• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My Atkinsons Bullion Experience

Alex

3 minutes ago, blackadder said:

take the Landmarks of Britain coins atm,selling for like £35,£29 without vat on some sites.that's a premium you are paying for the pic on the coin.

So in my eyes its not bullion as you've slapped premiums on it.and should atleast follow their own standards and descriptions.

Exactly ...and if you have some coins that fall below standards and want them replaced they tell you it`s just ''bullion'' and in that instant you start to contemplate at Britannias and maple leafs :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rhave to say again..

If you're buying a 1 oz bullion gold buffalo to try and get numismatic value out of it, you're really going wrong somewhere

There are MUCH better bets out there

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

29 minutes ago, Kman said:

I rhave to say again..

If you're buying a 1 oz bullion gold buffalo to try and get numismatic value out of it, you're really going wrong somewhere

There are MUCH better bets out there

Lesson learnt.I`d say NOT from bullion dealers but from whom then?

The best bang for your buck seems to be Ebay ...for me at least.

Every business must make a profit,everyone knows that but not by selling 'faulty' or 'not as described' products to their customers.

It`s their problem how they make profit but if I pay 1 pound or 1 million pounds from my pocket for something described as 'shiny' and I receive 'matt' then I have a problem.

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I was very excited as the Buffalo was my first gold coin

I thought you were a collector. I'm sure you have said this several times in order to make it seem that you are experienced in these matters.

Therefore, we can only assume your only experience is with collectable silver coinage, a mile away from bullion gold coins.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I thought you were a collector. I'm sure you have said this several times in order to make it seem that you are experienced in these matters.

Therefore, we can only assume your only experience is with collectable silver coinage, a mile away from bullion gold coins.

Yes buddy.I said I have experience in silver coins ,in old ones/modern,and buffalo was my first gold coin.

Is grading gold coins much different from silver? I collect silver coins all over the world not just Victorian crowns.I even have chinese Qing dynsty copper coins,one in MS65 or 68,can`t remember.I don`t collect just silver and british coins ,I collect everything from all over the world.I dont have japanese shu yet :lol:

Red spots are copper and black spots silver in the 22k gold...and so on.There is no copper or silver in 24k.Malleability,mint errors,mintage number,dies................................................

You just have to take into consideration everything when dealing with gold or silver coins.I find it easy coz I love to collect coins.I also love to read and learn about all the above and the history behind the coin.

Should be easy if you know some chemistry and google is my best friend. :D

3 hours ago, Alex said:

You just have to take into consideration everything when dealing with gold or silver coins.I find it easy coz I love to collect coins.I also love to read and learn about all the above and the history behind the coin.

way to go bud:)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived