• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How ridiculous is this getting?

buckeyecoins

14 hours ago, buckeyecoins said:

It's getting to the point where I could send in my wrist watch and they would take my money, grade it, and put it in a slab.

If it hits MS70 I will make you an offer. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

If it hits MS70 I will make you an offer. 

There are people who collect watches, and for all I know there may already be a third party company that assesses the condition and gives it a grade.  I wouldn't be surprised.

25 minutes ago, Kman said:

British sci-fi is awful, unwatchable, minus Red Dwarf 

Have you ever watched Sapphire & Steel? It's more of a paranormal mystery but it's definitely in the sci-fi category. Very moody series. Also very old now (especially the intro) but the writing doesn't really age.

1 hour ago, Kman said:

British sci-fi is awful, unwatchable, minus Red Dwarf 

Nonsense Sir, how very dare you!  B7 is classic.... better than 90% of US Sci-Fi even with wobbly sets!

1 hour ago, Jay2 said:

Have you ever watched Sapphire & Steel? It's more of a paranormal mystery but it's definitely in the sci-fi category. Very moody series. Also very old now (especially the intro) but the writing doesn't really age.

S&S is superb and the railway station episode gave me nightmares as a kid.  Cannot believe that aired at 7pm.

Blakes 7 is awesome! I may have to finally catch up on the whole lot after all these years!

7 minutes ago, metallica73 said:

S&S is superb and the railway station episode gave me nightmares as a kid.  Cannot believe that aired at 7pm.

You're lucky you didn't see Chocky (or Chocky's Children, even worse) as a young'un in the 80s at teatime, jeepers creepers! :o

When's the last time you guys watched these shows though?

I remembered the movie Highlander being good as a boy, I watched it the other year now as an adult, oh god it was soooo terrible lol I couldn't believe how bad it was

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

9 minutes ago, Kman said:

I remembered the movie Highlander being good as a boy, I watched it the other year now as an adult, oh god it was soooo terrible lol I couldn't believe how bad it was

I enjoy Blakes 7 and 60s/70s Doctor Who now (City of Death has to be one of the best pieces of British SF TV ever). Hitchhikers - brilliant!

Some stuff ages well and some doesn't imho - the original Star Trek is still great for me, TNG often pretty bad though it seemed alright at the time.

If anyone's 'from the 80s' and remembers The Adventure Game the episodes up on Youtube are a must imo - brilliant stuff!

Just now, kimchi said:

I enjoy Blakes 7 and 60s/70s Doctor Who now (City of Death has to be one of the best pieces of British SF TV ever). Hitchhikers - brilliant!

Some stuff ages well and some doesn't imho - the original Star Trek is still great for me, TNG often pretty bad though it seemed alright at the time.

If anyone's 'from the 80s' and remembers The Adventure Game the epsidoes up on Youtube are a must imo - brilliant stuff!

Id never heard of Blakes 7,  just watched a bit of it on youtube, the atmosphere of it seems quite depressing 

I never liked Doctor who, soooo corny and camp

I could still watch The Next Generation today and enjoy it, apart from Wesley Crusher who was the most annoying child actor I've ever witnessed. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

52 minutes ago, Kman said:

Ah good old Highlander. Even though my heart wants it to stay as good as i thought back then, yes, agree that one hasn't aged well at all after seeing it a couple years ago. Queen's involvement meant much more to me at the time, i think. That probably 'lifted' my memory of the film.

As for Wesley, the whole Crusher clan were annoying. Beverley was one whining dame. Fond memories of Tasha Yar though.....

Never once saw an episode of Doctor Who but i do remember i thought Torchwood was decent (spin off wasn't it?)

Voyager was my favourite personally. Enterprise i couldnt stand...

Discovery is pretty good, apart from they seem to be trying to please everyone by shoehorning people in. Each to their own i suppose.

I cant believe no one has mentioned Babylon 5....a hugely under rated show with a whole consistent storyline throughout the different series. 

6 minutes ago, lightjaw said:

Voyager was my favourite personally. Enterprise i couldnt stand...

Discovery is pretty good, apart from they seem to be trying to please everyone by shoehorning people in. Each to their own i suppose.

I cant believe no one has mentioned Babylon 5....a hugely under rated show with a whole consistent storyline throughout the different series. 

Discovery wouldn't be so bad,if they didn't change so much from the older treks.

It's abit like watching babylon 5 mixed with star trek :huh:

1 hour ago, lightjaw said:

I think I was biased against Babylon 5, always felt like a Star Trek knock off, I was too biased to give it a chance

What about Farscape anyone? 

5 hours ago, Kman said:

apart from Wesley Crusher who was the most annoying child actor I've ever witnessed. 

"Shut up, Wesley!" :D 

And yes, I mentioned S&S because I'm actually rewatching it this week on YouTube. 

But if you're looking for something like TNG (I loved that too) then this isn't really anything similar at all. Have you tried Orville, the new Seth MacFarlane comedy take on trekkie shows? It actually has a lot of heart to it, and character development, and a bunch of feel-good human morality going on. Plus some crude informality which is pretty funny.

15 hours ago, Kman said:

I think I was biased against Babylon 5, always felt like a Star Trek knock off, I was too biased to give it a chance

What about Farscape anyone? 

Farscape did ok as it was different,Farscape was abit like that lex show.

1 hour ago, 999magnum said:

I might kill this thread, but anybody remember Buck Rogers? I might be showing my age a bit.

Never heard of it, looks very Star Wars though, was it done to try and capitalize or star wars success? 

7 hours ago, 999magnum said:

I might kill this thread, but anybody remember Buck Rogers? I might be showing my age a bit.

Magnificent show (as I remember it from my childhood, anyway). THAT opening and Erin Gray - I rest my case yer h'nor.

A lot of stuff hasn't aged that well. I'd argue a lot of Doctor Who definitely has because a lot of young fans of the new series age only love the old stuff too, so it's not just my rose-tinted specs (plus half the orginal run was aired before I was even born, but I love a lot of what I've seen).

5 hours ago, Kman said:

Never heard of it, looks very Star Wars though, was it done to try and capitalize or star wars success? 

Never heard of Buck Rogers? :o Ye gads - as famous as the likes of Zorro and Flash Gordon for me! Goes back to the late 20s, with an early 50s TV show. You're right though, the later revival was inspired by Star Wars (as was the Flash Gordon film I'm sure).

5 hours ago, Kman said:

Maybe, even though the story line is completely different. Watching Buck Rogers as a kid was unbelievable. Then the TV series started and it was the biggest thing for a while.

edit* Yes the Buck Rogers I'm talking about is the one done later in the 70s.

Archived