• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Lets see your 2ozers

motorbikez

Very nice Kieth thanks for posting pics. :) I'll probably buy one of those once i complete or nearly complete my 2oz lunar proof set.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Founder & Administrator

Very nice Kieth thanks for posting pics. :) I'll probably buy one of those once i complete or nearly complete my 2oz lunar proof set.

Am I he only person on here who isn't collecting the SBSS stuff?

I will post a pic of my favourite (and only) 2oz coin when I am back in the UK in a few weeks.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Am I he only person on here who isn't collecting the SBSS stuff?

I will post a pic of my favourite (and only) 2oz coin when I am back in the UK in a few weeks.

No Chris I have no SBSS stuff either,but i will buy the 2 ozer sometime.

NOW lets get back on the thread guys :P 2 ozers please

My bad for dragging us OT ;)

Right now i've not really been looking at coins bigger than 1oz, although that being said the Perth mint lunars (another series I keep mentioning) do come out with consistently good designs IMO and completing a set of those in 2oz would be a very interesting proposition.

My bad for dragging us OT ;)

Right now i've not really been looking at coins bigger than 1oz, although that being said the Perth mint lunars (another series I keep mentioning) do come out with consistently good designs IMO and completing a set of those in 2oz would be a very interesting proposition.

You are right buddy I have the full set of lunar 2  2oz proofs and all the 2oz Bu's except the 2oz mouse.I can't quite talk myself into spending £280 for a 2oz Bu mouse.I will sometime but i can buy a very rare lunar 1 2oz proof for the same or less money.

I'm totally priced out of proofs and BU's mate! Can't imagine how much you've spend getting that lot together! I'll be sticking to the regular 2ozers if I consider going down that route, I suppose it'll depend on what the goat design looks like if I decide to step in at the end of this year or not.

I'm totally priced out of proofs and BU's mate! Can't imagine how much you've spend getting that lot together! I'll be sticking to the regular 2ozers if I consider going down that route, I suppose it'll depend on what the goat design looks like if I decide to step in at the end of this year or not.

That is the price for the regular Bu 2oz lunar mouse £270-£300 it is because of the very low mintage of 9,126 ,the laugh here  is the ox also has a relatively low mintage of 18,570 and you can pick that up for £80-£100

Just looked at pricing for a 2014 2oz Perth Horse, Atkinstons seemed the best at £50.28 inc delivery (STG didn't sell that weight) until I saw they have sold on eBay for £40 - £45 earlier in the year

There is a set of Lunar 2, 2oz for sale here in Sweden atm. full set (2008-2014) in a red collector box for 7000:- sek, thats about 631£ +pps.

If there someone interested i can help with contact.

There is a set of Lunar 2, 2oz for sale here in Sweden atm. full set (2008-2014) in a red collector box for 7000:- sek, thats about 631£ +pps.

I'd love to, and that is a fairly good price, but I already have a couple of them.

Very tempting, but no. I'm resisting for once.

For that money, I'll get the Somali elephant full set and almost finish my rwanda's.

This forum is full of temptation!!

Stacker since 2013

Bosse is that the proof set or the BU's

That is a reasonable price for someone considering you get the mouse,which is the only one I'm short of.

I do have a contact in Germany who has a few 2oz mice and I'll get one of him in a few months time.

That is a reasonable price for someone considering you get the mouse,which is the only one I'm short of.

I do have a contact in Germany who has a few 2oz mice and I'll get one of him in a few months time.

What's the asking price MB (if you don't mind me asking).

Stacker since 2013

Same as everywhere else Danny £275 (give or take £5) but I would buy off him because from previous experience I know the coin will be mint.

• Founder & Administrator

Motorbikz, what is your reasoning behind collecting the 2oz size?

Is it because they look nicer than the 1oz, or that you feel they are better value for money, or you just like that size more?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Motorbikz, what is your reasoning behind collecting the 2oz size?

Is it because they look nicer than the 1oz, or that you feel they are better value for money, or you just like that size more?

Chris I just like the size more for some reason,they are chunky  and appeal greatly to me,don't get me wrong I have an extensive collection of the 1ozers but 2oz followed by 10 oz are my favourite coin size.

I also like the 1oz HR roos and piedfort coins for the same reason.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest two coins in my collection, to say they are stunning is an understatement. Both lunar series 1 2oz proofs

2002 proof 2oz horse mintage a relatively high 772 but like the dragon they are rarely for sale.

P1000219_zps78ed7a29.jpg

2005 rooster mintage 262

P1000220_zpsd68ae7a7.jpg

Archived