• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bow to the next, newest Egyptian God...Sobek!

Jester

OK, that's it...I'm going to have to pick all three of these 2 oz .999 Silver Ultra High Relief rounds now.

They sat forever with only Cleopatra and Anubis available but Provident just announced they're finally releasing the third round in the Egyptian God series and it looks hawt.  Damn fine minting for a round.  Provident shared that Sunshine Minting will be taking over for the remainder of the series.  Here are all three with Sobek yet to be released (expected early to mid-December).

Cleopatra

Cleopatra Silver Round

Anubis

Anubis 2 oz Silver Round

Annnd...Sobek!

Sobek 2 oz Ultra High Relief Silver Round

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, PolarPanda said:

@Numistacker would it be possible to let these get graded with the special Egyptian Gods label with NGC? I can't seem to find this label anymore on their website? 

egyptian gods label NGC.jpg

You wouldn't be able to get that label if you submitted the raw coin to NGC although it does make for s great looking presentation.

1 hour ago, Scuzzle said:

Good news, I thought that series had died a death due to the Elemetal scandal.  I hope thats just the picture thats making Sobek look matt, in the other coins Cleo and Anubis have more of a sheen to them.

Agreed. I thought the same thing regarding Elemetal. Happy to hear Sunshine has picked it up. I do think it is just the pic that makes it look different than the other two. With Cleopatra and Anubis, you're looking at images of the actual coin. Not sure they've minted any of Sobek yet.

2 hours ago, KDave said:

They are nice pieces of art, not sure about investment value I guess it depends on price.

Are they pricey? :P

I think you hit the nail on the head. Beautiful works of art. The raw coins go for around $60 each. So not astronomical premiums ($30/ounce) but certainly nowhere near spot. Only 500 rounds were minted in each format (they have an antiqued and non-antiqued option). The first two have appreciated some but these won't be your homeruns. Beautiful additions to a collection no doubt.

1 minute ago, Jester said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Beautiful works of art. The raw coins go for around $60 each. So not astronomical premiums ($30/ounce) but certainly nowhere near spot. Only 500 rounds were minted in each format (they have an antiqued and non-antiqued option). The first two have appreciated some but these won't be your homeruns. Beautiful additions to a collection no doubt.

The mintage of the rounds is not yet declared. Only the mintage of the Cleopatra has been announced but that's 38.767 and not 500? Or am i missing something here? In anyway they look fantastic. Will you buy them raw or graded? 

Air-tite does make capsules for these in both ringed and direct fit.  Described as fitting 2 oz elemental, cleopatra and privateer series.   I usually buy them from JP's Corner here in the U.S.

2 hours ago, PolarPanda said:

The mintage of the rounds is not yet declared. Only the mintage of the Cleopatra has been announced but that's 38.767 and not 500? Or am i missing something here? In anyway they look fantastic. Will you buy them raw or graded? 

Guernsey , at Andrew ,  sarnia silver sell these for cheap ....

celo 43 quid and anbius about 48 + shipping

https://www.sarniasilver.com/store/index.php?page=silver-rounds

duty already paid so don't worry about import tax from Guernsey 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

9 hours ago, Jester said:

Annnd...Sobek!

Sobek 2 oz Ultra High Relief Silver Round

in my best Mr Burns impression...... Eeeeexcellent !

video on Provident site declares the final mintages for Cleo (37,995), Anubis (16,142) surprised at that one

Great to hear too they are committed to another 3 rounds in this series in 2018, with Heidi Wastweet continuing to do all the designs.

2 hours ago, PolarPanda said:

No, you weren't mistaken.  Good catch buddy.  I was looking at the slabbed/graded options they have that have been individually edge numbered: U001-U500.  So I guess, it's in essence the same round that's been graded and edge numbered...not sure that distinguishes it enough from the raw version to justify the additional premium.  Although I guess grading the rounds is fair game if government-issued medals can be and are graded.

Anubis.jpg.57df90df7ed15893edf8029b0fcec701.jpg

I think I prefer the non-antiqued version more but as I'm mulling it over while on Provident's site, the vile words keeping creeping up in my mind...milking...spotting...

Maybe that's not an issue with these rounds but if there is a chance, the antiquing would certainly help to mask those imperfections that could pop up later?

Silver Cleopatra CoinAntiqued Cleopatra Coin | MS70

6 minutes ago, Jester said:

I think I prefer the non-antiqued version more but as I'm mulling it over while on Provident's site, the vile words keeping creeping up in my mind...milking...spotting

Hasn't been an issue on these. Or scratches, scuffs or dents. They have taken outstanding care with these rounds

10 hours ago, PolarPanda said:

Ohw... Do you then maybe have any idea which capsules would fit? 

yes, the ones sold specifically for them, they are an unusual size;)

I used to get them from provident but I think airtites do them as well now.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

59 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Thanks.  I just ordered both :)

If u order twice separately your delivery charge will be less than one order with two coins because 2 coins is by special delivery 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived