• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NK gold coins

silversky

6 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

It's funny to see these types of anti US propaganda in coins, posters, programs, etc. Once one's able to get their emotions under control and see past the crazy message, these types of pieces are very interesting imho. 

Well the missile set I collect for two reasons.  I used to be a missile-eer when i was in the air force.  So NK was always a topic and they look pretty cool by my rounds that I was awarded from Space command, so the theme is eh not too similar but the story is the same for both countries.   After I got those, then I've started keeping an eye on political coins.   Like you said, if you detach yourself from any emotion involved, they are very interesting and clearly a key in NK's history.   Thus I believe political silver and gold is very collectible.  As I know now and the distant future, I have no intention to sell these.  but as someone told me the problem if I did want to sell them is its not so easy advertise.   Lack of labels.   Using image only etc.   NGC won't even grade DPRK coins along with a hand full of other countries.    

I guess the lure to me on these is first the hunt for them.   Then its tracking any knowledge on them as I only have the sellers release notes and what google translate and they tell me.   Mintage is difficult to obtain, items difficult to obtain, the story is rather clear but detailed information is difficult to obtain.    Seems everything about these coins are difficult and really require work and as someone in the US, overseas communications with a 12 hour time difference so info comes step by step as you think of questions.   

As for next,  I'll probably be looking for some political AU from NK.  

On 12/31/2017 at 10:43, silversky said:

Sounds like they might be very pricey in that case.  Still if they weren't too over the top crazy I might be interested.  I do wonder how they are exported though?  It was my understanding that most things were being sanctioned but perhaps not coins of numismatic interest.

I'm not sure how your interest is, but the pleasure and reward is the work you do for them as they aren't so easily accessable and you are correct, they are pricey.   As for building my relationship with my guy, I did a lot of crosschecking.   after the crosschecking and the grading verifications, I purchased one (like I said, they are quite pricey).   It scanned right into PCGS.  From there I kept building and scanning.   Now my guy gives me pre-offerers (how I got the 2 ounce anti-USA one which only has a 200 mintage.   My guy also sends me the press release (in Chinese as these are released through coin shows) which i plug into google translate to get the full detail of the story.   A lot of work and money has gone into my small collection.   A lot of delayed communications as we are 12 hrs apart goes into these.   

And if youre asking about shipping to the US.   They are labeled differently to get by customs (at least reduce random inspection tests).   

Edited by gforeman
further info

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi All,

I am a Central Bank of DPRK coin distributor in the UK. I have two MISSILE ROCKET sets (7 coins) for sale. Any one interested in could send me message. :) 

Cheers