• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How low can we go?

Having followed the herd when prices were predicted to go to the moon; I am now wondering whether to accumulate more as prices head south.
Once silver hits $5 per ounce my average will work out about right at today's prices.

Extrapolating historic charts is about as much use as picking lottery numbers avoiding the ones that were drawn the week before.

That also sounds good to me i was happy to buy at prices before so at new prices its even better. 

That is a gutter Pete if you don't mind me asking what price were you buying silver at :( 

I just feel their going to inflate the American market for sometime to come. 

It must be crazy if you study economics, I thought about it but surely all the fundamentals are well thrown out the window now :)) 

12 hours ago, JCRJM said:

That also sounds good to me i was happy to buy at prices before so at new prices its even better. 

That is a gutter Pete if you don't mind me asking what price were you buying silver at :( 

The chart sums things up nicely and remember to add the premium for silver coins as these are spot prices.

5a2bddf75c6b5_ScreenShot2017-12-09at12_47_52.png.090783868100598dda9cdc238adb888c.png

3 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

As a newbie can you guys tell me if and when Gold first hits a big low, say £700, does retail supply suddenly dry up initially or will the cheap stuff be out there ready to buy?

Chances are if gold dips much lower than it already has then you may find it impossible to purchase sovereigns etc.
You may have to buy Krugerrands or bars and dealers like Atkinsons and HGM will likely raise their premiums to compensate for the lower spot price.
Stackers and collectors may decide not to sell either because they believe the fall in price is temporary or they would sell at a loss.

7 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

As a newbie can you guys tell me if and when Gold first hits a big low, say £700, does retail supply suddenly dry up initially or will the cheap stuff be out there ready to buy?

Never noticed any shortages in 2014 or 15 when around that price although Mike Maloney would probably try to make you believe it. I think it would need to go sub $1000 now for supply issues to appear. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

Chances are if gold dips much lower than it already has then you may find it impossible to purchase sovereigns etc.
You may have to buy Krugerrands or bars and dealers like Atkinsons and HGM will likely raise their premiums to compensate for the lower spot price.

Yes, I notice HGM are down to just the 4 Ducat now!

the spread is currently up on trading gold at hgm.

cheapest sovereigns have a spread of 5%(3,-2).

gold bars have a spread of 6%(3,-3).

from what I remember hgm's stock of cheapest sovereigns

was more intermittent(flood, drought) during at least parts

of 2014-2015.

HH

Archived