• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1/10 gold coins

mrbritish1976

6 minutes ago, mrbritish1976 said:

I'm leaning towards investing in gold

Funds allow a 1/10 coin and rest to buy a few Oz of silver.

I just can't make my mind up on half sovereign, 1/10 bullion coins krugerrands or to go for a full sovereign or 1/4 coin every other month.

Someone put me out of my misery

I have both half sov and 1/10 brit. I like the look of the brit better. both should be easy to sell as well. So its a toss up :)) I prefer full sov if you can wait.

19 minutes ago, mrbritish1976 said:

There does not seem to be much love for krugerrands on the forum

Not sure why

I could be wrong but I think it's because it's the most basic bullion with the same (if iconic) design and nothing to stand out really, so there's not much to discuss! You won't see anyone discussing 1oz gold Britannias for the same reason. It's perhaps like going on a stamp collecting forum and talking about a standard stamp! The silver anniversary Krugs did get a lot of interest on here because it was a total one off and something new.

Also for all sorts of reasons it may be a better bet saving up and going for a Sov. It depends on your reason for investing and your exit strategy (if you have one) really.

But at 1/10 for slightly higher premiums (if you keep your eyes open for good deals) there are arguably much more attractive/interesting coins.

That said I have always wanted at least one Krug myself for the iconic design, it's a must have for me, so many congrats on your first purchase! :)

11 minutes ago, mrbritish1976 said:

Yes I think I have been won over by sovereigns although would still like A collection of all the size krugerrands

Maybe one day ?

That would be really nice, I certainly wouldn't mind one of those myself (though heart ruling over head there) - but still, if we don't enjoy our collection there's not much point (again only imvho!) :)

I would go for a 1/4oz every other month, but at the end of the day it all depends on price. If you can find 1/10oz or 1/2 Sovs for the same or less of a percentage above spot then the 1/4 or full Sov then there is no reason not to jump on it! It's all about the lowest premium you can find at the time when you feel like spending some cash.

Archived