• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

silver krugerrand

Pac100

Is this the first of an ongoing series of a yearly silver ounce (just like Britannia and other gov mint bullion) or is it a one-off mintage in silver?

If it's the first of many, the hype will definitely die down towards spot value over time (and then pick up again after a lot of time).

Even if it's never to be minted again.. there's a million of the buggers.

Don't most coins like this have that down-up bell curve in value? Maybe not a bell, more of a dive and slow climb, like a Nike symbol Tick symbol bold:P 

In short, I wouldn't go anywhere near them yet. And I think I won't regret not getting one until many years yet.

2 hours ago, Jay2 said:

Is this the first of an ongoing series of a yearly silver ounce (just like Britannia and other gov mint bullion) or is it a one-off mintage in silver?

If it's the first of many, the hype will definitely die down towards spot value over time (and then pick up again after a lot of time).

Even if it's never to be minted again.. there's a million of the buggers.

Don't most coins like this have that down-up bell curve in value? Maybe not a bell, more of a dive and slow climb, like a Nike symbol Tick symbol bold:P 

In short, I wouldn't go anywhere near them yet. And I think I won't regret not getting one until many years yet.

No I think they said it was a one off mate but things can change I don't pay that sort of money for one coin but I had some spare cash so I just got it (just always buy britannia's for oz's )

2 hours ago, Pac100 said:

No I think they said it was a one off mate but things can change I don't pay that sort of money for one coin but I had some spare cash so I just got it (just always buy britannia's for oz's )

There was speculation that even though it was an anniversary edition it might be something they seek to continue, but after the way the last issue went I think they'd be mad, there is very little confidence in these (being generous!).

If you have a nice example (not spotted or dinged/scratched etc in the Proof's case) it's a nice thing to have and nothing more, imho. I have one myself.

12 minutes ago, kimchi said:

There was speculation that even though it was an anniversary edition it might be something they seek to continue, but after the way the last issue went I think they'd be mad, there is very little confidence in these (being generous!).

If you have a nice example (not spotted or dinged/scratched etc in the Proof's case) it's a nice thing to have and nothing more, imho. I have one myself.

I don't think they will have more selling point rather than 50th ..... but since their mintage is 1 million they only need to keep on issueing the current issues 

and these coins will eventually comes down to 20 quid a coin or less if there is quality issues e.g. milk spots 

why is that? cos people who have bought these realise they have got rip off by the mint and the dealer 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• 3 weeks later...

Took the plunge and bought a few of these silver Krugerrands.
Still quite expensive for a one ounce bullion coin but they are lovely.
Will be gutted if the price falls now and based on historic purchases more than likely - - :lol:

Anyone else buying these at the moment ?

5a47e0576cec6_SilverKrugerrand.thumb.jpg.2371b49698ec5c47b40ed26f0d259ae3.jpg

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Took the plunge and bought a few of these silver Krugerrands.
Still quite expensive for a one ounce bullion coin but they are lovely.
Will be gutted if the price falls now and based on historic purchases more than likely - - :lol:

Anyone else buying these at the moment ?

I bought two They are really nice coins,Be nice to have a stack of em But far to expensive atm really.

The closest I've gotten to one for now is a silver Suid-Afrika 5 Shillings, toned a burgundy-purple-teal shade (weird but pleasing). Similar design, same springbok. Cost me £9.

I'll wait for these silver krugerrands to drop a lot more and then buy them in tear-soaked flips  <_<  ..Was that too cruel?

They are one of my favorite coins. They can be had on Ebay for $36 each now. Still kind of high but even at a million mintage I think the value will increase over time when people wake up and realize this is a one time offering on these. Got a great deal on some mint sealed bags of 25!

p.jpg

I purchased one for £65 in the summer in my newbie enthusiasm. I'm so pleased with my success that I have set up a go fund me page to help me purchase 999magnums post where you can purchase 15 silver pandas for $49.99. (Check this out). Please feel free to contribute........ This time next year I'll be a millionaire.

• 2 months later...

For that they are pretty decent. I think it will be a few years till a significant hike upwards happens. But, if the proof version suddenly finds favour ( and seeing as most of them were sh ot to feck pristine ones are slim in number 15 k mintage ) then they might get a boost. 

With a mintage of 1m coins, these will be selling at spot + whatever you can get when the demand and supply curves settle down.

When the publicity (pump and dump)  started on these coins I was so looking forward to buying a few rolls until I saw the price! Then I bought none..

How can the price of these be justified with such a high mintage? Is there any other modern coin out there with such a high mintage that commands such  a premium over spot....

I think the SA Mint have been completely discourteous to coin collectors around the world in what they have done... but still a beautiful coin none the less.

My entry point is slowly coming into view on the horizon...

4 hours ago, phoenix said:

Now down to £24.09 on goldsilver.be - might pick one up in the group order at that price

I bought a couple of these at around this price earlier this year, they are beautiful coins and I intend to add a couple more.  

6 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I bought a couple of these at around this price earlier this year, they are beautiful coins and I intend to add a couple more.  

I have them on my list too, but I still think they going to fall further. Most retailers have plenty of stock....but might grab one on the group order in case

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

People talk as though a million mintage is high but compare it to the Pandas that started at 1.5 million in 2010 and is now at 8 million. Look at the premiums on those now. A 2010 Panda is running about $50. Even when the Pandas come out they are around $7 over spot and that's with a mintage of 8 million!  I'm on the other side of the fence. I think $35 will be the bottom, especially on a first release. Most people paid around $40+ for these so highly doubtful they will be letting them go at a big loss. But on another note has anybody heard anything about a 2018 silver Krugerrand offering? Heard a rumor there was talk at the worlds money fair but cant find any info on it.

It's a bullion coin with a basic design that is not meant to change.  I thought Freddie Kruger ? was supposed to be cheapest bullion gold coin.

I originally purchased a silver one but sent it back because it had an issue.  Think I was lucky now because it was too expensive.  Would have had sleepless nights.  Going for a ☕

Archived