• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Starting a new series

Mark10110

1 minute ago, Gildeon said:

Hi, can you mention any other series you are collecting so far, so we can get an idea ?

None, I just have 12 Britannia 2 maples 2017, 2 koalas 2017, 1 somalia elephant 2017, 1 nue owl 2017. 

1 5oz bar

2 100g bars

I just stack but while doing it I figures I already have 1 foot in the door I may aswell start a collection from this year and flip them in like 10 years maybe.

I was looking at pandas, I won't go back years collecting just collect from today moving forwards on a series

I have started about 8 months myself and still deciding my directions. One definite thing is gilded coins (as you may have guessed already!). ;)

I would go for a series with changing design and not very high premiums. Either ongoing (Pandas, Kookaburras, Koalas etc.) or finite (Lunars, Queen's Beasts).  You will also have to decide how long back you would want to backdate it, as some of them are almost 30 years running.

Some limited, high relief, 1 or 2 oz series are also very interesting, if you don't mind the higher premiums.

Instagram: gildeon_67

1 minute ago, Gildeon said:

I have started about 8 months myself and still deciding my directions. One definite thing is gilded coins (as you may have guessed already!). ;)

I would go for a series with changing design and not very high premiums. Either ongoing (Pandas, Kookaburras, Koalas etc.) or finite (Lunars, Queen's Beasts).  You will also have to decide how long back you would want to backdate it, as some of them are almost 30 years running.

Some limited, high relief, 1 or 2 oz series are also very interesting, if you don't mind the higher premiums.

Yea I am thinking both Koalas and Pandas, 2 maybe buy 2 of each every year for a good few years, sell in like 10 

It's also a good idea to go through the photo threads, some really impressive stuff there. I have already published my Kookaburra collection, my Koalas will follow when I get some more in.

Instagram: gildeon_67

1.Kookaburras.Nice details,amazing finish,limited mintage,design is changed every year.The Perth Mint is the best.

2.Queen`s Beast.Really nice design,unlimited mintage,some have milk spots.

Archived