• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone else worried about Stock Market all time highs?

6 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

The same two accounts I showed at the start of this thread are now at 22% overall growth and 31.6% growth respectively. 

So since I started this thread I have lost about 3.5% in growth of these accounts - It just all seemed too good to be true - massive all time highs!

I think you can safely knock another 2-3% off when they open for trading tomorrow morning!

Without wishing financial destruction on any forum members, I have been patiently out of stocks and on the sidelines and waiting for the next crash for a few years now. I thought the market was overvalued back in 2013 and moved 75% to cash and 25% to commodities. I still firmly believe my strategy is the right one, albeit making the call a few years too early.

Plan is to increase my commodities exposure in the short term, and only begin to buy equities when the Dow/Gold ratio has taken at least a 60% haircut from where it is today, which I believe we will easily see over the next cycle.

33 minutes ago, vand said:

Without wishing financial destruction on any forum members, I have been patiently out of stocks and on the sidelines and waiting for the next crash for a few years now. I thought the market was overvalued back in 2013 and moved 75% to cash and 25% to commodities. I still firmly believe my strategy is the right one, albeit making the call a few years too early.

Plan is to increase my commodities exposure in the short term, and only begin to buy equities when the Dow/Gold ratio has taken at least a 60% haircut from where it is today, which I believe we will easily see over the next cycle.

I think this will be a wise strategy for the short term. For me I am saving for 30+ years time, so it is all swings and roundabouts at the moment.

Nothing is a loss or profit until it is turned into something shiny, edible or you can live in it ?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

I think this will be a wise strategy for the short term. For me I am saving for 30+ years time, so it is all swings and roundabouts at the moment.

Nothing is a loss or profit until it is turned into something shiny, edible or you can live in it ?

I'm also have a 20-30yr time horizon.. but I don't believe that to be a good reason to buy something that you believe is fundamentally overvalued. If anything, it affords you more time to not buy something, keep your powder dry, and wait patiently for the best opportunities to deploy your money! 

By various standards stocks look pricey and merit a correction, especially tech stocks. The questions remain:
Will governments respond by cutting interest rates and printing more money?
If so, will it be enough to overcome market sentiment?
If not, where will investors park their money?

Cryptos are still in free fall from a speculative bubble. Bonds prices have been falling, though this could reverse. Gold and cash are looking sensible at the moment. Gold stocks are an unknown: they will be pulled in both directions. Maybe a pairs trade would work with long gold stock fund / short S&P or short Nasdaq.

The selloff doesn't look to be over yet... Dow futures are volatile and pointing to another -2% gap down. 

Could mark a short term bottom. While I'm incredibly bearish on stocks it's also strange to think that mabe this is the start of the bear market after all these years where everyone has been conditioned to expect stocks to keep rising. 

Volaitltiy index is the highest its been since 2008, so it should be an interesting day. As with all these things, if you are in stocks its knowing when to sell that is key. But since Im not in stocks and have refused to go in for the last few years ( I consider them vastly overpriced), I will not be thinking about stocks until after the next major, and I mean major, correction. Maybe its happening now, probably not, but the only thing we can be sure of is that it is going to happen.

US gapped down, but closed that and now gone +ve. Usually that is a very bullish sign.

I cannot, and indeed have not, discounted the possibility that stocks will have a "final final" true blowoff phase where they do 20-30% a month with Dow 40k and Nasdaq 10k. At least one TA who I follow closely is still convinced of this scenario.

Archived