• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

Ryland

Brexit opinions?? Will you ever be allowed to leave?

I live in the US and I’d like to hear from you guys that live in the U.K. on what your opinion is of Brexit, if you think it will happen, will Scotland finally go through with leaving the U.K.?  I know what the story is on our news here, I just want to see if it’s different there.

The globalists are making it as painful and costly for us to leave as possible.

This is to show what will happen to any other country that may be thinking of leaving.

It will be years before we officially leave...if we ever do...and then I don't think there will be any real noticeable difference because all the restrictive EU regulations will most likely still be adopted by the UK Government.

The Jocks don't have to leave the UK they can just fill in the holes in Hadrian's Wall....simples!!! :D

The UK will leave although I doubt we will get a good deal  due to the arrogant eu and  short sighted liberals and labour who don't understand there meddling is hampering negotiation and putting us in the weekest position meaning EU doesn't need to make any effort.

Scotland won't leave for several reasons 1. I don't think most scottish people want it 2. They can't afford to with the oil price so low 3. They do far more trade with the UK than the EU and their leaving would put a tariff on everything 4. They don't meet the criteria to rejoin the EU and even if they do they will be forced to take the euro as a currency which will make their problems worse.

Edited by 4Nines7Hills

Anyone noticed the more liberal the EU gets the more power the far  right are getting in the individual countries  ... 10-15 years ago the far right had a couple of percent support they are nearly winning the elections these days  in France, Germany , Netherlands everywhere .

The EU can't even see it the counties can't see it in the next 10 years the far right win be in and we will go from one disaster to another.

My opinion (and remember I’m in the US) is that the U.K. should cease all talks and just leave!  Declare sovereignty and let the chips fall where they may.  I think before they do that they should get assurances from the US and the banks here and in Canada that all financial systems will stay in place in London. I also think they should be back channeling talks between all English speaking nations, U.K., Australia, Canada, South Africa once they oust their corrupt government, and the US to form a trade alliance.  I think if the U.K. keeps talking the way they are you’ll either never leave or you’ll get such a bad deal that you would be forced to form some sort of trade agreement with countries outside of the EU anyway.  Better to do it now with trump in office than wait will some NWO nutcase is the president.  If Obama was in office such a deal could never happen but with Trump as much as I dislike him, a deal could be possible.

Under a deal like that Austria, Poland, Japan and Ireland could probably be swayed to join.  Then it would just be Germany and France to support every immigrant from whatever dung heap they crawled out of.  If we could box out China and all third world nations from our trade alliance we might actually have a functioning economy that actually produces things instead of all manufacturing going to the poorest countries in the worlds countries that play games with their currency.

Edited by Ryland

8 minutes ago, Ryland said:

My opinion (and remember I’m in the US) is that the U.K. should cease all talks and just leave!  Declare sovereignty and let the chips fall where they may.  I think before they do that they should get assurances from the US and the banks here and in Canada that all financial systems will stay in place in London. I also think they should be back channeling talks between all English speaking nations, U.K., Australia, Canada, South Africa once they oust their corrupt government, and the US to form a trade alliance.  I think if the U.K. keeps talking the way they are you’ll either never leave or you’ll get such a bad deal that you would be forced to form some sort of trade agreement with countries outside of the EU anyway.  Better to do it now with trump in office than wait will some NWO nutcase is the president.  If Obama was in office such a deal could never happen but with Trump as much as I dislike him, a deal could be possible.

For the most part I agree with you. We really need to just get it over and done with!

6 minutes ago, Ryland said:

Would that be the same 219% trade levy the US recently imposed on the aircraft makers in Northern Ireland putting peoples livelihoods at risk?

1 minute ago, Xander said:

Would that be the same 219% trade levy the US recently imposed on the aircraft makers in Northern Ireland putting peoples livelihoods at risk?

That’s why we’d have a trade alliance so things like that wouldn’t happen.  Right now Ireland plays games with corporate tax rates and subsidies to steal corporations.  They make it extremely profitable for a company to domicile there.  Stuff like that would end if we had a trade alliance and that’s why it needs to be English speaking nations that do it.  We all share a history and similar values and morals.   It would be a far easier Union than the one you have with Europe.

