• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

what is your best silver bargain

craig12

just wondered what your best silver bargain was you bought , mine was simply  coins I purchased at £12 each inaround 2014 from an e bay seller whodidnt live too far away  all tested genuine, I could never really work out why he would do £12 per coin  , it went along the lines of  ill do you  4  coins for  £55 and id say ill go £48 and wed agree a deal  I bought some suriname coins and a 1986 maple  at this price , I really liked this stacker  who sold for less than the dealers , I also bought 5 carded brits for £80 in original packaging , the seller said don't sell em craig one day there'll be worth more than this one day ,  ohh I almost forgot   bagged a 5 oz pamp siver bar with certificate and protective case for £90   and I managed to get 4 mike Maloney rounds for £68 I think 

I once bought a stack of 2 and 8 reales from a scrap dealer at 15% over scrap value. He would have just melted them. Suffice to say they went a long way to adding to my stack after I found new homes for the lot. 

I also bagged a 10 oz Shipwreck bar off the same guy. This is what it is https://www.londonmintoffice.org/silver-coins/wwii-silver/gairsoppa-silver-bar The value of these in auction is worth way more than I paid from them. 

Couple of weeks ago managed to grab 2 2016 Christmas Silver sixpence still in cards for £3 each. Those sell on eBay for over £35

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Those 2oz Niue Hawksbill Turtles from back in 2015 when spot price was £9.63 an oz, looking back through my spreadsheet they were by far my best buy @ £23.20 each and I only bought 6 of them, I should have bought as many tubes of them as I could as today a 1oz silver Niue Turtle sells for more than this on Ebay.

Just now, Scuzzle said:

Those 2oz Niue Hawksbill Turtles from back in 2015 wheh spot price was £9.63 and oz, looking back through my spreadsheet they were by far my best buy @ £23.20 each and I only bought 6 of them, I should have bought as many tubes of them as I could as today a 1oz silver Niue Turtle sells for more than this on Ebay.

Bargain! Thos 2oz Turtles are underrated...

2 hours ago, oliversw5 said:

Bargain! Thos 2oz Turtles are underrated...

Bought 320 of these in December 2015 for my foundation at £23.24 each but my bargain buy in 2015 was the Kangaroo at £11. 43 each :)

41 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

A 1905 Halfcrown, bought for €1250, sold for £2500, the 1860 Halfpenny i bought was a better bargain, but that's copper and not silver

I think copper coins/ brass coin do better than silver/ gold coins in terms of bargains most of the time 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived