• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Stolen goods - please read

mrgristle

8 minutes ago, Pipers said:

If you let the insurers know what you have then it can be confiscated too. If you have paid your tax then you should not be taxed again on a collection or collectible but i for one do not trust the Treasury on this matter.   

I don't trust the Treasury, the Government or Banks either.

The difference between having your stack split across multiple properties and locations (known only to you in terms of exactly where it is, but still insured) is enormous imvho.

I can't imagine insurance companies sending out suits with metal detectors and spades if the SHTF, but leave it in a bank box and when the government shuts the bank it's definitely lost.

I prefer to trust my garden.

2 minutes ago, kimchi said:

I prefer to trust my garden.

Oh so that's where you've hidden it :ph34r: You remember when they were going to take peoples savings from the banks in cyprus..So it's not so tinfoil hat as most people think.

17 minutes ago, blackadder said:

Oh so that's where you've hidden it :ph34r: You remember when they were going to take peoples savings from the banks in cyprus..So it's not so tinfoil hat as most people think.

Some of it, maybe :ph34r: Tinfoil hat lmao, you should have seen the chaos and fighting in the supermarkets here when there was a lettuce shortage for just a day or two a few months ago...a lettuce (ffs - no nutrional value whatsoever) and folk were coming to blows in the supermarket as soon as the doors opened...never mind Black Friday.

I did have a laugh at a video the other day where some guy suggested burying it where a shadow from a rock outcrop etc would only cast a shadow at the exact moment once a year to show the spot. Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Lord of the Rings and Sherlock Holmes lol.

This guy's got it all sussed though haha:

3 hours ago, Pipers said:

Its hard to get insurance for bullion at home in most of the UK!  I feel sorry for you.  I hope you had your jewelery insured.  

I would say most keep there bullion in safety deposit boxes etc

It’s not that hard.  After reading this thread I checked with my insurer and I was already covered under the valuables section of my contents insurance.

23 minutes ago, Pipers said:

Are you sure

Positive!  I phoned them up this week and asked and they checked with the underwriter.  Didn’t even have to give them a list of what I own.  I’ve just taken photos of everything and kept records /invoices of purchases so I have evidence if I ever needed to claim.

5 hours ago, Kman said:

Maybe the forum should have a competition? "Hide the sovereign"

Who can hide a sovereign in the most creative place (home setting of course) 

What a mad funny idea i love it :D  will start it off sellotape behind a picture 

17 hours ago, Goldhooked said:

Positive!  I phoned them up this week and asked and they checked with the underwriter.  Didn’t even have to give them a list of what I own.  I’ve just taken photos of everything and kept records /invoices of purchases so I have evidence if I ever needed to claim.

This will only be for a small amount though, i think 20-25k is the limit even for AXA (who don't mind PMs)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2017 at 16:56, blackadder said:

They did take the money. 

Everything over 100k deposited in the Bank of Cyprus took a 60% haircut. The remaining 40 was converted into shares in, you guessed it, the Bank of Cyprus. There was other outcomes for depositors at different banks too, none good. State robbery. 

All this was done on the orders of the ECB and IMF otherwise they wouldn’t get the bail out for the country. That’s what happens when you cede power to supranational institutions and you don’t control your money, laws or borders. So glad we (UK) are leaving the EU. 

Also it won’t be your precious metals they come for first. That involves a bit of effort. They’ll raid your pensions (again) or levy a punitative tax on your home. Easy for them to do and hard for you to avoid.  

Majority of people are sleepwalking straight into this aswell. I got accepted for a credit card from Tesco Bank today (to buy PM). :) The interest on balances transferred to it is 0% for 2 years. The fee for transferring the balance O%. No catches. The banks are taking on return free risk again. It’s a no brainer for me but we all know how this plays out for them. So keep stacking folks.  

Got sympathy with the guy who got robbed. Hope he gets something back.

Hi im really sorry for your loss all i can say is go to all the cash your gold shops and jewellers in at least a 15 mile radius with a list of all the items taken and contact all big bullion dealers. The thief will ether not really know what they have taken and will sell the lot of it for a few hundred pounds or they will try and get full price for it and that is a lot of silver to sell so try the big bullion dealers as who ells can buy all of that and also keep an eye on ebay. And your best using a safe as miss direction and keeping your stash under the floor boards or get an old post office or pub safe from the 50s a couple of hundred on ebay 

Archived