My personal theory (and thats all it is) is that the "transition period" must be long enough to still embroil us in the collapse when the plug gets pulled on everything.  The controlled MSM has never let up on the propaganda telling us what a mistake it was to vote for Brexit.  I think money is being printed non stop to keep failing organisations afloat for now because they can't be allowed to bring everything down until the time is right.  I know Deutchebank sent teams to China, the US and Quatar to beg for money and I think they got it, there has been a number of struggling organisations that just will not go under and I there must be cash injections coming from somewhere.

If there is another 2008 style collapse it's entirely possible that change in circumstances will give the criteria change to consider voting again and the British people will fall for it.

2 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

If there is another 2008 style collapse it's entirely possible that change in circumstances will give the criteria change to consider voting again and the British people will fall for it.

I think you’re right about that!  People will want to run to “safety” when a collapse or war happens.  I also think you’re correct that banks are all just being propped up with fake money ad that can’t last forever.  The talk of fixing financial systems is a much larger problem and much more complex but it still has to happen.  My point is that all of the fixes that need to happen would be much easier with a union of English speaking nations.

6 minutes ago, Ryland said:

That’s why we’d have a trade alliance so things like that wouldn’t happen.  Right now Ireland plays games with corporate tax rates and subsidies to steal corporations.  They make it extremely profitable for a company to domicile there.  Stuff like that would end if we had a trade alliance and that’s why it needs to be English speaking nations that do it.  We all share a history and similar values and morals.   It would be a far easier Union than the one you have with Europe.

The huge 219% tariff was slapped on UK exports by the US of which Northern Ireland is part of...4,200 jobs at risk. Hardly friendy.

We will leave..... but remain in close alignment with the EU.  Ignore all those 'free marketer' types, every country is a 'rule taker' to some degree and it makes sense for the UK to align itself with the EU but thankfully outside the CU & SM.

I think anyone hoping to change the electorates mind must realise the last polls before the actual vote had remain comfortably ahead. The demonization of leave voters in the MSM and by right on types will make anyone answering a poll not give a truthful answer.

The EU is on a path to becoming a 'state' and that's not something British people will sign up to. The only way historically they would have is if the UK adopted the Euro and used its power to shape the EU along with France & Germany. We could never do that in the half in/half out mode our political class always seemed to want.

People tend to ignore the fact that remaining in the EU was not the status quo or end goal

1 minute ago, Xander said:

The huge 219% tariff was slapped on UK exports by the US of which Northern Ireland is part of...4,200 jobs at risk. Hardly friendy.

Of course it’s not friendly.  Trump has the view that most countries have been stealing jobs from the US by selling products that are subsidized by either government funds or by country’s devaluing their currency’s.  It’s part of his America first strategy.  I agree with his reasoning but I think that it’s mainly Asian countries that are to blame.  I think we would all do better if we choose some friends to trade with a little more carefully and actually formed a free and fair trade union where we could all have an equal footing.

1 hour ago, 4Nines7Hills said:

Scotland won't leave for several reasons 1. I don't think most scottish people want it 2. They can't afford to with the oil price so low 3. They do far more trade with the UK than the EU and their leaving would put a tariff on everything 4. They don't meet the criteria to rejoin the EU and even if they do they will be forced to take the euro as a currency which will make their problems worse.

I'm a Sassenach who lives north of the border and agree with these.  I mean Scotland could comfortably be an independent country ( there are far smaller countries who are) but the reality is that what it entails is 50x more difficult than Brexit will ever be.

There was actually a noticeable anger when Sturgeon was giving it large over another indyref after the Brexit vote - it completely shook the SNP how badly they misjudged peoples intentions and the result was what we saw at the last GE.

2 hours ago, 4Nines7Hills said:

The 4th point, that they dont qualify to join EU, negates the rest of the arguments.  Would be interesting to hear what the US media report on this aspect, the SNP are living in denial they'd get some form of concession, is this being accepted or pulled apart?

19 minutes ago, 4Nines7Hills said:

Quite a few of the EU countries didn't meet the criteria but are still in  they make rules up when it suits 

And that right there is why the EU is doomed to fail.  No rule of law that’s known and predictable, just commands from a group when it suits them.  Also there’s no common values between nations that are so different and a lot of the countries economy’s are far different than others but they’re forced to have the same currency and interest rates.