• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 1 oz Cayman Islands Marlin Silver Coin (BU)

999magnum

23 minutes ago, PolarPanda said:

For some reason i never like coins with a fish in it... I have no idea why that is, but i don't feel attracted to it, even if there are some very nice coins on the market. Isn't this the coin that came in this special coin card by the way? 

At first I didn't think much of this coin also, that is until I watched all the videos about it on youtube. The coin looks like a million bucks. I thought I liked the reverse maples and the Chiwoos, but this, I think I'm going to like more.

2 hours ago, AlphaBeast said:

I have these - bit surprised they are not as popular. They look amazing in reality and well packaged! Hope the continue the series!

Ya not too much out there on these awesome coins.

3 hours ago, PolarPanda said:

For some reason i never like coins with a fish in it... I have no idea why that is, but i don't feel attracted to it, even if there are some very nice coins on the market. Isn't this the coin that came in this special coin card by the way? 

I don't  like fish on anything really, but my dinner plate. I completely agree with you. Maybe this is  the reason this coin isn't as popular?

3 hours ago, Martlet said:

Its my favorite coin.  The fish is great, but really sets it apart is the water and in hand it looks almost 3D.

I think the problem with coins in pictures and coins held in your hand is a whole world of difference. (I am a photographer ;) )

When I got my first panda, I was mesmerised by how it appeared in reality compared to the images and it made me want to collect more. Same with the Marlin, hence I hope they can continue...

It’s true. I’m in real deep. I just can’t get over how beautiful this coin is. The pictures just can’t capture how great this coin looks. 

Sorry if the pics are repetitive. I’m trying to find good ones that has captured all the ripples and waves. 

07089638-7A5C-47D5-B3DE-CE456B0575D3.jpeg

1 hour ago, AlphaBeast said:

Video man, video! lol :D

I have left mine in the cardboard wraps - but seeing your pics makes me happy! Beautiful! :wub:

Maybe I'll start doing some amateur clips so others can see, but I'm too shy so it will be a thing to see for the future.

My plan was to leave them in their cardboard also, but I couldn't resist. The dark forces were too intense and I ripped the one on the end.

10 hours ago, 999magnum said:

Maybe I'll start doing some amateur clips so others can see, but I'm too shy so it will be a thing to see for the future.

My plan was to leave them in their cardboard also, but I couldn't resist. The dark forces were too intense and I ripped the one on the end.

Undercover Beast lol :lol:

2 hours ago, 999magnum said:

Flippin' dammit I scratched the coin. Even though I was wearing gloves. I just had to fondle it one last time last night and now there are teeny tiny scratches on the circle with the crown Sonova beeeeeeesh.

Lesson learnt I guess lol..don't worry, most of us have done this once at one point..better on this coin than a rarer coin! ;) 

54 minutes ago, AlphaBeast said:

Lesson learnt I guess lol..don't worry, most of us have done this once at one point..better on this coin than a rarer coin! ;) 

Why did I think that it would be ok to run my fingers all over the coin??? Because of the gloves...Yes lesson learned!

Archived