• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

So I was just watching...

So I was just watching a documentary on about the Hatton gardens raid (which happened many years ago) imagine buying some gold/silver of any amount and then bamn.... it's robbed buy 4 oaps 

Still gonna have a look at hgms site see what's on offer 

I guess oaps aren't as innocent as they seem 

YouTube "the last job" 

:P

1 minute ago, Jordie said:

So I was just watching a documentary on about the Hatton gardens raid (which happened many years ago) imagin buying some gold/silver of any amount and then bamn.... it's robbed buy 4 oaps 

Still gonna have a look at hgms site see what's on offer 

I guess oaps aren't as innocent as they seem 

YouTube "the last job" 

:P

Most safe deposit boxes have standard insurance of £10,000 and you can buy insurance premium over and above that.  i can insure mine up to £500k in mine if needed

Collective coverage of all x500+ vaults boxes must have an insurance cover in the £25million plus range

Have digital PDF scanned copies of all of your gold invoices & bank statements for purchases over the years on a usb stick or stored in a gmail account away from your 

The Hatton Garden was vault was built way back in the 1930s/1940s i recall

Modern safe deposit facilities would have far superior security systems, motion sensors etc.

Like anything dont have all your eggs in one basket, some at home some in safe deposit, some in bullionvault/goldmoey, some in cyrtpos, some cash, some pension, some in bank, some in premium bonds, some in stocks.  one goes tits up and you are covered.

Good doc recommendation by the way

Archived