• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Why we don't own bitcoin

BTC, bit coin- learning this is sort of like taking  college class. You have to master the topic which is changing rapidly- riddled with fraud and scams.

These guys stole the run up PMS should be having right now. In fact- if the powers that be let PMS rise there would be less interest in BTC.  Once they can put into place the same tools the manipulate the metals with- the ride will be over.

I will take it abit further... BTC is a religion-  not just college course material.

22 minutes ago, dixiesilvergirl said:

enjoying all of the input on the topic especially from those of you across the pond, I have a hard time wrapping my head around how stackers are buying into what seems to be just another banking scheme that puts your wealth into the hands of others

Your wealth is not in the hads of others though, there is nothing wrong with the blockchain it's always the exchanges that are the weak link as it's them that can get hacked, shut down by the government etc. which is why you never keep your cryptos on the exchange you buy them then move them off the exchange and keep them in your own possesion on a hard wallet and you only move them back onto the exchange the instant you decide to sell.

I would advise anyone who is sceptical just to put a small amount into the cryptos, something they could live with losing just to give them a bit of skin in the game and there is always the chance that you will increase your outlay massively.  There is a post on here from Highland Tiger who had £15 worth of Bitcoin he forgot about for a few years and it's gone up that much he's just bought 3x 1/10 gold coins which are around £105+ each these days.

I bought a Nano ledger S today to put away for christmas looking forward to it coming. 

From what I've seen it is very safe to store on. It'll be stored with my pms. So same risk of it being stole as them. 

Only thing that can go wrong is it breaking but i think if i have the keys stored i can get it back (don't quote me) or an EMP. (unlikely) 

12 hours ago, JCRJM said:

I bought a Nano ledger S today to put away for christmas looking forward to it coming. 

From what I've seen it is very safe to store on. It'll be stored with my pms. So same risk of it being stole as them. 

Only thing that can go wrong is it breaking but i think if i have the keys stored i can get it back (don't quote me) or an EMP. (unlikely) 

Correct.  You just need to write down the seed and keep that safe somewhere else.

The more I look at these futures exchanges the more I think they are going to get burned, Bitcoin is decentralised and operates 24/7 non stop, the CME and the NY exchange closes every Weekend and for the major holidays, consdering Bitcoin can go up double digit percentage points in a day (in 10 minutes even)  I can see the shorts continually getting slaughtered.

The banks have already said they don't think they can make money out of it. Still if there is a big wobble the ability to properly short will add balance to a market that up until futures has been driven entirely by greed. We need some fear, give the bears some tools and we might finally see the equilibrium that I am told about happening in the future some time and crypto being used as an actual currency instead of a tulip bulb. 

I had a good laugh at the story of the Dutch couple buying bitcoin with their house. History does like to repeat, but then perhaps it's different this time.

I had a problem before with coinbase too. 

I had bought a small amount of Bitcoin, litecoin and etherium. 

1 day I check my account on my phone and it said I have 0 BTC 0 LTC and 0 eth only the amounts I had in my euro wallet still showed. 

Then I opened my account on my PC and the BTC,LTC and eth were still there. 

Few days later also on my PC it said everything was gone, my phone also said 0-0-0 I had the account already several weeks maybe months without problem before. 

Then I downloaded the app and everything was still there. 

But I lost my trust and withrawed everything. This was 3 months ago, too bad if you look at what it gained... 

I didn't use any app,I just went to their website coinbase.com for buying cryptos or checking them.  I only had the app for 1 day to withdraw my money. Didn't remember what I downloaded. 

Feel pretty bad about selling them but I don't want to jump back in on these prices. I bought eth for 87 euro before and litecoin for 30 euro. 

Like any type of commodity or currency there will be winners and losers. The cash to buy and sell these virtual coins has to come from somewhere. When it crashes, and it will crash, (maybe tomorrow, maybe next decade), there will be people who will have lost everything, because they were too slow to get their money out. Now anyone who has had any dealings with bitcoin and the exchanges will know whilst it is easy to swap cash for bitcoins, it is a fricking nightmare swapping them back into cash. Exchanges seem to suddenly go offline when you want to sell during big price swings. Now when it comes time for the big sell, I can guarantee that the rush to get out of bitcoin, will create so much action that exchanges will crash, selling will be almost impossible and by the time you manage to sell what you have the price will be on the floor. 

Stupid question probably. But then again I ain't the smartest. Whith the prices and all you see for the stuff, is it like possible to say as example put 100€ in it and mess around to figure it out? Kind of Luke when you were a kid finding out about money?

7 minutes ago, airmac said:

Stupid question probably. But then again I ain't the smartest. Whith the prices and all you see for the stuff, is it like possible to say as example put 100€ in it and mess around to figure it out? Kind of Luke when you were a kid finding out about money?

Yes you can mate look into coinbase. Got a user friendly app that is easy to use and can be downloaded on smart phone.

Don't trade on Coinbase. The spreads and fees will eat into your profits or losses. Switch your bitcoin, eth and litecoin  to the gdax exchange that has lower fees and the spreads are tighter. You also set up limit buys, sells etc. just like you can with a brokerage account.

Archived