• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 South Korea ZI:SIN Gallus 1 Oz Silver Bullion

999magnum

14 hours ago, swAgger said:

looked at an 'untubing' myself, must admit i do still like the overall look. The mottled frosting and incused lettering i really like. Reminded me of the 2012 UK olympics 5oz effect in that way.

But yeah, i have backed away from it too! It's really not an attractive come-get-me price over here, for a finish. Approx €10 over spot ($12). Too high a margin. That is in the region of the Rwandan wildlife/lunar which have a much better pedigree. (Although i think that margin is too much for those, too, as unlimited and undeclared mintages. But that's a whole other gripe/other thread! :))

Like you, i am still tempted just to get the single one of the ZI:SIN for personal collection, though, and probably will.

$12 over spot?! Is that what you deal with on a normal basis or is it this particular coin? That's just too much...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

$12 over spot?! Is that what you deal with on a normal basis or is it this particular coin? That's just too much...

No that wouldn't be the normal here in Europe, that's why on this particular one the ZI:SIN is now scratched off my list (as far as buying multiples). At the current rates, the normal premium range over spot this side of the great pond - taking averages say, a kookaburra would be 6 dollars. And the kook could be classed pretty much a mid range item. So other stuff would be a couple dollars lower or higher than that. Not many fresh-out-of-the-mint bullion coins ask a 12 dollar premium range. For me, i don't think it's a good value launch point for the ZI:SIN rounds, even with the 33k mintage.

3 hours ago, swAgger said:

No that wouldn't be the normal here in Europe, that's why on this particular one the ZI:SIN is now scratched off my list (as far as buying multiples). At the current rates, the normal premium range over spot this side of the great pond - taking averages say, a kookaburra would be 6 dollars. And the kook could be classed pretty much a mid range item. So other stuff would be a couple dollars lower or higher than that. Not many fresh-out-of-the-mint bullion coins ask a 12 dollar premium range. For me, i don't think it's a good value launch point for the ZI:SIN rounds, even with the 33k mintage.

Those guys are banking on it. Riding on the success of the 2016 Chiwoo, but it's a completely different type of coin and to make matters so much more disinteresting, I can't find any information on Zi: Sin, or Gallus.

4 minutes ago, Gedmunds said:

So have Komsco finished with the Chiwoo designs then? Seems strange for them to move on after the success of the 2016. Personally I really like the 2017 too. 

I like them both myself. I hope they keep up with the series.

2 hours ago, Bullionbilly said:

I think these are gorgeous ! Watched a few videos on you tube lately and they look even better on video/in hand.

Ill definately try and get hold if some

I'll know soon enough. Sometimes I need to hold the coin in my hand to appreciate it.

6 hours ago, 999magnum said:

They are still there except that the price is creeping up. $26.30 pay by check now.

Interesting to see if they are going to be another chiwoo 2016 or 2017 :D hopefully earn some fries money 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

12 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

The answer is : do u think they are earning money ? Then u will get the answer ;)

I don't know this business, and I don't pretend to know how to sway or motivate sales. All I can say is I buy what I like. Not one piece I own is purchased from an opinion or a forecast. The fact that I couldn't buy a 2016 Chiwoo for a decent price maddens me, but I won't cave in and buy an ounce of bullion silver for $99. It'd be different if I thought it was worth that price to me, but even with my desire to own one I would never pay that money. It's an obnoxious price for an ounce of new silver. So are they still making money? I see they are still up on ebay, but I can't tell how much they are doing or what the supply is. One thing is for sure though, in a situation such as this, when the price starts to drop it's a tell tale sign the gravy train ride is coming to an end.

1 hour ago, 999magnum said:

I don't know this business, and I don't pretend to know how to sway or motivate sales. All I can say is I buy what I like. Not one piece I own is purchased from an opinion or a forecast. The fact that I couldn't buy a 2016 Chiwoo for a decent price maddens me, but I won't cave in and buy an ounce of bullion silver for $99. It'd be different if I thought it was worth that price to me, but even with my desire to own one I would never pay that money. It's an obnoxious price for an ounce of new silver. So are they still making money? I see they are still up on ebay, but I can't tell how much they are doing or what the supply is. One thing is for sure though, in a situation such as this, when the price starts to drop it's a tell tale sign the gravy train ride is coming to an end.

What I mean is if the mint can sell all the coins they issue that means they are making money . If they are making money they will continue with more chiwoo and more mintage will be likely eg chiwoo 3rd coin , you earn money or not in the secondary market is irrelevant , their interest is to sell all the coins they make 

for secondary market I think of there is chiwoo 3/4/5/6/7/8 then the first coin should hold its value but not for 99 dollar (yet ) since you can get the chiwoo proof for similar sort of price 

so yes you will see chiwoo 3/4/5/6  , the series not finish yet 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2018 at 07:39, waston996 said:

Can you share some real image of it ??

I like it very much.In hands it looks different.Very very nice coin with nice details.This is my favourite bullion coin.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Archived