• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

MrGeorge

What would you buy next ?

On 04/12/2017 at 07:49, MrGeorge said:

Yea i get only spend what you can afford to lose. The way im seeing it im going to get a full bitcoin this week its $11k if i lose it all it will just annoy me more than anything it wont have any impact on my family but if it does take off it could seriously impact my family for the better. Also my father in law is a right glass half empty type of guy and was hell bent on talking me out of it last night lol so im buying one just to piss him off :)

Tell me you bought one :) 

7 hours ago, JCRJM said:

Tell me you bought one :) 

Lol i put £3200 into it and going to put £3000 each month for the next few months. Not buying anymore gold the now. Also bought some IOTA and seen a nice profit already 

7 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

Lol i put £3200 into it and going to put £3000 each month for the next few months. Not buying anymore gold the now. Also bought some IOTA and seen a nice profit already 

A guy at work bought some IOTA from a start price of 0.30 cent

Also when I bought my bitcoin ended up getting charged a 3% fee is that right ? Seen people say there fees are 0.25% or is that for something else maybe selling fees ? Still dont have a clue whats going on.

2 hours ago, MrGeorge said:

Also when I bought my bitcoin ended up getting charged a 3% fee is that right ? Seen people say there fees are 0.25% or is that for something else maybe selling fees ? Still dont have a clue whats going on.

Not sure exactly how it works, but it might be a CC fee or a currency fee, coinbase takes a cut for buying as well as selling

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Not sure exactly how it works, but it might be a CC fee or a currency fee, coinbase takes a cut for buying as well as selling

I seen that boom in iota i didnt even have a clue about it till i seen it in the top 10 looking on twitter it looks like it made some millionaires 😮 Yeh coinbase has pretty terrible fees like i bought £20 in bitcoin the fee is £1.50.

if you ever become skilled enough u can buy on exchange like poloniex or gdax but i truly cannot use them :)) i have sat and tried and watched videos but i havent got it yet. 

1 hour ago, JCRJM said:

I seen that boom in iota i didnt even have a clue about it till i seen it in the top 10 looking on twitter it looks like it made some millionaires 😮 Yeh coinbase has pretty terrible fees like i bought £20 in bitcoin the fee is £1.50.

if you ever become skilled enough u can buy on exchange like poloniex or gdax but i truly cannot use them :)) i have sat and tried and watched videos but i havent got it yet. 

I signed up to Poloniex and I haven't got a clue how you work it, I thought it would just be like Coinbase with more choice of cryptos.

I find that Bittylicious is often a cheaper place overall to buy than Coinbase.  You've also got the advantage with Bittylicious of having the coins you purchase sent straight to a wallet you have on an exchange such as Bittrex - saves having to pay another fee when transferring from Coinbase to the other exchange.

Or if I'm keeping the coin I just have Bittylicious send it directly to my Ledger Nano S hardware wallet.

Edited by Goldhooked

Yeh i have no clue with poloniex you need to put buy and sell orders but its fast i will look into bittylicious.

any of you see nicehash got took for 65 million last night still sitting in a wallet its now worth 73 million. Sadly lost £110 of mined money still nothing compared to what some will have lost :(

1 minute ago, JCRJM said:

any of you see nicehash got took for 65 million last night still sitting in a wallet its now worth 73 million. Sadly lost £110 of mined money still nothing compared to what some will have lost :(

I only started researching mining this morning.  Found nicehash recommended on a few forums and then saw their website was down with the message!

6 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I only started researching mining this morning.  Found nicehash recommended on a few forums and then saw their website was down with the message!

Yes now im mining ethereum from nanopool.org

if you go on nicehash twitter in the comments on their latest post people have posted the wallet address of the hacker if u type it in on the blockchain it shows u it has just over 4400 bitcoins sitting there.

14 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Yes now im mining ethereum from nanopool.org

if you go on nicehash twitter in the comments on their latest post people have posted the wallet address of the hacker if u type it in on the blockchain it shows u it has just over 4400 bitcoins sitting there.

Nothing they can do about it though I guess?  Such is the nature of crypto!

Have you invested much in your mining hardware?  I'd like to get in to it but don't really know where to begin, or if its even worth trying.

1 minute ago, Goldhooked said:

Nothing they can do about it though I guess?  Such is the nature of crypto!

Have you invested much in your mining hardware?  I'd like to get in to it but don't really know where to begin, or if its even worth trying.

