• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I forgot I had some bitcoins, now what do I do.....!

Ok, yes I know I've been away from the forum for a while, (still into my pm's, but not buying much recently). Anyway with bitcoin going through the roof, I thought I'd double check if I had any left. I know i swapped some for some pm's a few years back, but I always had this nagging feeling that I had a few fractions of a coin left, maybe a few quids worth. Took me a while to sort out my blockchain account. Luckily, I'd written down some passwords, and thankfully they worked. Anyway I digress, turns out i have over £350 worth left.

So what do i do now. Anyone got any recommendations, for gold sellers that take bitcoin, or how I can cashout this little windfall 

Hi ht welcome back hope you are well. 

I used bitgild to get my wealth out of the Internets as I couldn't get my bank verified. I've just got rid of what I had left into cash for the time being and will convert back later to buy some silver when volatility in tulip coin is less. This is the blow off top if there ever was one, it's quite beautiful. I feel lucky to have lived in a time in history to see one, they are rare things. All imo! 

Just ordered 3 x 1/10 Brits from Sharps Pixley. Now considering this morning I didn't even know I had some bitcoins, I'm happy to take the money and run. When I bought the bitcoin, I think in 2014, they were about £500 a coin, it's now gone to about £11k a coin. So these 3 x 1/10ths have cost me about  £15 in total. Hopefully I've dropped out at the top, but knowing my luck they'll hit £100K now

Memory is a bit hazy, it was 2014, don't forget. According to my limited records. I think I only had about 65 pounds worth at the time (0.16 of a coin), it wasn't doing anything spectacular, and if I remember rightly, I may have swapped most of it for a couple of silver coins off a member here. Ok, if I'd kept it I'd have had about £1,500, but I'm happy with what I made out of that initial few quid spent.

And I've still got 0.00030119 BTC left, so when it goes to £332 million a bit coin, I'll be a millionaire

This Bitcoin price rise is looking a little suspect to me, Bitcoin going up at a ridiculous rate while everything else goes down, this seems a bit whiffy to me and I would not be surprised if one of those big 30-40% hits was not far away as this looks decidedly banksterish.

I read that gdax was leading the way which indicates retail buying.  Over the past week or so Bitcoin articles have been everywhere, in print and online major portal homepage articles.  Even my mother in law was asking me about it the other day, of course I told her I sold all mine ages ago!

4 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

This Bitcoin price rise is looking a little suspect to me, Bitcoin going up at a ridiculous rate while everything else goes down, this seems a bit whiffy to me and I would not be surprised if one of those big 30-40% hits was not far away as this looks decidedly banksterish.

CNBC now has a dedicated live "bitcoin watch" showing the price fluctuations in real time.  And next week is their "bitcoin bonanza" where they dedicate most of their time to pumping cryptos.  What could possibly go wrong?  To da moon!!!!

Archived