• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Seen Any 2015 Designs?

HelpingHands

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$2 Dollar Endangered Series Bengal Tiger Niue Island 1 oz Silver Proof 2015 (mintage 2000)

Pre-Sale delivery begin  February

11239_2015_bengal_tiger.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-Dollar-Endangered-Series-Bengal-Tiger-Niue-Island-1-oz-Silver-Proof-2015-/231446836232?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item35e34e7408&autorefresh=true

So this'll be the third coin of the series, really liking it and pleased they've gone with the reflexion again, gonna look awesome in the flesh, another on my long list.

So this'll be the third coin of the series, really liking it and pleased they've gone with the reflexion again, gonna look awesome in the flesh, another on my long list.

Agree - But still for the love of me cannot understand how the first coin in the series ( Venerable Collared Lizard)  was viewed as being consistent with that which followed.

Now seeing the third, I'm more convinced that the use of colour was due to the need to bring the definition out and an original poor design when this was viewed as bare metal. Also good that this is being caped at 2000 like the Rhino and as opposed to the 5000 for the lizard 

• 3 weeks later...

The RCM latest in the Birds of Prey series, the Red-Tailed Hawk.

Its a pity the whole bird is not on the coin, but looks good.

On the STG web site.

I agree there, I don't know why they feel the need to cut the wings off the coin, it's a shame, there's also a new 1oz gold howling cougar which's a nice design.

https://www.coininvest.com/en/gold-coins/call-of-the-wild/call-of-the-wild-growling-cougar-200-dollar-1oz-gold-2015/

cougar.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Got a couple of silver 2015 Brits this week and can confirm the surfaces have a rippled/ dimpled finish so don't show up all the fine lines and scratches synonymous with the 999 silver Britannias in the past.

Canadian 1oz Polar Bear & Cub

141550_rev-570.png

It is a similar design to the 1oz Fox (the proof version of the 1.5oz bullion fox) or the 1.5oz Polar Bear or the 1.25oz Bison or the 3/4oz wolf.

Is this a set? or just random coins?

Agau

• 4 weeks later...

Now the Polar Bear & Cub in 1.5oz, part of the 1.5oz series.

$_12.JPG

The 1oz version is the "premium " version of this coin, same as with the Arctic Fox. The 1oz "premium" versions have apparently a mintage of only 7500.

• 1 month later...

I see the 5oz HR kook is at EMK. Not quite as much as I thought it would be.

https://en.emk.com/artikel/586/33790/

50.60 in diameter versus the 65.60 of the Chinese Ancient Mythical Creatures.

Might be a typo.  Perth Mint has the Mythical down as 50.60mm.

A great design is the 2015 1 oz "Year of the sheep" from Silver shield :D

www.silvercoins.dk/silvershield.html

Great antidote to the myriad "year of the whatever coins" doing the rounds, unfortunately also comes with the dreaded Silver Shield premium on the price, in the UK that is.

Just had a look at the description of this round,

"The final detail is a lonely sheep dog howling a distant warning, which symbolizes those that are aware and prepared."

The old peepers aren't what they were, where's the dog?

Ah, found it.

Great antidote to the myriad "year of the whatever coins" doing the rounds, unfortunately also comes with the dreaded Silver Shield premium on the price, in the UK that is. 

Just had a look at the description of this round,

"The final detail is a lonely sheep dog howling a distant warning, which symbolizes those that are aware and prepared."

The old peepers aren't what they were, where's the dog?

What is the price for "year of the sheep" in the UK?

There's a proof on ebay for £55.00 plus £2.50 p&p, quite a few Silver Shield/ Silver Bullet rounds from this seller as well.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/silverbugg/m.html?item=321743791317&hash=item4ae96ca4d5&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I believe this next seller is a forum member, £27.99 in an airtite free p&p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Silver-Shield-Collection-Year-of-the-Sheep-1oz-999-Silver-Bullion-Round-/371246978255?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56700b54cf

These are ebay prices, not really my sort of round anyway, though I do quite like this one. Somebody UK based and into SS and SBSS may well know of cheaper sources, stacking is not really a 

mainstream activity in the UK, together with VAT we tend to pay over the odds for our silver when bought in the UK. Especially with rounds like this, which have fringe appeal on an already fringe activity  :)

Archived