• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bonds/ metals

I have never been a fan of long-term, time-dependent, investment vehicles. This includes Bonds, IRA and 401(k)'s. The reason is it limits your ability to take profits, lack of liquidity and can have required withdraw's, which can force you to take huge losses. We saw a lot of this in the 2008 crisis. Many people had their life savings in stocks and bonds, only to see their retirement fund vanish, with no chance to stop it.

I have no problem with short-term government debt investments. I am a big fan of T-bills and notes. 

That being said; I am noticing the inevitable down turn from the record stock market highs. ALL, not many, of my stock holdings are falling at a concerning rate. This has nothing to do with market fundamentals. These are all solid companies with bright futures for growth. 

I don't like to talk about politics a lot, in terms of this forum. But I never had an interest in precious metals. I actually never had a big interest in growing wealth. But with the emergence of Donald Trump and his ilk, I saw a huge opportunity to make money. Not because he is such a "tremendous" businessman. He is an ego-maniacal, elitist, xenophobic, man-baby. He breeds chaos everywhere he goes. Him and people like Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan want to deregulate everything, and give massive tax-cuts to the wealthiest Americans, and cut our international trade. This is not an equation for economic growth. It is an equation of greed. Every time these people wave their "personal freedom banner", they are going to engage in shady business practices and scams which are get rich quick schemes.

Anyone who has bought into a get rich quick scheme will tell you the inevitable outcome. But when it comes to our national/ global economy, people are convinced, "this time it will work". It never works. Let me rephrase. It makes a lot of money for the people who already had more than enough. It doesn't really impact the poor, they had little or nothing to begin with. It effects the middle-class the most. 

I also know that as soon as these selfish, greedy, short-sighted people inevitably crash the economy again, gold and silver will get those price spikes again. This is why I began buying precious metals. It isn't because of hyper-inflation, prepping for the end of the world, nor any other reason the "pumpers" give. People are always saying, "nobody has a crystal ball. nobody can predict the future." This is true to an extent. Becoming a student of history will give you insight into the future. It's a part of the scientific method, which creates "laws". 1+2=3, every time. Every time the wealthy attempt to accelerate the rate at which their wealth grows, at the expense of the general public, a crash inevitably follows. Just like the person who says, "I am a great driver." As they are texting, drinking a latte, and speeding. 3...2..1. CRASH!

Archived