• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 proof Sovereign - 65th coronation "crown privy"

sovereignsteve

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well just glad that RM has FINALLY stop milking the 2017 design with another coin variation. Probably not they still have a month till the end of 2017...

Omne aurum quod rex valūtās

I’m kind of bored of the Sovereign after the overkill that was the 2017 range.

Edit: Also, the description states “Includes the first sapphire coronation anniversary mint mark to be struck on an official UK coin”. Is that supposed to be the selling point? You could put any privy mark for whatever reason and call it a first - there’s almost always an anniversary to celebrate every year for something or the other.

Easy pass for me :)

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

As well as being bored, they were bloody expensive to get the different versions lol I wouldn't be surprised if there's a dip this year after rinsing everyone's pockets 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

This wont be a rinse compared to the silver crowns, other silver proofs and god knows what else etc that are being lined up no doubt.

13,350 mintage....I would rather get two sovs for the 445gbp they want for this sov proof

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Edit: Also, the description states “Includes the first sapphire coronation anniversary mint mark to be struck on an official UK coin”. Is that supposed to be the selling point? You could put any privy mark for whatever reason and call it a first - there’s almost always an anniversary to celebrate every year for something or the other.

Easy pass for me :)

Mint mark or privy? Surely the mint mark is the Llantrisant cross crosslet? 

20 minutes ago, Oldun said:

13;350 and 10,500 avaiable as single proofs.

Soooooo, where the heck are the other 2,850 going....?

I smell a best of queen cd box set coming...loooool

Premium Five Coin Set: 450

Four Coin Set: 300

Premium Thee Coin Set: 750

Three Coin Set: 1000

That’s a total of 2,500, which leaves 350 which will probably go straight to companies like NGC etc. for things like early strike designations. At least, that is what I think.

Also, I don’t recall a Four Coin Set last year ?

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Premium Five Coin Set: 450

Four Coin Set: 300

Premium Thee Coin Set: 750

Three Coin Set: 1000

That’s a total of 2,500, which leaves 350 which will probably go straight to companies like NGC etc. for things like early strike designations. At least, that is what I think.

Also, I don’t recall a Four Coin Set last year ?

Four coin is new for this year, we weren't offered this one. Our first allocation  of the other coins and sets are selling fast, looks like it's going to be popular with regular collectors.

Archived