• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold bar buying advice

moody10k

9 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

The truth is anything can be faked ! Buy from trusted sellers amd hopefully you'll be ok. On the other hand, someone buying privately from you in the future is in the same predicament as you, is it fake... is it not ? 

yeee... sad but true. my plan is to sell to shop after 15 - 20 years or private. After all i can buy gold or silver online, i trade forex- but in this time, i keep in mind if you dont hold it, you dont own it. After all, my humble opinion is that gold will go to 2000-5000 dollars/oz in next 10- 20 years. Just the matter of time, all markets are in ballon. Maybe we will see some action in december, when some of the big players sell their BTC.

1 minute ago, kimchi said:

I'm still perfecting my forged BYB bars as we speak.

The problem is fully rinsing the chocolate bits off the KitKat wrappers, but I think I have an idea :):ph34r:

Hats off if you manage to forge a bar ?

But I have three added layers of protection - 1st, even I don't know what I am doing sometimes and am hopeless at recreating results...2nd my hallmark and 3rd I religiously photograph every piece I make!

On that note I am working on a 2017 "photo portfolio" book of my items such that it can act as a verification tool.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

7 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

I would have thought the tough bit was creating ripples not just creases.

Nah, the reverse writing for the quality promo pics for the mirror finish pieces. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

10 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Hats off if you manage to forge a bar ?

But I have three added layers of protection - 1st, even I don't know what I am doing sometimes and am hopeless at recreating results...2nd my hallmark and 3rd I religiously photograph every piece I make!

On that note I am working on a 2017 "photo portfolio" book of my items such that it can act as a verification tool.

I love the bit in bold, great stuff - and it's stuff like this that makes art works such as your own so special!

The verification tool/portfolio sounds like a fantastic idea! :)

7 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Gimmi a shout if you need a hand ! ;)

Well, I am getting a bit sick of KitKats to say the least. So if I could send them up to you and you sent the foils back I'd be very grateful, we could do it on SD perhaps at my cost?

2 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

I would have thought the tough bit was creating ripples not just creases.

That bit is already sorted! I haven't patented my technique yet so I don't want to give much away, but let's just say if you have a first floor window overlooking a garden and a full bladder the results are remarkable B)

6 minutes ago, kimchi said:

The verification tool/portfolio sounds like a fantastic idea! :)

I have plans for it to be a kind of arty style photo book with a little bit of information all about me and how I got started. You look back across the whole last 18 months of making silver you can really see the difference.

Thought it would make a fun way for people to have a pretty photo book, verification tool and also a way to support Backyard Bullion.

Would professionally do it through Amazon self publishing to make it look great.

As a bit of market research would this be of interest!?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have plans for it to be a kind of arty style photo book with a little bit of information all about me and how I got started. You look back across the whole last 18 months of making silver you can really see the difference.

Thought it would make a fun way for people to have a pretty photo book, verification tool and also a way to support Backyard Bullion.

Would professionally do it through Amazon self publishing to make it look great.

As a bit of market research would this be of interest!?

To me that sounds absolutely fantastic!

I imagine a book with writings on one side of many pages, really glossy full page photos opoosite many of those, and a proper wooden hardback cover.

Probably not possible through Amazon (?) but you could do a smaller paperback (A5?) as a reference guide and then the 'main event' in keeping with your homemade (artisan) style, which is your signature imho, and I'd happily pay £20 or so for the latter, having bought into your bars and a commission which I've given as gifts. My sister you made the custom mirrored heart piece for has no interest in PMs at all, yet she was fascinated by your stamps and the assay marks etc on her present. She would have loved a simple brochure at the same time for perhaps between a fiver and a tenner (?) showing pouring and the steps involved, and I didn't buy her the vid only because I know she'd have looked at it once and then forgotten about it (to be fair she has three young 'uns so she has enough on her plate!). A nice glossy brochure or even leaflet she would have kept for life and returned to occasionally with happy memories, as opposed to this disposable digital iphone shite that people only look at once.

You have a good camera and a great eye, and you've photographed everything (superb call!) so just throwing ideas out but I think you have some real mileage in at least a glossy brochure showing the process.

Archived