• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My Atkinsons Bullion Experience

Alex

I paid for 1 oz buffalo coin Friday and requested best condition,I even told them that I collect coins for their numismatic value.They did not deliver the coin Saturday nor Monday or Tuesday.I have tried to contact them Monday but they did not answer to my mails.Managed to contact them Tuesday and said they ''forgot'' to send my coin.I received my coin Wednesday but just discovered it has a small black hole just above the buffalo forehead.It is visible to the naked eye and under the magnifying glass  it looks like the ''Grand Canyon''.

I have sent an email to them and asked for a replacement ,I hope they will accept even if I have to pay for the postage.I am an avid collector and I must say that I am shocked how poor their service is.I pay a high premium for coins and I expect more than ''scrap gold''.It think it was pre-owned ,tested then sold as ''new''.

DSC_0690.JPG

DSC_0692.JPG

DSC_0696.JPG

DSC_0697.JPG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

I think most of us when we buy a coin  we will request best possible condition anyway ?

please hands up as well if you do 

Indeed,but I specifically told them what I want and expect to receive before I placed the order and that makes it very frustrating.

1 hour ago, DaveWheat89 said:

gold shouldn't tone, you have a pic?

Gold do tone :ph34r:  I got 2012 bullion with red dot last year from braid and co

i should say with copper contents more likely 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

Gold do tone :ph34r:  I got 2012 bullion with red dot last year from braid and co

i should say with copper contents more likely 

oh right, not owned gold long enough to find out, always heard that gold doesn't tone, is it the copper that tones in the 22ct etc. or does 999 gold tone too?

Mistakes happen, people are pretty useless in general, forgetful being one of the better traits :P - that said as a coin dealer Atkinsons have a good track record and they will sort you a new coin I would be very surprised if not. There are dealers where this specific mistake does happen a bit too frequently for my liking (sending out rubbish and charging a premium) but there are plenty of dealers to choose from should that become the case. 

10 hours ago, Alex said:

I paid for 1 oz buffalo coin Friday and requested best condition,I even told them that I collect coins for their numismatic value.

Does a modern 1 oz gold Buffalo have any numismatic value?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

6 minutes ago, Kman said:

Does a modern 1 oz gold Buffalo have any numismatic value?

I have seen some graded as MS70.It will have a numismatic value in the future.

Gold Buffalo Bullion Coin Mintage

Date 1 oz.
2006 337,012
2007 136,503
2008 189,500
2009 200,000
2010 209,000
2011 250,000
2012 100,000
2013 198,500
2014 180,500
2015* 220,500
2016* 219,500

10 minutes ago, Kman said:

Seems incredibly unlikely :ph34r:

https://www.gradedmoderncoins.com/2008-W-10-gold-buffalo-pcgs-ms70-p/08-10d-msb-pcgs.htm

Numismatic value is the price you can reasonably expect to receive through the sale of a circulated, un-circulated or proof coin from your collection.

This value is determined primarily by the scarcity of the coin, its condition, supply, and demand. Even coins with high issue rates can be scarce thereby increasing in demand. And the value of these coins is increasing over time as numismatic coins become harder and harder to find.

Archived