• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What If....?

etm42

When the financial system does 2008 again, at some point in the future, everything will fall, just like last time, at least initially. If you have cash ready there will be some bargains to be had in metals, if it plays out the same way. Which it should because nothing has changed. 

Put another way, buying gold in preparation for a crash is going to see one hurt on the paper price for the same reasons most think they will be saved by it. What follows who knows, but an ounce is an ounce. Worth getting some while we can? Last time physical dried up pretty quickly, because it was cheap. I think the same is likely - hence not sure about getting any real metal in the next event. 

Personally I think they are setting us up for a crypto "solution" after the crash.  Bitcoin is a beta test, and its already conditioning people to embrace a 100% digital, worldwide monetary system (backed by nothing of course).  Amazing how quickly even sound money folks jumped ship to chase digital wealth.  I can't blame them really, especially after hearing of bitcoin millionaires that bought in at $20. 

I started stacking for that very reason. SHTF. But the side effect you can collect and sell later for profit and buy more if **** doesn’t hit the fan.  I’m only buying new coins (nothing before 2015 unless it’s around the same cost as a new one). This way I’m not paying much over spot and in 10 years I can make a small profit and buy even more coins. 

With that being said I don’t get many silver eagles. They won’t turn a  big profit. I stick with coins from the Perth Mint mainly. 

10 hours ago, tbone said:

Personally I think they are setting us up for a crypto "solution" after the crash.  Bitcoin is a beta test, and its already conditioning people to embrace a 100% digital, worldwide monetary system (backed by nothing of course).  Amazing how quickly even sound money folks jumped ship to chase digital wealth.  I can't blame them really, especially after hearing of bitcoin millionaires that bought in at $20. 

It's very possible, I have seen Mr robot season 2. :P

Or perhaps crypto is drawing money away from gold the same way the paper markets and comex have been doing. I am not surprised by the uptake of crypto, it is entirely speculation and mania at this point and there are a thousand it's different this time arguments to draw people in. Meanwhile gold is of increasing interest on a sovereign level, we all know about China, Russia and Irans interests. Perhaps they would back a fiat crypto currency with gold revalued several times higher in today's dollar terms, but I can't see a world currency replacing the dollar as it stands, it is for too few nations advantage. 

On 14/12/2017 at 03:55, blackadder said:

if you're still alive and haven't just been murdered for your horde of gold and food :P

Jibbers! I was looking at diversifying my savings, having something pretty and a bit of Brexit insurance.

I'm pretty sure I'd be dead on day 2 of the apocalypse, probably clubbed to death in a Sainsbury's car park after trying to redeem my Nectar points.

Archived