So the first computer we have bough cost us £1300. We learned buying computers is profitable but take too long to make back investment we were making about£ 3.50 a day from that. Now were mining on nanopool with the computer you can check it out here https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0xd5dc39c122360c202d810b96b85ba585b90f641f

We have bought two antminers which are both the January batch. Costing £2700 total. I saywe because its a joint venture with my friends. 

The antminer s9 last time I checked makes £680 a month but that was when bitcoin was at about £10k

The antminer L3 last time checked paid £550 a month again when bitcoin was £10k 

the s9 mines bitcoin and the L3 mines litecoin. 

so after roughly 3 months we should be mining pure profit with them. 

Looking to keep our profits in coins and hopefully add more antminers throughout the year. 

6 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

So the first computer we have bough cost us £1300. We learned buying computers is profitable but take too long to make back investment we were making about£ 3.50 a day from that. Now were mining on nanopool with the computer you can check it out here https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0xd5dc39c122360c202d810b96b85ba585b90f641f

We have bought two antminers which are both the January batch. Costing £2700 total. I saywe because its a joint venture with my friends. 

The antminer s9 last time I checked makes £680 a month but that was when bitcoin was at about £10k

The antminer L3 last time checked paid £550 a month again when bitcoin was £10k 

the s9 mines bitcoin and the L3 mines litecoin. 

so after roughly 3 months we should be mining pure profit with them. 

Looking to keep our profits in coins and hopefully add more antminers throughout the year. 

Thanks, that's useful info.  Do you know how much it increases the electric bill by roughly?

Just now, Goldhooked said:

Thanks, that's useful info.  Do you know how much it increases the electric bill by roughly?

For my computer running 24 hours a day it increased ours by £50 over 3 months.

the reason we are doing it as a group venture is because one of my friends at his house do not pay electricity.

i dont know the ins and outs of why not but thats why he is helpful.

So that is where we are putting the antminers and our electricity bill will be 0. 

Before nicehash went down you could check the profitability and electriciry bill of what machine you were using but im sure other websites will also have a calculator.

coinwarz might be a helpful website.

Been reading quite a bit on crypto in general today and i think bitcoin will rise quite a bit still before some other better crypto comes along and takes over but what will happen to gold long term ? I dont believe bitcoin is the future but crypto currency definitely is and gold will go to **** just my opinion of course but what do others think that have invested in crypto?

1 minute ago, MrGeorge said:

Been reading quite a bit on crypto in general today and i think bitcoin will rise quite a bit still before some other better crypto comes along and takes over but what will happen to gold long term ? I dont believe bitcoin is the future but crypto currency definitely is and gold will go to **** just my opinion of course but what do others think that have invested in crypto?

I like to put my profits into metal.

i dont know if any of you have seen any of the series black mirror. I believe one day we will all have a chip with our currency balance on us at all times. In black mirror they represent it as people cycling everyday to earn money and it adds it to their balance. Its on netlfix quite enjoyable.

i think if the system wasnt rigged pms will come back but you look at all the indicators and i just dont know.

everytime you think they cant possibly go lower they do :( 

You might hate me- but here goes.

Put only cash you can afford to lose in BTC.  Do not bet the farm.  You purchased a lovely stack- you can hold it- you own it.   One day a fat finger crash is going to wipe many out.  So have fun- but dont bet widow/orphans last bowl of porridge on bit coin

I would also be wary of Bitcoin as the price is currently seeing a correction and it's long over due.

I definitely don't think it's a good idea to avoid cryptos, they could become worthless or they could be the future of money. It's worth investing some capital in them in case of the later. Research the top 10 coins and maybe avoid Bitcoin for now or if you do decide to buy perhaps dollar cost average.

Purchased 1000 Ripple today but I'm annoyed as I've been eying NEM for days now and today it's gone up almost 200%.. :(

My worry with cryptos lies in the vulnerability of the technology.  I personally know 3 people who've had money stolen. I don't know the ins and outs of cryptos, but I would be worried at pilling all my money in as some experts advocate.  In a SHTF senario your could see prolonged power cuts and Internet infrastructure go down. What then for those who have all their money in crypto?  You can't buy a weeks shopping without a form of physical barter. I know sone who've sold all their gold and silver for crypto.  Crypto should be treated like a speculation at best, a quick money maker,  but imo not a long term hold.