• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is patience a virtue/ long wait for a coin.

Augustus1

should I request my money back or wait as I have waited so long anyway for ?

this Friday it will be two months from the day :unsure: I ordered a Libertad Siegesgöttin 2017 - 1/4 Oz Gold PP from silbertresor.de.

now obviously I am a newbie in coin collecting / stacking is this normal?, as clearly they did not have the coin in stock when I ordered and paid ( I was under the impression wrongly they did :() they are informing me the supplier is the problem ( mint?)

so is pacentce a virtue ?.

dean.m

gutted to be told although should have noted myself they are showing stock!, so far I have  mailed four times while I have been waiting + another tonight, been polite so far , but subject to the response I get to the one I sent tonight I will start getting shirty:D, if its no go I will demand money back,  and threaten bad press :D, will advise

dean.m

AFAIK they are an official distributor for Banco De Mexico.  Might have changed but they used to be listed on Banco De Mexico's website.  It was a few years ago when I saw it.  Their site shows 15 available with a lead time of 4 weeks.  Basically they have 15 on order but lead times are not always accurate.

so update today, I phoned the dealer, I am told while the stock is showing on the website , they have none, stock is subject to a delivery time ! must be in german small print! be warned ,

advised they are waiting on news from there supplier in Asia , as the coins come from Mexico via a contact in Asia (so clearly  not direct from the mint!)

so I advised had to be here  before Christmas  or its money back time , guy  was understanding , but just kept blaming supplier , but still not very professional way to do business IMO ?

dean.m

3 hours ago, Augustus1 said:

I am told while the stock is showing on the website , they have none, stock is subject to a delivery time ! must be in german small print! be warned ,

49 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Abit poor if they show it in stock,when they know its not.Would avoid problems like this for them.

Every item listed on their site shows the stock quantity and the lead time.  Price, tax rate, product number, lead time and then available quantity.

If it doesn't say "Nach Zahlungseingang" then it wasn't held in stock at the time of listing.

If you're not already using it, google chrome will translate text on the fly so comes in handy for foreign language sites.

9 minutes ago, morezone said:

Every item listed on their site shows the stock quantity and the lead time.  Price, tax rate, product number, lead time and then available quantity.

If it doesn't say "Nach Zahlungseingang" then it wasn't held in stock at the time of listing.

If you're not already using it, google chrome will translate text on the fly so comes in handy for foreign language sites.

oh right got ya :) Only took at quick look at the site on sunday.

to be honest it may well have indicated a lead time when I purchased it ( and if it did  while I recall 7-10 days poss as I did use google translate to make sure I was getting the correct coin) ,it was not 4 weeks as now!), also not sure they would have too many sales if they told correct /advertised  lead times of two months  and counting!. excitement has passed now for this and don't mind if it does not come and I get my money back and will stick to sovs :D

dean.m

2 hours ago, morezone said:

Or you could simply learn the language like i did although not by choice  :D

32 minutes ago, airmac said:

Or you could simply learn the language like i did although not by choice  :D

I've forgotten most of it but back in the days of the old Astra satellite I learnt quite a bit just by watching the German football shows. Not so much by the show 'Tutti Frutti' which was most appreciated by this 15/16 year old (now watch as no-one has a clue what that is.....)

1 hour ago, metallica73 said:

I've forgotten most of it but back in the days of the old Astra satellite I learnt quite a bit just by watching the German football shows. Not so much by the show 'Tutti Frutti' which was most appreciated by this 15/16 year old (now watch as no-one has a clue what that is.....)

ah yes, I remember the days of analogue satellite. There were some interesting German channels:P

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

10 hours ago, metallica73 said:

i certainly remember tutti frutti , never did understand wtf was going on but you didnt really need to

tutti frutti ? anything like euro trash ??:lol:

any way looks like money back time and , buy some sovs for Christmas, e mail from silbertresor.de.

dean.m

we get an respond from our importeur of the gold libertad proof coins 2017.
Bad news. He can´t say when he get the coins or when we get it.
Today the whole order of gold proof Libertads 2017 are in mexico.

We called yesterday aboaut your order.
If you want we can cancel the your order and send you the money with paypal back.
Please respond to this mail if we should do that.
Sorry but we don´t know when we get the coins......

Best regards,
Martin Schönberger

Archived