is controlled. It is controlled through the paper markets b/c the banks have lost control of the physical side. They pawned the family silver long ago. In paper markets i include the spot currency prices (XAU/USD etc) as primarily paper markets. Actual physical trading is in the main now outside the LBMA, off loco London at agreed prices not found on any chart. This is how we can say the markets depicted on the charts are broken. They represents imaginary gold and silver.

Price movements are 'explained' by the controlled media in turns of various events and financial happenings. Some are correct but many are imagined. They invent and search out explanations to convince themselves and the pundits. There might be a large physical trade goes through and the bullion banks take steps to cover this. The media has no idea about these trades so they cannot explain the move other than through inventions and propaganda. Agents for the banks may dump paper at market but that explanation could never be advertised, so some other excuse is manufactured.

The price of the metals have been controlled for decades. The reason the price is where is it is b/c the central banks have managed it into that position. What is about to unfold will be explained in terms of some paper political events but what is about to unfold is the real world steamrollering over the illusionary one. At the moment the banks are juggling. They are struggling to keep all the balls in the air and they sort of manage it. They are struggling to keep the physical demand satisfied. Price can only be controlled for as long as physical demand is satisfied. If we had a dramatic and persistent rise in physical demand all the paper in the world will not keep price down.

The likes of the Chinese have been playing the long game, this is what they do. They slowly slowly bleed the victim dry. The Chinese could send price to $50 000 next week. They could create a stampede for physical that could not be satisfied and send price vertical but they don't, they want every ounce they can before that happens. They could arrange with the Kremlin to lay out their gold in the national stadia and say look here is our 60 000 tonnes of gold or whatever it is, where is yours United States? There would be a news blackout but the news would get out.

The Kinesis blockchain currency system is about to unleash a dramatic and persistent physical demand. Those behind it are highly motivated to break the paper markets and free price from central bank control. Gold and silver are real money, real stores of value and attach a yield to these that beats government bond yields and you will unleash demand that cannot be satisfied in gold price terms this side of $2000 and probably much much higher. All the paper in the world will not be able to control the physical price when physical is the only game in town. So what any of the financial parameters are doing does not matter when a collective of fund managers and another and another need 100 of tonnes of gold to play in this game. The collective demand for physical to play Kinesis will ride straight over the top of the paper market and the banks will be powerless to stop it without they call on their guns and brute force. Then China shows her hand and the jig really would be up.

26 minutes ago, Pete said:

Governments are still pumping vast sums of "fake" money into the system under the guise of quantative easing.
Not sure how many tens or hundreds of billions of $$ per month globally but quite significant.
Nice way to reduce your sovereign debt by devaluing your currency over time.
That should in itself help raise the fiat price of gold retaining its intrinsic value.

The QE over the last 8-9 years was an attempt to stave of deflation. The only thing they've managed to achieve is to keep asset bubbles artificially inflating. The central banks are going to struggle to achieve the same outcome during the next crisis.

Debt based fiat systems are mathematically designed to end in a deflationary flight in to cash. There's no question we're going to see deflation again within the next few years, it's just a case of timing it. 

Archived