• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My Atkinsons Bullion Experience

Alex

They probably post hundreds of coins a day they can’t loupe every single coin before they send out because it’s too time consuming. So as soon as they will exchange the coin I think that will be ok because they don’t get things wrong too often in general 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, fehk2001 said:

They probably post hundreds of coins a day they can’t loupe every single coin before they send out because it’s too time consuming. So as soon as they will exchange the coin I think that will be ok because they don’t get things wrong too often in general 

No doubt but I specifically requested the best condition.

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

No doubt but I specifically requested the best condition.

Can you expect that for a basic bullion coin at 5% premium inc shipping?

Considering they will sell loads of coins a day, is it realistic to expect them to check every bullion coin in detail for a small profit margin? They would need loads more staff and increase their prices.

Having said that, they will replace it no problem.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Can you expect that for a basic bullion coin at 5% premium?

NO at that price.It`s not a generic silver coin with unlimited mintage.I can not afford a roll of these every year

7 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Can you expect that for a basic bullion coin at 5% premium inc shipping?

Considering they will sell loads of coins a day, is it realistic to expect them to check every bullion coin in detail for a small profit margin? They would need loads more staff and increase their prices.

Having said that, they will replace it no problem.

don't copy me :unsure:

14 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Don't think I've ever said that to a dealer;)

I said hands up if u do ...........

anyway please send me a nice coin steve !!!!!! :D

ANOTHER "trial by forum" thread occurs here again [sigh} page 2 already, what was it last time a small charge for special delivery or something on a near zero profit item

No need for it. they will make it good and resolve it, Atkinson's have an impeccable reputation

The gold is real,  if coin condition is your 100% concern i would advise to buy in person at coin fair or over counter and take this experience as a lesson learned of what you might receive from ANY other bullion dealer when buying sight unseen over the web

1 minute ago, Paul said:

ANOTHER "trial by forum" thread occurs here again [sigh} page 2 already, what was it last time a small charge for special delivery or something on a near zero profit item

No need for it. they will make it good and resolve it, Atkinson's have an impeccable reputation

The gold is real,  if coin condition is your 100% concern i would advise to buy in person at coin fair or over counter and take this experience as a lesson learned of what you might receive from ANY other bullion dealer when buying sight unseen over the web

Honestly this is my first gold coin.I have a large silver coin collection like 1911 chinese silver dollar,Meiji silver yen,1887 crowns,5 francs 1849 and many other coins in UNC condition.I want 3 coins in excellent condition:the buffalo coin,1958 gold sovereign and 20 francs rooster.After I get these coins I will purchase only ''scrap''.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Honestly this is my first gold coin.I have a large silver coin collection like 1911 chinese silver dollar,Meiji silver yen,1887 crowns,5 francs 1849 and many other coins in UNC condition.I want 3 coins in excellent condition:the buffalo coin,1958 gold sovereign and 20 francs rooster.After I get these coins I will purchase only ''scrap''.

no alex ..... sometimes take a while to get a " good coin " and sometimes depends on the price u pay . for example 1911 Chinese empire dollar 1st you got to make sure it is genuine because 9 out of 10 is fake , and they have all sort of conditions and 32 variations known so far in that year , new coins doesn't mean perfect straight away if not all the coins will be ms70 ........ then no fun

10 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

no alex ..... sometimes take a while to get a " good coin " and sometimes depends on the price u pay . for example 1911 Chinese empire dollar 1st you got to make sure it is genuine because 9 out of 10 is fake , and they have all sort of conditions and 32 variations known so far in that year , new coins doesn't mean perfect straight away if not all the coins will be ms70 ........ then no fun

I have the Hot Flame / clear strike version of the dragon dollar.I must say the dragon details are very crisp and the coin is impresive .I`m positive it`s not a fake.Tested with magnet,weight,diameter ,sound and general look...all OK.My coin has a beautiful even toning

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

I will let you guys know how it went with them.I will be back!

Hopefully it will be resolved for you to your satisfaction!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I will let you guys know how it went with them.I will be back!

I'm sure it'll be fine mate, just forget about it and enjoy the holidays for now :)

It's always the right thing to do though on these sorts of threads to report back when it's all sorted out, as you say :)

1 hour ago, Xander said:

If you specifically requested their best possible condition then possibly the coin you received was the best condition they had. It could be a case of, you should see the rest of them.

Plausible lol but I would not buy such thing

6 hours ago, fehk2001 said:

The things i got you didn't need a loupe to see :P A near blind person could see it LOL.Maybe they tried to sell of pre-owned as new,or maybe just a mistake.

I sent mine back for new coins after xmas,So im sure they will sort yours out to :)

Couple of points,probably made above, so sorry to repeat if doing so.

Atkinsons customer relations are second to none in my experience,if they described the item as new and it was not that would be imo a genuine mistake on their part,unlike the common practices of some dealers I could mention, but will not because of libel/slander laws,always get those two mixed up, and am 100% confident that they will sort the matter out to your satisfaction.

Cant say I share the ops confidence in this buffalo being of numismatic value......have a few of em myself two slabbed at 69 and 70 and I only bought the slabbed ones because I was taking advantage of a seller who didnt have a clue about pricing, shocking behaviour on my part I know I gfeel guilty as hell about it, its all opinion but I dont see these coins as numismatic items but others are perfectly entitled to disagree.

Finally I would never consider Atkinsons as a place to seek out true numismatic coins,they very rarely handle any. Talking Sovereigns only here.Having said that you could argue that they are the first place you should look as its my view that they wouldnt notice a truly numismatic sovereiegn if you slapped em in the face with it and therefore you might be very lucky and get a real bargain from time to time.

I see them as a first class bullion dealer,grading is certainly not their forte and if willing to spend decent amounts of cash on numismatic coins unseen I feel you have to accept the risk of your idea of an extremely fine unc coin may well differ greatly from someone elses............said finally above so apologies, but Atkinsons have always been happy to send me photos of any coins I have asked for before I make a purchase or not and I think one should always ask for such, which again you will not get from a good many other dealers out there.

10 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

This is why I don’t use Atkinson’s, had a new queens beasts lion that was in a shocking state, their excuse is it’s bullion.     If they sold at bullion prices I’d understand

shoddy to me. Shouldn’t need good customer service if the product is as stated to begin with

Who sells gold Queens Beasts for less including shipping to a UK address ?
All my Beasts from Atkinsons arrived in great condition and no problems whatsoever other than I wish I had ordered caps at the same time.

26 minutes ago, Ravinella said:

I could mention, but will not because of libel/slander laws,always get those two mixed up

From what I recall libel is written, slander is spoken... But not sure whether it officially refers to publishing and how that might impact say podcasts, YouTube etc

Well we've had a few threads descend into total farce the last year since I joined, so might as well have have another one for Xmas lol :P

@Alex can rest easy over the hols knowing that a simple phone call when business starts again will likely resolve it all to his or her total satisfaction within hours if not minutes, and they've promised a follow up post :)

What more needs to be said?

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Who sells gold Queens Beasts for less including shipping to a UK address ?
All my Beasts from Atkinsons arrived in great condition and no problems whatsoever other than I wish I had ordered caps at the same time.

At the time when they first came you goldline and royal mint bullion had them cheaper and chards were the same price

Just ordered 10 x 2018 Sovereigns from Atkinsons based on the good feedback from here. I would be surprised if these arrive in rough condition but I'm manly interested in the bullion. 

I was watching the price edging up all day and got itchy fingers...

This will be my first gold order in over 10 years so pretty excited to get the delivery. :)

Archived